The hidden gem of turkey ioh

FergieFC

Hello lads,

I've been a long time lurker on this site now for about 5 years now, I never really posted anything I just came on here to look at results by different surgeons. My story goes I got a HT at the age of just 21. I know I was way to young to have a transplant at that age and the doctors shouldn't of preformed the surgery but I didn't at the time have a great understanding of the way hair transplant worked and what looks natural, density etc. I just seen a great deal for 1000 grafts and went for it I wanted to lower my hairline at the time which was a mistake.

So after 5 years of endless research and looking to which surgeon to pick I narrowed it down to IOH in Istanbul and HLC in Ankara, I got quoted 2700grafts by both, In the end I picked Institute of Hair (IOH) all though they are only a new clinic any results I found were top class and the price was only €1.50 per graft and when I found out IOH only do manual FUE it was a no brainier i always found judging results online manual FUE left the donor scaring smaller and a overall better result just my opinion. The surgeon and all the technicians form IOH worked in ASMED before leaving and setting up IOH. I emailed the clinic before xmas and was booked in for March 8th-10th 2018

March 8th

I arrived in ataturk airport on a thursday and I drove to the clinic, When I got there I met Cagla who I was emailing back and forth over the past few months. She basically set up everything for me she was the coordinator. She really made me feel welcome I couldn't of asked for a nicer coordinator she was fantastic. So after she showed me around I met the surgeon and the technicians. Elif and Mustafa were the surgeons. Elif was the leader though she started making out the measurements on my head and telling me what she can do to repair my old HT I got and that i needed to bring the hairline back in order to get a more natural look and that i needed 2700grafts. Bloods were taking and My Pictures were taking and then the part I was dreading shaving my head. After all that the surgery was the next day at 7am I was driven back to my hotel were I was staying at the double tree by the Hilton.

March 9th

I got collected form the hotel and then drove to the clinic, started the operation at 8am, they gave me local anesthesia to the back of the head, It wasn't painful it just felt weird after 10mins i couldn't feel a thing. Elif began manual extracting the hair form the back of my head it was painless,Elif didnt extract any grafts were i had the previous transplant as it was already noticeable and i didn't want any grafts taking form there you can see in the picture below. At around 12:30pm I stopped for lunch. At 1pm they continued to manual extract the grafts and the grafts that needed to come out form my old HT as you can see below in the pictures the tiny red dots just below my hairline. After all that local anesthesia was injected into the top of my head again it wasn't painful it just felt really weird. Then Elif began to punch the canals for the transplanted hair and after that Elif and Mustafa began to place the transplanted hair into the canals the operation was over at 6:30pm. After all that i went back to the hotel.

March 10th

Checked out of the hotel, drove to the clinic for the first wash and they explained to me what to do and how to wash my hair they gave me a bunch of stuff to take and use as in shampoo etc. Drove to the airport then and back home I went. :D

Overall 2700 grafts were planted price was €1.50 per graft. It was manual FUE, The experience was amazing, and I will update you every month on my progression.

