ASMED - Dr. Koray Erdogan 07/08 March 2018 4521 Grafts

Jammerz

Hi guys,

I feel that the amount of help I have gained from reading others stories on this forum that it is only fair I share my experience also.

So I am 27 years old and I would say I am a NW4, I started losing my hair around 19-20 slightly receding and slowly going thin. Started using propecia from Belgravia around 3 years ago and noticed good gains and thickening, came off propecia to start trying for a baby and due to a combination of circumstances haven't been back on until 2 weeks ago. I feel over the last year and half my hair has thinned and receded since I stopped taking propecia.

Around 9 months ago seeing my hair get worse I came to the web to investigate HT and came across this forum and have been reading ever since. I Chose Dr Koray from his results and peoples experiences with ASMED. I was quoted 4.5k grafts from my online consultation and I must say my patient coordinator Esen is amazingly kind and very fast at response to emails whatsapp, She answered all my questions and more.

Im now at home 2 days post op and have swelling and slight itch now and then, note swelling going down slightly from yesterday.

Consultation day - I travelled with my brother for support and also because he is interested in potentially getting a HT. we arrived at Istanbul at 06am 06/03/2018 and was greeted by the ASMED driver who took us to the hotel to rest until we was due to be picked up at 12:20. Worth noting here the hotel is immaculate and the staff working there are also very kind and helpful, if you have worries about people seeing you with red head then please don't as its so common that I honestly didn't receive one weird look the 3 days I was walking around or eating in hotel.

Arriving at ASMED I was greeted by ESEN and the place is spotless and hygiene is super important I've never changed shoes so many times while I was there. Esen went through things with me and I mentioned I hadn't eaten much due to nerves so she had two toasties and juice made for me and also my brother. this happened a few times I was there as I am a bit fussy so they was also bringing me extra food and tea. I had my health check and pre op photos taken and then went to see Dr Koray. He discussed my donor and hair thickness etc.. and we drew the line, at first I was a bit gutted and asked him to lower it he was hesitant considering my future potential loss but we agreed to go slightly lower and I was very happy. He did mention I have miniaturization in my mid scalp area on top and crown and said the propecia i just started should help thicken this up again. Then came head shave and the final hairline drawn in permanent marker along with more photos being taken and then dropped back to hotel with my medication that Dr Umat gave me to calm my nerves.

Surgery Day 1

I was picked up with 3 other guys all on their second days, I was extremely nervous and the guys calmed me down by telling me the surgery was easy and not painful, I tried to believe them but had my doubts. When we arrived Dr umat asked me how I was feeling and see my Heart rate high so gave me some extra meds to relax me, we then started. the injections commenced and I must say they are no more painful then a pinch each one lasting around one second just close your eyes and its over so fast and then you don't feel a thing, its really not bad at all. Extractions started and I watched Hangover 1 and 2. Dr Koray then came and done by incisions before lunch - some say this is hard for them as being held down but I found this the most relaxing part and fell asleep both times having this done. After lunch came implantation again injections to numb the area and then just relaxed and fell in and out of sleep while often asking questions to Esen who was with me the whole time I was in clinic, along with Susanna and Sema who was also with me one day each. at the end we had final inspection and i was bandaged up and sent upstairs for laser therapy and then taken to the hotel. I remember arriving to see my brother and saying I don't know why I was nervous and it was super easy. first day was the hairline and temple peaks so without any swelling I spent the evening admiring my new hairline and taking selfies to send to friends.

Surgery Day 2 - Same as day one, only difference being I had my incisions after lunch and also had PRP treatment this day. With PRP they inject it into the top part of scalp and just rub it into the donor area, I was told its benefits of regrowth are not very clear but its good for healing. Also my Blood pressure went low and I remember DR Umat putting a drip on me and giving me extra meds - honestly some say this guy is a bit cold and scary but he's amazing at what he does and he spent each day with me having lunch and asking me questions. I Didn't find the second day harder at all like some, I think it was easier as you know what's happening and you know everyone around you. Same again I watched films and had a snooze now and then. the technicians are also very good at telling you what they are doing at each stage even showing you the grafts and also showing you the tools, for example they asked if I had seen KEEP before and showed me how my graft went into it etc.. I had Dilek come in at the end of each day and inspect before I was allowed to finish surgery. Again bandaged up and sent upstairs for Laser therapy. Esen also bringing me some toast and tea while I relaxed chatting. then back to hotel to see my final result.

