~2000 FUT (hairline) with Dr. Rahal - Very very happy

Hey all, meant to post this a while ago but life got in the way. Long story short I truly had a wonderful experience with Dr. Rahal. I decided on Dr. Rahal after reading great reviews online, and was lucky to find that he was less than a 2 hour drive from me.

I did an initial in-person consult that went very well. The staff and Rahal himself all showed that they cared about my goals (fix my receded hairline) and answered all the questions I had. I had one concern about my age but given that this is a hairline I've had for many years - no changes since I was a teen - and none of my family has any hair loss, I decided I would go ahead with the procedure.

I planned on an FUE with Rahal in February 2017. Unfortunately, a complication with my scalp (hair depth and required punch size) required Rahal to transition from FUE to FUT on the day of the operation. They gave me the day to consider whether I wanted to go forward with it which I greatly appreciated.

While initially disappointed that this change was required (at the time I would have preferred FUE over FUT), now that a year has passed I am thrilled with the results.

The day of the FUT procedure went very smoothly, and the entire team ensured that I was comfortable throughout the day. I truly don't have much to say about it because it was uneventful.

The day starts early, but I was given plenty of breaks to eat and use the washroom, and being able to binge watch The Office on Netflix (they have TVs in the operating rooms) made it all the more enjoyable.

After the procedure I experienced mild shock loss in the donor and recipient areas. At the time I was freaking out! This resolved itself over the next few months and I now have no shock loss at all. However, because of this change in plans from FUE to FUT, and because I had not stretched my scalp prior to the procedure and already had a very tight scalp, I experienced a slightly stretched donor scar. While not the end of the world and no one I interact with has noticed anything, Dr. Rahal was incredibly understanding of my frustration with it.

I have a scar revision coming up at the end of April when I will post pictures and my experience of that. In the meantime I will update this post with pictures I've taken over the past year.

In summary, my results are fantastic. Getting 2000 grafts on the hairline has made me have a natural looking and age appropriate hairline. I cannot recommend Rahal enough.

First picture is me 1 summer before my HT. Second picture is from last night.

Third, fourth, and fifth are pre-op, followed by post-op, then at the 11 month mark.

5b32fa022e22a_SummerBeforeHT.thumb.jpg.28e93cb3628a3d5f2b1fad5cd992961b.jpg

5b32fa024c48c_March2018.jpg.282883aa13ea136d225580a6825c5952.jpg

Pre-Op.thumb.jpg.e6da566e61d87642dbe931589c42106e.jpg

5b32fa027b7b3_Pre-Op2.thumb.jpg.f4f6ff09c3b3cc82ed5938339e421aa0.jpg

5b32fa029f5a3_Pre-Op3.thumb.jpg.e71c697137b83eae6680d113b1553f7a.jpg

Post-Op.thumb.jpg.da65977c2629e4a0cb2a521936369ed3.jpg

5b32fa02c6fb2_11Month1.thumb.jpg.ad5b04cc0cf46da1b4dbc866ac616008.jpg

5b32fa0320ee7_11Month2.thumb.jpg.26aa8d5ca0d7b1295341b257691c6cf9.jpg

I'm really glad you are happy with the results. I don't think I've ever read on this website where someone went in for FUE and then had to switch to FUT because of "hair depth" the day of surgery. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. That said....I'm glad you're happy with the results.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you for sharing your experience HTGuy1313. Amazing result.

@JohnCasper. there are small percentage (less than 5%) of patients who are not candidates for FUE. It could be due few reasons such as:

-hair follicle fragility risking too much damage when extracting

-too much tethering and long follicles. so you have to go deeper with the punch and possible create traction damage to a fragile follicles.

-too much splaying of the follicles, so you will end up transecting one of the follicles (unless you use a larger punch (not ideal)

-very mushy type of tissue

the above are just few reasons off the top of my head, that can make a patient not a candidate for FUE, and then the choice is to either do strip or do nothing. Any ethical Physician would not want to continue with fue extraction if you are not getting viable grafts.

we continue to do FUT for patients not wanting to do fue or are not candidates.