20180312_202052.thumb.jpg.316330c5df2ec5340aa61a2dd4d79348.jpg

5b32fa23db3e5_20180312_201727(1).thumb.jpg.d13ca05527316d1b900bd95f5df63192.jpg

20180312_201912.thumb.jpg.fe3f4cff4aa137f26e58b13ce12d5d78.jpg

IMG_4010.thumb.jpg.4be2eb5d597cdefde4b4dd587432fd32.jpg

IMG_4007.thumb.jpg.fac5923b2f08116c4ba5c96a1b2f8b78.jpg

IMG_4005.thumb.jpg.39e4165b0e22127e53d9f80d34dfeb83.jpg

IMG_4004.thumb.jpg.e84e786eb177a145a07aaabc234f4d79.jpg

5b32fa249b94c_20180312_202307(1).thumb.jpg.fde35d5905234867250954a909c28973.jpg

5b32fa24b2840_20180312_202345(1).thumb.jpg.77966c904e9d2bb45c621c8f18314e8d.jpg

5b32fa24d3ef6_20180312_202443(1).thumb.jpg.9c2c370efa48f54cecf84d18a0e87549.jpg

20180312_202506.thumb.jpg.3490b7241e36e887532158a4623713f5.jpg

IMG_4016.thumb.jpg.d77a8331c7d634c15726f4bee087b0fd.jpg

20180312_202603.thumb.jpg.13fc016ec1e1727ddb4a9886da83bd65.jpg

20180312_202634.thumb.jpg.ea700d0583972468a47cf936faa11a3b.jpg

20180312_202719.thumb.jpg.750ab7e516720ab20c7f08f1cea2d4dd.jpg

5b32fa257dd2f_20180312_202749(1).thumb.jpg.fc86c4bf31acca37437d893999953905.jpg

IMG_4022.thumb.jpg.d868291779f5faf3390c6b40a22b5a8b.jpg

Edited by FergieFC

definitely keep updating this, I've been waiting to see some works from this clinic. Having the asmed training system behind them should lead to some good results. What are they using to implant, are they using the keep system that Erdogan is running now?

definitely keep updating this, I've been waiting to see some works from this clinic. Having the asmed training system behind them should lead to some good results. What are they using to implant, are they using the keep system that Erdogan is running now?

Whats the keep system ?

Whats the keep system ?

lol isn't Erdogan your first choice, shouldn't you know this by now?

Keep is the the Koray Erdogan Embedding placer or something like that. The theory behind it is, Docs like Lorenzo get incredible yields because of the implanter pen he uses being gentler on the grafts than traditional forceps. The downside was that implanter pens supposedly couldn't get the natural hair angles that slits could so Keep basically is a hybrid of the 2, they use slits to make channels and hold the grafts in the gentler pen system and place them in. The implanter pen that most of the spanish docs use is a one step process, they punch the hole and embed the hair in one motion where keep is a 2 step approach taking both of the best elements from each approach.

• Valued Contributor
Whats the keep system ?

Check out Dr. Erdogan’s ASMED YouTube channel. There’s a video there that shows you exactly what it does if you need a visual representation.

Just type, ‘ASMED Dr. Koray Erdogan’, in the search bar if you haven’t already. Good information there. Erdogan’s and Lorenzo’s YouTube pages are great for not just video diaries of patient results but also information regarding the use of technique, equipment used, graft management, different types of mpb, etc.

Give it a look. The more you know, right? ;)

Do they examine manually extracted grafts under a micrscope to ensure that grafts that look like 1 haired-follicles are truly 1 haired-follicles?

If a clinic doesn't use a micrscope AFTER extraction - MANY apparent 1 haired-follicles really contain 2 hairs (without using a micrscope). A magnification loop nor the naked eye is good enough to spot lurking 2 haired-follicles that look like 1 haired ones.

following your updates. They have very honest pictures and videos on youtube. Sometimes they use alot of grafts in a small area and the result is not that thick.. Have you watched all their videos?

Do they examine manually extracted grafts under a micrscope to ensure that grafts that look like 1 haired-follicles are truly 1 haired-follicles?

If a clinic doesn't use a micrscope AFTER extraction - MANY apparent 1 haired-follicles really contain 2 hairs (without using a micrscope). A magnification loop nor the naked eye is good enough to spot lurking 2 haired-follicles that look like 1 haired ones.

This isn't entirely true, a few maybe but many not even close. You would have to have insanely bad luck for most of your 2 hairs to be half in a telogen phase and presenting themselves as singles. Joe just over hypes this point as another reason his fue doc should be your choice as he knows most of the top fue Euro docs don't use them. Talk to joe and he'll also tell you why the coverage value systems are bad and on and on, he's about his bottom line, there is some element of truth to what he's saying but he overstates how much of an issue it really is. Erdogans clinic doesn't use microscopes so I doubt this clinic does either and if it were really an issue they wouldn't be knocking out the hairlines they are (speaking of asmed as I dont know iohs work well enough), they'd look clunky with doubles and triples masquerading as singles.