Post op day - picked up in the morning and taken to the clinic to see Esen who had many instructions to tell me about post op care, I was given a good washing and given my bag of goodies including my shaver that was used on me and USB etc... she also had a present for me a lovely box of Turkish delights. Honestly I must say while you are with ASMED they do not stop giving you anything you wish for. Im sure you all know by now they have a lady playing piano for you in the lobby and how hi tech their facility is. So after this Dilek came in again and had a look at me after the wash and said its very clean work and she was happy with the work. I bid farewell to everyone including a good farewell to Esen who was amazing throughout. I was then taken to the airport, it was raining so the driver held an umbrella over my head to protect me.

I travelled home with no shades and no hat as you see so many others in the airport sporting bands and red heads that you just don't care, and also i didn't want to do anything that could impact my precious grafts! haha. I flew back to Gatwick via Turkish airlines and had 4 of us on the same flight that had hair transplants and every other passenger didn't even care to be honest no problem at all. only embarrassing part being my face was very swollen by then and I had a heavy head.

now 2 days post op and the only issue I have is a sore neck from the neck pillow as I am a side sleeper and its super hard for me to sleep with the pillow, my pillow has remained pumped and hasn't deflated like some say? Chilling on my sofa writing this I have no pain and only slight itches now and then in the donor but have notice today swelling has gotten slightly better. Hairline on fleek my friends.

Below il attach some photos from my USB given to me and a example of the analysis reports you get for your hair. ASMED are at the cutting edge of HT work and there is no guess work here I can assure you.

Hair stats:

Calibre 51 Microns

Donor 9k

Graft ratio implanted 2.27

total grafts 4521

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

PS id like to say a big thank you to HG1 who I have messaged with my nerves and he has calmed me down and provided excellent advice along with his wicked write up himself that helped me a lot.

_2.thumb.jpg.f5218e4851cca5062d4b6a40d4c96fdf.jpg

_DSC2314.thumb.jpg.baf901cfc3ca821946f2a907a2cbfc02.jpg

_DSC2309.thumb.jpg.96eee2f17a7104d656f7a7bbcc32beef.jpg

_DSC2412.thumb.jpg.e2d23f0531f4fac5ea8780fb10aecd5b.jpg

_DSC2679.thumb.jpg.d4fc8a5a87cc1dd23a8d28bd74f41871.jpg

_DSC2681.thumb.jpg.a6ad41e5bd002b92ac198106c4fe4bb1.jpg

_DSC2683.thumb.jpg.9bb66ec3d86d24ace5cf08c82cc298ec.jpg

_DSC2684.thumb.jpg.1b3a6880da0a6245d8841fa853ac652a.jpg

5b32fa11baae0_Hairstats1.thumb.jpg.9bb876b4e14a18082b981d9506365955.jpg

Edited by Jammerz

Will follow with interest.

How much higher did the doctor want to place the hairline initially?

Hi Bjorn

Thanks for your interest.. Basically the thickness of the line, so not lots but abit.

I’m Day 4 post op now and most the scabs from donor area fallen off and facial swelling has really improved, I travelled home looking like a freak. Will post pics at day 14 once scabs are off to show the initial result before shed.

Hi guys,

I feel that the amount of help I have gained from reading others stories on this forum that it is only fair I share my experience also.

So I am 27 years old and I would say I am a NW4, I started losing my hair around 19-20 slightly receding and slowly going thin. Started using propecia from Belgravia around 3 years ago and noticed good gains and thickening, came off propecia to start trying for a baby and due to a combination of circumstances haven't been back on until 2 weeks ago. I feel over the last year and half my hair has thinned and receded since I stopped taking propecia.

Around 9 months ago seeing my hair get worse I came to the web to investigate HT and came across this forum and have been reading ever since. I Chose Dr Koray from his results and peoples experiences with ASMED. I was quoted 4.5k grafts from my online consultation and I must say my patient coordinator Esen is amazingly kind and very fast at response to emails whatsapp, She answered all my questions and more.

Im now at home 2 days post op and have swelling and slight itch now and then, note swelling going down slightly from yesterday.

Consultation day - I travelled with my brother for support and also because he is interested in potentially getting a HT. we arrived at Istanbul at 06am 06/03/2018 and was greeted by the ASMED driver who took us to the hotel to rest until we was due to be picked up at 12:20. Worth noting here the hotel is immaculate and the staff working there are also very kind and helpful, if you have worries about people seeing you with red head then please don't as its so common that I honestly didn't receive one weird look the 3 days I was walking around or eating in hotel.

