Prospective surgeon Claims 90 grafts/ cm2 is safe

Hey people!

I'm new here and I've been going through a few threads lately and they are extremely educative - so thank you for making this such a vibrant community.

I'm at Norwood 2 currently, I don't see a quick hair loss progression either. But I'd like to get my hairline and temples rebuilt.

Clearly, Dr. Bhatti seems to be the obvious choice in India, but I did stumble upon another clinic in Mumbai. They've got some decent results but what bothers me is that they proclaim to be the world record holders of implanting 100+ hair roots/cm2.

I recently got on a video call with the Chief Surgeon and asked him about the density, and he admitted that the usual density is around 60 to 70 grafts/cm2 but also went ahead and told me that he could do 90 or 100 grafts/cm2. My immediate folllow up was about the survival rate - to which he replied that there was no basis for this and people were only hypothetically speculating about it.

Is this a red flag?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Also, I see that this forum recommends 5 surgeons for India, if there are other notable mentions, I'd like to know about them too.

Thanks!

IMHO, that's definitely a red flag. First off, most individuals, if not all individuals need that level of hyper-density.

And also it is true that the survival rate or yield goes down as the these hyper- density levels are grafted.

Can you imagine the trauma level of that type of work on the scalp...:eek:

Better to achieve it in several procedures allowing each procedure to fully grow out. And chances are after the first procedure, you will find out that you really do not need as much work as you thought.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY