1748 FUE with Dr Feriduni

Schwelm

Hi guys, after spending the last few years following people's experiences and learning as much as I can about hair restoration, I'm very excited to be able to share with you my experience with Dr Feriduni after my FUE procedure.

A bit more about me, I started noticing my hair loss a when I was in university, after spending too much time in denial I finally accepted that I was loosing my hair and needed to do sonething about it. By the time I start looking into medications and transplants I was a NW3. I have been taking finasteride and minoxidle for almost 2 and a half years now and it genuinely seems to have helped slow down/ halt my hair loss.

Fastforward to my consultation I'll admit I was very nervous before going in, I didn't know what to expect and I kept worrying that once Dr Feriduni examined my hair he'd say my donor was weak or that I wasnt a good candidate. My worries were quickly put to rest. We had a good chat about my hair loss and what meds I was taking, I showed him some pictures of my male relatives and we discussed potential future loss. He then sat me down in front of a mirror and assessed different parts of my scalp. He confirmed my donor area was strong and that there was no signs of miniaturization in the crown or mid scalp which was very good. He worked out that I had around 8,000 grafts to use. He then drew what he thought was a good hairline, now maybe it's because I thought my hair loss was worse than it actually is but I was pleasantly surprised to see that he'd drawn a hairline that was better than I expected! I figured that maybe to achieve this hairline it would use up more graft than I was willing to use, however once again I was surprised to here that he felt confident that the hairline would be achieved using between 1600-1800 grafts. Overall Dr Feriduni seemed like a really decent down to earth guy and I left feeling very confident in choosing him and couldn't wait to actually have the procedure.

During the morning of the transplant I had another sit down with feriduni to confirm the hairline and for him to answer any last questions I might have had. The technicians then took me to shave the sides of my head, I chose to keep the hair on top unshaven so that it would be easier to hide the transplant once the sides grow back. Dr feriduni came in to inject the anaesthetic, this was probably the most painful part of the whole thing, I always thought I was good with needles but those things hurt! He then drew out the area that hairs were to be extracted from and the technicians started the extraction (fyi having hairs whole punched out of your head is hands down the weirdest feeling!)

Once the extraction was done Feriduni came in and started making the incisions for the new hairline, throughout making the incisions he kept me updated on how everything was going and at one point commented on how much he was liking the hairline already which put me at ease. Once be had finished making the incisions he confirmed that the total grafts would be 1748. He then left and the technicians had to take out some more grafts before they could start implanting. The implantation went fine but i was definetly starting to feel a bit drained. Dr Feriduni came in again as they were finishing to make sure everything was looking good. The whole process took around 5 hours which was quicker than expected. Dr Feriduni explained that the skin was really soft making the extraction process easy which helped the operation to proceed at a good pace.

Following on from the surgery I decided to stay in hasselt for a few days so that I was close to the clinic. As I'm writing this now it has been 2 days since my hair transplant and I've been to the clinic every morning to have my head washed and grafts checked over. Id definetly recommend doing this as the first few days are the most crucial so it's good to know that the clinic is close if anything goes wrong. If you want to take anything from reading this let it be that both Dr Feriduni and his team are very dedicated to looking after their patients, the aftercare I have received has been top notch!

I hope this has been helpful for anyone whose considering a hair transplant with Dr Feriduni I'll try to upload some photos and keep you updated!

Thanks for reading!

20180308_151912.thumb.jpg.b7c9ff5e3c82e702d217c08010c51ca0.jpg

20180308_152223.thumb.jpg.5eab7201edb4a11e9a304609cbb2783b.jpg

20180308_152407.thumb.jpg.bad255a15e198330892a1d5054eeffc8.jpg

20180308_152851.thumb.jpg.252423cfaa2271e2f4fe54fd58384222.jpg

20180308_152536.thumb.jpg.deb1a7dbdc753793aa4a300d026c1604.jpg

20180308_152609.thumb.jpg.6563d526a7c68760396ae978c062874f.jpg

20180308_102011_001.thumb.jpg.04aede2ed2e00831443f8bf068d336fc.jpg

Thank you. It's surprising how well the donor area has healed in just a few days. Dr Feriduni gave me all the photos on a USB this morning so I'll upload them later to give a better idea of how things looked right after and 3 days later.