Arriving at ASMED I was greeted by ESEN and the place is spotless and hygiene is super important I've never changed shoes so many times while I was there. Esen went through things with me and I mentioned I hadn't eaten much due to nerves so she had two toasties and juice made for me and also my brother. this happened a few times I was there as I am a bit fussy so they was also bringing me extra food and tea. I had my health check and pre op photos taken and then went to see Dr Koray. He discussed my donor and hair thickness etc.. and we drew the line, at first I was a bit gutted and asked him to lower it he was hesitant considering my future potential loss but we agreed to go slightly lower and I was very happy. He did mention I have miniaturization in my mid scalp area on top and crown and said the propecia i just started should help thicken this up again. Then came head shave and the final hairline drawn in permanent marker along with more photos being taken and then dropped back to hotel with my medication that Dr Umat gave me to calm my nerves.

Surgery Day 1

I was picked up with 3 other guys all on their second days, I was extremely nervous and the guys calmed me down by telling me the surgery was easy and not painful, I tried to believe them but had my doubts. When we arrived Dr umat asked me how I was feeling and see my Heart rate high so gave me some extra meds to relax me, we then started. the injections commenced and I must say they are no more painful then a pinch each one lasting around one second just close your eyes and its over so fast and then you don't feel a thing, its really not bad at all. Extractions started and I watched Hangover 1 and 2. Dr Koray then came and done by incisions before lunch - some say this is hard for them as being held down but I found this the most relaxing part and fell asleep both times having this done. After lunch came implantation again injections to numb the area and then just relaxed and fell in and out of sleep while often asking questions to Esen who was with me the whole time I was in clinic, along with Susanna and Sema who was also with me one day each. at the end we had final inspection and i was bandaged up and sent upstairs for laser therapy and then taken to the hotel. I remember arriving to see my brother and saying I don't know why I was nervous and it was super easy. first day was the hairline and temple peaks so without any swelling I spent the evening admiring my new hairline and taking selfies to send to friends.

Surgery Day 2 - Same as day one, only difference being I had my incisions after lunch and also had PRP treatment this day. With PRP they inject it into the top part of scalp and just rub it into the donor area, I was told its benefits of regrowth are not very clear but its good for healing. Also my Blood pressure went low and I remember DR Umat putting a drip on me and giving me extra meds - honestly some say this guy is a bit cold and scary but he's amazing at what he does and he spent each day with me having lunch and asking me questions. I Didn't find the second day harder at all like some, I think it was easier as you know what's happening and you know everyone around you. Same again I watched films and had a snooze now and then. the technicians are also very good at telling you what they are doing at each stage even showing you the grafts and also showing you the tools, for example they asked if I had seen KEEP before and showed me how my graft went into it etc.. I had Dilek come in at the end of each day and inspect before I was allowed to finish surgery. Again bandaged up and sent upstairs for Laser therapy. Esen also bringing me some toast and tea while I relaxed chatting. then back to hotel to see my final result.

Post op day - picked up in the morning and taken to the clinic to see Esen who had many instructions to tell me about post op care, I was given a good washing and given my bag of goodies including my shaver that was used on me and USB etc... she also had a present for me a lovely box of Turkish delights. Honestly I must say while you are with ASMED they do not stop giving you anything you wish for. Im sure you all know by now they have a lady playing piano for you in the lobby and how hi tech their facility is. So after this Dilek came in again and had a look at me after the wash and said its very clean work and she was happy with the work. I bid farewell to everyone including a good farewell to Esen who was amazing throughout. I was then taken to the airport, it was raining so the driver held an umbrella over my head to protect me.

I travelled home with no shades and no hat as you see so many others in the airport sporting bands and red heads that you just don't care, and also i didn't want to do anything that could impact my precious grafts! haha. I flew back to Gatwick via Turkish airlines and had 4 of us on the same flight that had hair transplants and every other passenger didn't even care to be honest no problem at all. only embarrassing part being my face was very swollen by then and I had a heavy head.

now 2 days post op and the only issue I have is a sore neck from the neck pillow as I am a side sleeper and its super hard for me to sleep with the pillow, my pillow has remained pumped and hasn't deflated like some say? Chilling on my sofa writing this I have no pain and only slight itches now and then in the donor but have notice today swelling has gotten slightly better. Hairline on fleek my friends.

Below il attach some photos from my USB given to me and a example of the analysis reports you get for your hair. ASMED are at the cutting edge of HT work and there is no guess work here I can assure you.

Hair stats:

Calibre 51 Microns

Donor 9k

Graft ratio implanted 2.27

total grafts 4521

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

PS id like to say a big thank you to HG1 who I have messaged with my nerves and he has calmed me down and provided excellent advice along with his wicked write up himself that helped me a lot.