Yea it was the keep method, IOH are also able to perform Long Hair FUE aswell Eilf and Mustafa are very talented. I was never really a fan of the choi pen implanter though.

You can't argue the yields with the pens, it's consistently yielding high numbers, there is something to the gentler action on the grafts. Good to know about keep.

lol isn't Erdogan your first choice, shouldn't you know this by now?

Keep is the the Koray Erdogan Embedding placer or something like that. The theory behind it is, Docs like Lorenzo get incredible yields because of the implanter pen he uses being gentler on the grafts than traditional forceps. The downside was that implanter pens supposedly couldn't get the natural hair angles that slits could so Keep basically is a hybrid of the 2, they use slits to make channels and hold the grafts in the gentler pen system and place them in. The implanter pen that most of the spanish docs use is a one step process, they punch the hole and embed the hair in one motion where keep is a 2 step approach taking both of the best elements from each approach.

Interesting but in the end whats really more important technique or results ?

Erdogan has a pretty solid track record of constant positive reviews and results

So thats what makes me lean hard towards him I figure you really can't go wrong with the guy

Am I wrong ?

Interesting but in the end whats really more important technique or results ?

Erdogan has a pretty solid track record of constant positive reviews and results

So thats what makes me lean hard towards him I figure you really can't go wrong with the guy

Am I wrong ?

Results, but usually when you're picking a doctor you are interested in what his technique is as well so I was just surprised you didn't know what it was . You won't go wrong with Erdogan.

Hello:) I am Cagla from IOH, no, we are not using the keep system, we are doing manual implantation, if you have any more questions you can contact us anytime you want to from info@iohair.com, you can also check our results from http://www.manuelfueresults.com

Edited by Iohair

Hello:) no, we are not using a microscope we do use special loops with polarized lights, and since that we are doing manuel FUE we can also control the grafts during the extraction. We are using a special tool called Syris which is a headpiece with special loops and polarized light.

if you have any more questions you can contact us anytime you want to from info@iohair.com, you can also check our results from http://www.manuelfueresults.com

Edited by Iohair

Day 10

These photos were taking yesterday, Donor area is healing fast, Recipient area all the scabs fell off day 7-8, small bit of redness on the recipient area but its barley visible. dreading the shock loss now in the next coming weeks as I quite like my new hairline.

also they're were a few questions last week that you were asking that I didn't have a great understanding about so I contacted IOH and they were kind to answer about the keep method and microscope after extraction.

20180320_150926.thumb.jpg.6ef5392f22242724aa475dc43737ac54.jpg

20180320_153451.thumb.jpg.3a6db09cfe45c49236f1659f7e846177.jpg

20180320_153648.thumb.jpg.92d81a2299bb14bcb82fb750c86fe9a0.jpg

Sorry, had to register just to post this.

I would stay away from IOH. They are taking advantage of "ex-ASMED / erdogan staff" rhetoric and there are many RAGING turkish patients that got hairtransplant from IOH.

Their photos look crisp, results not much.

bad IOH results

One of the IOH victim created this site (ONCE : Before / SONRA : After) just to show how bad IOH results are. These are the worst ones, their other results are mediocre at best though.

Note that, there are active lawsuits against IOH and IOH victims are trying to act together.

Just wanted to warn Hairrestorationnetwork family about them. They smile to your face until the money arrives to IOH bank account.

IOH is a shady company and using fake / manipulated photos to lure new foreign patients since they have a REALLY bad reputation in Turkey right now.

Sorry, had to register just to post this.

I would stay away from IOH. They are taking advantage of "ex-ASMED / erdogan staff" rhetoric and there are many RAGING turkish patients that got hairtransplant from IOH.

