Is there effect of propecia on the beard

Lyubo93

Most men will be happy if they have thick beard.My beard is very thick because of my high levels of testosterone.I have problems with the shaving, never succeed to shave my face smooth, but my job requires it.My question is propecia makes the beards even thicker?

Also is there effect on the body hair?

• 2 weeks later...

well, i dont know much on the subject but Propecia is a DHT inhibitor and i believe that would be bad for a beard. head hair doesnt like dht but facial hair does.

If you want to more dig in DHT, DHT stimulates beard growth, blocking DHT (with finasteride) would tend to inhibit its growth. In practice, this does not seem to be the case, i.e. we don’t find that Propecia has any effect on facial hair. The reason is not clear.

It is interesting to note that testosterone stimulates growth of axillary and pubic hair, but not scalp hair. Scalp hair growth is not androgen dependent, only scalp hair loss is.

DHT stimulates terminal hair growth of the beard, trunk and limbs, external ears and nostrils. Of course, it also is responsible for the bitemporal reshaping of hairline as one passes into adulthood and causes male patterned baldness (androgenetic alopecia).

Hope this helps