Hey Jam,

Looking good my friend :D

Next 6 to 8 weeks will the most difficult period, get through that and you will be fine. As discussed I found the first week, the worst by far - purely down to the elevated sleeping position. Try and get rid of the scabs by day 10. Enjoy your new hair for the next few weeks, and don't forget to wave it goodbye as it disappears down the plug hole :eek:

Keep the forum updated on your progress, good luck and happy growing.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hey Jam,

Looking good my friend :D

Next 6 to 8 weeks will the most difficult period, get through that and you will be fine. As discussed I found the first week, the worst by far - purely down to the elevated sleeping position. Try and get rid of the scabs by day 10. Enjoy your new hair for the next few weeks, and don't forget to wave it goodbye as it disappears down the plug hole :eek:

Keep the forum updated on your progress, good luck and happy growing.

Hi HG1

Yes going to be a hard few months the worst is you get to see a lovely hairline and then it gets taken away lol. Day ten today so going to post some pics

Hi! I am happy for you bro. Reading your post give me flashbacks of my experience with ASMED. I'll be following!

Hi Shuriken

I’ve also been following yours, the magic will be happening for you from now :) how have you found the ugly duckling stage?

Work looks great, as is expected with Dr. Erdogan! Enjoy the next few months and stay out of the sun too!

Really excited to see your results! Around 2 1/2 to 3 months take photos every 5th day... You'll notice huge changes that you wouldn't notice looking in the mirror daily! Congratulations and happy growing! :):D

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Hi Guys

Day 10 today post op so going to upload some photos to show my current condition.

I still have pain in my donor area that started about day 3 post op, kind of like aching headache pain that comes from a few soft spots reminds me asif it’s the sites of injections maybe?

Today I’m basically scab free maybe the odd scab here or there that l get off tonight with a nice wash, I’ve also purchased some Simple shampoo and also some hemp shampoo from Holland and Barrett to start using to see how I get on.

I must say I think the hairline area could maybe be a bit more dense but I guess some hairs have fell out with scabs so I won’t judge just yet. Redness is really good I have been out many times and no one looks at me just a few comments from people saying nice hair cut.

Just took these pics to show you guys. Will update again at day 28 with some more pics

AA174308-49C8-46DB-AB84-4F9104C68950.thumb.jpeg.8cebff4ba12229c0adc4c4f7e662f73d.jpeg

4C0D7F90-6241-4BA3-92D1-E12A20ED3428.thumb.jpeg.35b0854fa1eb448249de0cf55dc4ebbd.jpeg

0D0CDA95-2A4A-4928-B38D-30A30442630A.thumb.jpeg.ae465225eb6a409c4d0b101be2cb0d55.jpeg

BC1FAF8F-C5D5-4516-977B-4353700F6AA5.thumb.jpeg.d02fe24ce5969507fd9c469cbe4565f0.jpeg

Work looks great, as is expected with Dr. Erdogan! Enjoy the next few months and stay out of the sun too!

Really excited to see your results! Around 2 1/2 to 3 months take photos every 5th day... You'll notice huge changes that you wouldn't notice looking in the mirror daily! Congratulations and happy growing! :):D

Thanks Lukey

I hope I get good results and I will take photos as you suggested and hopefully get some good growth, im just hoping the hairline area has the density to not look see through at all once grown out, my hairs pretty thin so only time will tell

Hi Shuriken

I’ve also been following yours, the magic will be happening for you from now :) how have you found the ugly duckling stage?

I had to endure it and suck it up (and oh I work at the front desk, it sucked) but now that I'm on Day 86, I'm glad I'm out of it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Posting my one month update, a lot of hair has shed I think but not all, I have noticed the odd hairs in my hands when showering but I can’t say that I’ve seen hundreds or hairs.

Saying that my family have mentioned it now looks a lot thinner and as of a lot of the hair has now fell. I’ve taken photos under the harshest light I can find to show you guys, got the sides shaved down to a number 1 to tidy it up at the one month mark.

When I ran my fingers over the temples I still feel loads of hairs there and small spikes ones more in the front hairline, I’m guessing these probably will all shed over the next 2 weeks, will keep you updated on it. I don’t wear a hat and I have so many people ask me about my hair and so many people saying they want it done and where and why etc... it’s good to tell people about the experience.

97116C7B-2FA5-4ADC-BC96-BD6B59E66EFA.thumb.jpg.8dbcb359ec7164632c15969587a19d37.jpg

362934A9-7673-4482-9A4F-734F6027374B.thumb.jpg.01688e5df677c68f8f433efc9ec47215.jpg

14DF79CB-5F1F-432B-9EAF-CA32B652647E.thumb.jpg.10730898c214762c610663f04921369f.jpg

Hi guys,

Posting my one month update, a lot of hair has shed I think but not all, I have noticed the odd hairs in my hands when showering but I can’t say that I’ve seen hundreds or hairs.