Their photos look crisp, results not much.

bad IOH results

One of the IOH victim created this site (ONCE : Before / SONRA : After) just to show how bad IOH results are. These are the worst ones, their other results are mediocre at best though.

Note that, there are active lawsuits against IOH and IOH victims are trying to act together.

Just wanted to warn Hairrestorationnetwork family about them. They smile to your face until the money arrives to IOH bank account.

IOH is a shady company and using fake / manipulated photos to lure new foreign patients since they have a REALLY bad reputation in Turkey right now.

thank you for bringing this information to our attention meetyourmaker. This is such a new clinic to most of us that we don't know the full story yet. I hope for the op's sake this result is outstanding but I know I'll continue to watch this clinic with a critical eye until such time they've established a consistent track record of success if they ever do.

IOH's official statement :

These writings do not reflect the truth, it is intended to harm the brand name. The source is being investigated and the legal process is being initiated.We are always available to reach and standing by our patients. Since the legal process is being initiated we won't be doing any other statements about this matter.

IOH Team

the good old "they are trying to harm our brand" card is pulled out again.

how do you plan to defend yourself, IOH? do you prefer to make me share your all "bad" transplants here? don't push your luck.

these guys are popped out of nowhere in 2015 with a "we are ex ASMED / koray erdogan staff and we will bring same quality with a lower price" motto, made a lot of hair transplant to local turkish patients. Many people had high hopes for IOH but after 12 months they started to ignore their victims, did not answer the phones, did not mention "refund" too.

They are shady and have a really bad reputation in Turkey right now. I wanted to warn you since local Turkish patients are not good with English so they might not able to express themselves here.

IOH, i am not one of your victim but believe me, i will chase you and hunt you down wherever you go.

the good old "they are trying to harm our brand" card is pulled out again.

how do you plan to defend yourself, IOH? do you prefer to make me share your all "bad" transplants here? don't push your luck.

these guys are popped out of nowhere in 2015 with a "we are ex ASMED / koray erdogan staff and we will bring same quality with a lower price" motto, made a lot of hair transplant to local turkish patients. Many people had high hopes for IOH but after 12 months they started to ignore their victims, did not answer the phones, did not mention "refund" too.

They are shady and have a really bad reputation in Turkey right now. I wanted to warn you since local Turkish patients are not good with English so they might not able to express themselves here.

IOH, i am not one of your victim but believe me, i will chase you and hunt you down wherever you go.

Well thanks for sharing! I will give my honest result within the next few months only time will tell. But for godsake can you please stop with all this negativity i'm only after getting the hair transplant 3 weeks ago! I really do have sympathy for does guys in the picture but If you want to show bad results start a new thread I don't want to see this in my thread at this moment in time, everything has been positive so far my hair is looking good and the clinic have been helpful contacting me every week. Believe me if the hair transplant is a bad result I will post it and wont hold back. But I've high hopes and everything is going great so far. I will definitely keep yous up to date on my progress month by month I wont vanish like the other guy in this forum who got a hair transplant with IOH he seems to have crawled under a rock.

Well thanks for sharing! I will give my honest result within the next few months only time will tell. But for godsake can you please stop with all this negativity i'm only after getting the hair transplant 3 weeks ago! I really do have sympathy for does guys in the picture but If you want to show bad results start a new thread I don't want to see this in my thread at this moment in time, everything has been positive so far my hair is looking good and the clinic have been helpful contacting me every week. Believe me if the hair transplant is a bad result I will post it and wont hold back. But I've high hopes and everything is going great so far. I will definitely keep yous up to date on my progress month by month I wont vanish like the other guy in this forum who got a hair transplant with IOH he seems to have crawled under a rock.

Sorry, you are right. I hope your transplant will go well. There are good IOH results too, but they did a mistake and left their patients with bad results, did not offer refund, basicly they acted like an amateur brand. I could not let them act here like everything was fine for local turkish patients.

As i mentioned, i hope your transplant will go well. Just update us monthly (or every 3 month) :)

• 3 years later...