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Very nice. Very natural. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It might seem like a surprise that someone's choice of surgery method might have to change on the day, but those factors (described above) are impossible to know before the first extractions have been done. Better to stop, assess the situation and inform the patient than jeopardise their result moving forward when they aren't a candidate.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 3 weeks later...
Hey all, meant to post this a while ago but life got in the way. Long story short I truly had a wonderful experience with Dr. Rahal. I decided on Dr. Rahal after reading great reviews online, and was lucky to find that he was less than a 2 hour drive from me.

I did an initial in-person consult that went very well. The staff and Rahal himself all showed that they cared about my goals (fix my receded hairline) and answered all the questions I had. I had one concern about my age but given that this is a hairline I've had for many years - no changes since I was a teen - and none of my family has any hair loss, I decided I would go ahead with the procedure.

I planned on an FUE with Rahal in February 2017. Unfortunately, a complication with my scalp (hair depth and required punch size) required Rahal to transition from FUE to FUT on the day of the operation. They gave me the day to consider whether I wanted to go forward with it which I greatly appreciated.

While initially disappointed that this change was required (at the time I would have preferred FUE over FUT), now that a year has passed I am thrilled with the results.

The day of the FUT procedure went very smoothly, and the entire team ensured that I was comfortable throughout the day. I truly don't have much to say about it because it was uneventful.

The day starts early, but I was given plenty of breaks to eat and use the washroom, and being able to binge watch The Office on Netflix (they have TVs in the operating rooms) made it all the more enjoyable.

After the procedure I experienced mild shock loss in the donor and recipient areas. At the time I was freaking out! This resolved itself over the next few months and I now have no shock loss at all. However, because of this change in plans from FUE to FUT, and because I had not stretched my scalp prior to the procedure and already had a very tight scalp, I experienced a slightly stretched donor scar. While not the end of the world and no one I interact with has noticed anything, Dr. Rahal was incredibly understanding of my frustration with it.

I have a scar revision coming up at the end of April when I will post pictures and my experience of that. In the meantime I will update this post with pictures I've taken over the past year.

In summary, my results are fantastic. Getting 2000 grafts on the hairline has made me have a natural looking and age appropriate hairline. I cannot recommend Rahal enough.

Third, fourth, and fifth are pre-op, followed by post-op, then at the 11 month mark.

Hey I was wondering if you wouldn't mind direct messaging me, for some reason my direct messaging on this site is not working.

Email is nhlpro11@hotmail.com (throwaway). I am really considering getting a hair transplant with rahal and was wondering if you could provide me with more info on it. Also i am from the Toronto area so I guess you could say we're close! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I was wondering if you wouldn't mind direct messaging me, for some reason my direct messaging on this site is not working.

Email is nhlpro11@hotmail.com (throwaway). I am really considering getting a hair transplant with rahal and was wondering if you could provide me with more info on it. Also i am from the Toronto area so I guess you could say we're close! Thanks!

Hey! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I unfortunately did not get any notifications on this post. I will send you an email this week. I'd be happy to let you know about my experience. We are the lucky ones, being so close to him!

Thanks for the kinds word everyone. Definitely a bit unusual that my procedure had to change, but I really appreciated that the Rahal team informed me of the situation and gave me the time I needed to make my decision. I was always bouncing between FUT and FUE, and having to transition to FUT wasn't a huge issue for me.

Really really happy with my outcome. I remember about 10 months post-op I walked by a mirror in the mall and was blown away wit what I saw. That sort of thing makes it worth it :)

Here's two more pictures to give you all another look at my current status. Loving it :)

IMG_20180226_201816.thumb.jpg.ba071fade6a644bbca3efff023a94202.jpg

2.png.63657842482784b5e3ee56cc91f26a02.png

Looking good! It's those little moments when you randomly catch sight of your hair that make it worth it. It serves as a reminder that you made the right decision. That's how I feel.