Today marks day 10 and things have been healing nicely. Near enough all the scabbing has fallen off and surprisingly very few of the hairs have come out with them. Touch wood this is a good sign that maybe some of the hairs won't fall out and continue to grow, it's unlikely but a guy can hope! :D

20180316_205259.thumb.jpg.3f955c6af3bf9de1cbb46c3608502897.jpg

20180316_205322.thumb.jpg.669606c5b06e11ae1227f86b221f4196.jpg

20180316_124042.thumb.jpg.0eee40212def301b38546a4fe0113881.jpg

2 week update!

Yesterday marked 2 weeks since my operation and things are seem to be progressing as expected. The scabs are now completely gone and very few of the grafts came out with them.

I had been hoping that I was going to be one of the lucky few who wouldn't shed because I had noticed the hairs growing, however over the past couple days i've noticed slight thin areas in the recipient area from hairs shedding...so I'm not special after all :P

Overall though I'm happy with where things are at. Ill update again at the 1 month mark.

5b32fa5481c95_2weeksleft.jpg.462df148a9e79cdeb1b749ac5383ed92.jpg

5b32fa54abc9a_2weeksright.jpg.980ecbbc8b9b873845aadeb96ae1cb4a.jpg

5b32fa54bc4cc_2weeksdonor.jpg.61dfd0dbe40c4e9b4739d79a9a75867a.jpg

hi,*

please can you tell me.

1. what made you choose FUE over FUT

2. what made you choose this particular doctor

3. How much did you pay?*

4. where are you from?

5. how much they charge per hair or per graft?

hi,*

please can you tell me.

1. what made you choose FUE over FUT

2. what made you choose this particular doctor

3. How much did you pay?*

4. where are you from?

5. how much they charge per hair or per graft?

I chose to go with FUE as I'm still young and wanted the option of being able to keep my hair short in the back if I wanted. I also think FUT is better suited to larger amount of grafts being moved and I didnt have a large area to address so FUE was an easy decision for me.

As for choosing Dr Feriduni, i've been following his work for a couple of years and i've always admired how natural his hairlines look and hes known for being a very ethical surgeon. I had consultations with the Fargio clinic in Manchester and Dr Bisanga both of which seemed great but i just had a gut instinct that i wanted to go with Feriduni.

• 4 weeks later...

Its now been a 1.5 months since my operation, boy does time fly!

The last time I posted I was just starting to notice that the transplanted hairs were falling out, now i'd say 90% of the hairs have gone, the remaining few have continued to grow slowly and the redness is still very apparent. I can see why people call this the 'ugly duckling phase'.

I've read posts of other people getting quite depressed at this stage as they often feel like they look worse now than they did before having had the hair transplant, fortunately for me that hasn't been the case as i've managed to style my hair in a way that covers the transplant. I'm definitely glad that i didn't have my whole head shaved!

Even when I went back to work no one noticed that I'd had a transplant. I even got a couple of compliment on my 'punk rocker' hairstyle haha! :D

5b32fb1774cce_backtowork3.jpg.222843e5f6aef95a0bf94d44b9ce54df.jpg

5b32fb178523f_backtowork1.jpg.92b33a638d45b1addfd821c41e4fce93.jpg

5b32fb17ace90_backtowork4.jpg.5925c51455a0943249433b8d895bcf6b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Another month gone and another month where I'm late updating this post! It's been 2.5 months since my hair transplant...boy thats gone fast! And well things are actually starting to happenl. I'm noticing new hairs sprouting where it use to be bold :) :) :)

It's still early days of course and everything's still red and sparse but this is the first time where I'm looking in the mirror and seeing things happen which feels fantastic! Fingers crossed it's all uphill from here!