Saying that my family have mentioned it now looks a lot thinner and as of a lot of the hair has now fell. I’ve taken photos under the harshest light I can find to show you guys, got the sides shaved down to a number 1 to tidy it up at the one month mark.

When I ran my fingers over the temples I still feel loads of hairs there and small spikes ones more in the front hairline, I’m guessing these probably will all shed over the next 2 weeks, will keep you updated on it. I don’t wear a hat and I have so many people ask me about my hair and so many people saying they want it done and where and why etc... it’s good to tell people about the experience.

You look right on track Jam, another 8 to 10 weeks and you will be out of the ugly duckling stage. looking forward to your next updates.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

You look right on track Jam, another 8 to 10 weeks and you will be out of the ugly duckling stage. looking forward to your next updates.

Thanks HG1

Hoping to get some solid growth like you and il be a happy chap indeed

Thanks for the posting! the surgery looks really good! I got mine the 26 March, I still have hair but not for so long I am afraid. :rolleyes:

Your head doesn?t look very red, are you applying something? THey recommended me aloe vera but I don?t if it is working..

Thanks for the posting! the surgery looks really good! I got mine the 26 March, I still have hair but not for so long I am afraid. :rolleyes:

Your head doesn?t look very red, are you applying something? THey recommended me aloe vera but I don?t if it is working..

Thanks mate, yeah make the most of the new babies lol. I don’t apply anything but my consultant Esen told me I must use a PH 5.5 shampoo so I use SebaMed every day shampoo 5.5ph. I think it helps keep your scalp at the desired ph level and helps heeling.

My head is slightly red in recipient area I reckon it will remain like this for a few months tbh, I also want to start using aloe Vera soon, a friend of mine also recommended hemp shampoo to try.

Hi mate, just wanted to ask you if the clinic suggested prp or was it your own request? They never gave me the option and apparently you have to request it to get it.. I asked why and they said it wasn't required in my case, not sure why since from what I have read it always has at least a positive effect, at worst no effect, so why not be safe and do it for everyone?

Hi mate, just wanted to ask you if the clinic suggested prp or was it your own request? They never gave me the option and apparently you have to request it to get it.. I asked why and they said it wasn't required in my case, not sure why since from what I have read it always has at least a positive effect, at worst no effect, so why not be safe and do it for everyone?

Hi Mate, yes I requested it.. well I asked about it and how they do it and Esen asked me if I would like it I said yes I do. They say the results of it on regrowth are minimal but it may help with recovery a bit. I don’t think they regard it very highly at the clinic. I agree with your thinking and mine was the same... even if it helped slightly with heeling then its till benefited me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Here’s my update at 2 months, pics with flash and no flash, still slightly red and I’d say around 90% hairs shed, I can see a few small spikes coming through now one side is stronger than the other but it was stronger before surgery also.

Just living my life as normal waiting for the growth

0F1B2545-7D87-4385-A154-55E104F6A86F.thumb.jpg.31fecc7b38106a6f7d1d11acdc369e9d.jpg

7079CAD0-FC59-4552-984A-83E5224A606A.thumb.jpg.e99f5f1d532957ce7b9d42c34fffcf16.jpg

C2D431AE-FF48-4074-A096-45FF2CAF5CFC.thumb.jpg.e4790fab9671d1630f2de1d0777e8589.jpg

0FF79311-9258-4B62-9236-B39525CC4F6D.thumb.jpg.b7d4eac6fd55853c35ba8ba84a40c157.jpg

7A509661-A3DD-4B3E-B5B5-7F8A7C99E6AD.thumb.jpg.5baaa7b3571d200467cfe0ba50f81b8f.jpg

CC72EFB1-CF30-421C-AA14-6AE14FA10F3E.thumb.jpg.6eb36ad6f9c5642a51e842841bc95bd1.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2018 at 9:20 AM, Payam said:

Any updates mate?

On 7/6/2018 at 9:20 AM, Payam said:

Any updates mate?

Hi mate 

yes sorry been very busy with holidays and work and couldn’t sign in to the website for a while, here’s my progress taken today basically 4 months post op. I’m very happy with it so far, let me know what you guys think. It’s still thin as only 4 months but hopefully density will come in the months ahead.

9B326E98-724D-4744-AB05-44E39DE57F5D.jpeg

872CAE54-8A09-42AB-A162-81EE43F5FDA5.jpeg

BA525C82-258C-4D89-91CE-E4FEF027A380.jpeg

• Administrators

Excellent growth for 4 months, the best months are around the corner. Please keep us updated with your progress.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.