Hey! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I unfortunately did not get any notifications on this post. I will send you an email this week. I'd be happy to let you know about my experience. We are the lucky ones, being so close to him!

Thanks for the kinds word everyone. Definitely a bit unusual that my procedure had to change, but I really appreciated that the Rahal team informed me of the situation and gave me the time I needed to make my decision. I was always bouncing between FUT and FUE, and having to transition to FUT wasn't a huge issue for me.

Really really happy with my outcome. I remember about 10 months post-op I walked by a mirror in the mall and was blown away wit what I saw. That sort of thing makes it worth it :)

Here's two more pictures to give you all another look at my current status. Loving it :)

Hey man! I really appreciate the reply and am looking forward to hearing more about it.

I am very much considering rahal but have also seen amazing results by jaun coutu in spain by fue expert clinic not sure if you have seen his work but it is fantastic. So basically those are my top two. I also like Dr. Diep’s social media presence and his work on large cases seems to be second to none so really i’m looking for all the info i can.

Your result is so good it’s inspiring so thank you. Also, your long hair in your “after” photos by the clinic looks really good. Is there any reason you aren’t keeping it like that?

Again yeah message me at nhlpro11@hotmail.com

What a result!! Rahal is the best at delivering fantastic hairlines - obviously am biased :P given I had a procedure with him also

I like your username

Will try to get some posted tonight!

Hey unfortunately my direct messaging on this sight is not working. Do you think u could send me another email? I could just forward u my last one idk why direct messaging isnt working. Or my reddit is nhlpro11 if u wanna message me there it might be easier

hey i legit have no idea wth is going on with my direct messaging but it is saying I don't have access to that page or something.

Would you mind emailing me again at nhlpro11@hotmail.com ? Thanks!

I think you need to reach a certain number of posts before you can use the PM system. It's to stop people signing up to send spam.

lol what are you serious? how many would that be?

I really just want to talk to this guy and others who have has a good frontal transplant with rahal

lol what are you serious? how many would that be?

I really just want to talk to this guy and others who have has a good frontal transplant with rahal

I was just speculating. It's something I've heard of. Hopefully it's 10 posts and you're nearly there.

hey bro would you mind getting in contact with me somehow? I cannot send direct messages on this forum i have no clue why.

email is nhlpro11@hotmail.com

reddit is nhlpro11

i would really appreciate it! I'm in a similar situation to u

Just noticed I've been posting on a different account in my replies. My apologies everyone. I forgot I had 2 accounts here. To clarify, the OP is me. Mods can confirm with me if need be.

I will be using this account to post going forward.

I've attached some pictures I took of my hair today. A bit damp but think it's looking great.

I've also attached some pictures of the scar I will be getting revised next week. The pictures look worse than it does in person.

1.thumb.jpg.d2eeb74cd8334750607d77e457804355.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.ca4ae1b998e1bd00157c87e92b6a3c8a.jpg

3.jpg.badb969a65350d53b37fc9f14b8b52bf.jpg

4.png.923ce7102752d96392937f5a503a5566.png

5.png.53b43f95aca136c5cf3d0fd8abbf6741.png

S1.thumb.jpg.74a22f9f240b979234e69c09caacc77b.jpg

S2.thumb.jpg.05fe91b77791ae425df65dc3614c3ca8.jpg

S3.thumb.jpg.08469b2c473a46fc43f51bd2f42eaa58.jpg

S4.thumb.jpg.a5e5387505637debfd8a33f1601e59fa.jpg

Now that is some shockloss!

You had talk with Dr.Rahal about this ? What did he say?

About a month after my procedure I had very bad shock loss. It improved a lot over the next few months and it was left with what you see in those pictures.

Dr. Rahal was understanding of my frustration with the scar, and believed that my scar stretched due to my lack of doing scalp exercises prior to the procedure. I also felt some tightness for a few months and wonder if I did not do enough to ensure it did not stretch.

I will post pictures after my scar revision operation this week.

• 6 months later...