There seems to be more going on in terms of growth on the right temple which I'm guessing is down to it being a bigger area but I'm happy either way because that's the side where my baldness has caused me to be the most self concious.

The only things that's slightly bothering me is the redness, I knew it would take a while but was kind of hoping it would a lot more faded by now...any suggestions??

20180519_225040.thumb.jpg.6069a74d04cb5a48c20da0f73f5c3bf5.jpg

20180519_225009.thumb.jpg.20991382bf4b8ac018f8b8afe7ffbceb.jpg

Looking good best of luck

How long did you have to wait after making an appointment to getting it done ?

Can't seem to find his pricing anywhere can you post his cost per graph?

Looking good best of luck

How long did you have to wait after making an appointment to getting it done ?

Can't seem to find his pricing anywhere can you post his cost per graph?

Markee I booked my transplant back in August for the beginning of March and because I had commited to getting the transplant with feriduni I had priority booking for the consultation which they arranged for January. If your just wanting a consultataion the waiting list was between 10-12 months when I checked.

He also does online consultations which involves sending some photos and a brief description about your hair loss, it also includes his pricing, might be worth having a look.

Sorry, this could be a very dumb question but what's the point in choosing one of the best doctors if he is only in the beginning and at the end of the surgery session. I am considering this doctor among some others but if anyone can provide a reasonable answer to my question I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Oh boy, one year waiting list, so long, I'd love to have it done this year. Can you tell us price per graft? That was a very cool haircut in between.

Edited by BigBen
Last paragraph

1. The planning and the incisions are the most important and are done by the clinic

2. You also pay for the staff, which is in case of Feriduni very experienced

But I agree: If you have only very minor loss go to a clinic with a "do it yourself Approach" by the doc

If redness persists beyond a "normal" time period, V-Beam laser will remove the redness without damaging hair grafts. The biggest downside to the V-Beam laser is that you have to shave down your hair so the laser can penetrate the skin, and it might take more than one treatment.

But I can say V-Beam definitely works having had 2 treatments after several years of persistent redness.

But at only 2.5 months I wouldn't recommend it for you at this point.

I can also say that should the skin texture remain bumpy after your surgery, several micro-needling treatments into the hairline also improved my skin texture significantly.

But again, it's still early for you.

Your hair has a very nice color and soft, flowing texture.

Many photos on this site are of darker, coarser hair or older men's hair with grey, wiry hairs. So please keep us updated with photos so we can see the final outcome!

1. The planning and the incisions are the most important and are done by the clinic

2. You also pay for the staff, which is in case of Feriduni very experienced

But I agree: If you have only very minor loss go to a clinic with a "do it yourself Approach" by the doc

I'm not sure how many would I need because in my case it's diffuse plus the hairline, that's also why I couldn't let some hair uncut like you did. I did an online consultation with Feriduni but will naturally ask more doctors. Can you tell me how much did you pay for how many grafts?

I think that your results will be awesome so keep us posted. :)

This is the start of it. I think in another three months or so, it will be filling in well. Are you on fin?

I sure do hope so! :D Yes I've been taking a combination of fin and minoxidle for the past 2 and a half years.

• 3 weeks later...

3 months today! Finally an update that's actually on time :D

In the last month I can really see a change in the recipient area, I'm spotting more hairs every day and as the hairs are getting longer I can see the beginnings of my new hairline. The right hand side is still much thicker looking than the left but I'm still seeing improvements on both sides which is my main goal at this point.

It's funny, up until now I've been very good at ignoring the fact I've had a hair transplant, but now that I'm seeing results I can't help but stop at every mirror and have a look for new hairs haha! :D

Redness is still lingering but not as bad as it was a month ago, its not particularly bothering me at this point but its definetly worth noting for anyone looking to get a hair transplant, youre recipient area is going to be red for quite some time!

20180606_073432.thumb.jpg.62f5ad282f68c40fe89a11d239398bc1.jpg

20180606_073605.thumb.jpg.e6761a349f3680f975cfd409b7b24705.jpg