‘Propecia Castrated Me,’ Says New York State Man

Mark2010

You may be fine now but try stopping the drug for a few weeks.

I had no sexual side effects until after I came off Finasteride.

Then my hormones crashed and my Libido was wipped out over night.

I've been on fin 10 years with no sides and have stopped for a few weeks on two occasions - neither time did I experience any change in my body.

My brother also took the drug for two years with no sides then stopped taking permanently with no issues at all.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So u guys are really telling us that the main reason u hate finasteride is because u have sleep issues while taking a medication that it’s main benefits is keeping ur hair from miniaturizing so u can keep ur hair longer n stronger . N it’s worse side effect is lowering ur hormones to an adequate level so the dht doesn’t attach to ur hair n suffocate it’s blood supply.. lowering ur hormones does affect ur libido , n if u hormones / testostorone was already below average yeah then ur boner won’t be so hard ..

.. but u2 ain’t even experiencing that while on the medication . Your biggest complaint is cuz U can’t sleep well ? What’s going on with ur life ? U not happy ? U balding a bit ? Social life n work life ain’t great ? Or other health issues ? Maybe that has more to do with why u can’t sleep well .. take a NyQuil to resolve ur sleeping issues .. but if u want to be less depressed about ur hair loss , take propecia n hopefully it can help ur hair from thinning.. I know I don’t sleep that well .. it’s cuz I stress alot n pee a lot.. so can’t sleep well.. So I work out to tire out my body or read a book or listen to podcasts on my phone to help me sleep .. but as long as I can still get my penis hard n maintain my hair .. I’m taking finasteride .. .. it’s the only fda approved drug on the market that keeps ur hair from falling out so easily.. it seems to be working for me after 6 Months.. hair not falling out on my pillow or when I shake my head, thank god .. hopefully my hair will get thicker in the next few months .. I know I’m thankful right now .. I was so depresssed the last two years watching my hair fall n not Being educated enough N not doing enough to keep it from falling ..

But yeah .. finasteride won’t help what I already lost cuz of hormones n older age .. so imma spend $16,000 for 2000k grafts to my hairline at 38 years of age. Because I didn’t start on meds sooner .. so hopefully the hair transplant will restore what I lost .. n finasteride n a few natural supplements n quitting smoking will help me maintain what hair I have left .. I’m a Norwood 2.5 currently .. n it’s gonna get worse since hair loss is progressive .. so gotta be proactive about ur hair loss before it gets out of hand .. best wishes to everyone .. be educated about ur hair loss as soon as possible ..

So u guys are really telling us that the main reason u hate finasteride is because u have sleep issues while taking a medication that it’s main benefits is keeping ur hair from miniaturizing so u can keep ur hair longer n stronger . N it’s worse side effect is lowering ur hormones to an adequate level so the dht doesn’t attach to ur hair n suffocate it’s blood supply.. lowering ur hormones does affect ur libido , n if u hormones / testostorone was already below average yeah then ur boner won’t be so hard ..

.. but u2 ain’t even experiencing that while on the medication . Your biggest complaint is cuz U can’t sleep well ? What’s going on with ur life ? U not happy ? U balding a bit ? Social life n work life ain’t great ? Or other health issues ? Maybe that has more to do with why u can’t sleep well .. take a NyQuil to resolve ur sleeping issues .. but if u want to be less depressed about ur hair loss , take propecia n hopefully it can help ur hair from thinning.. I know I don’t sleep that well .. it’s cuz I stress alot n pee a lot.. so can’t sleep well.. So I work out to tire out my body or read a book or listen to podcasts on my phone to help me sleep .. but as long as I can still get my penis hard n maintain my hair .. I’m taking finasteride .. .. it’s the only fda approved drug on the market that keeps ur hair from falling out so easily.. it seems to be working for me after 6 Months.. hair not falling out on my pillow or when I shake my head, thank god .. hopefully my hair will get thicker in the next few months .. I know I’m thankful right now .. I was so depresssed the last two years watching my hair fall n not Being educated enough N not doing enough to keep it from falling ..

whatever floats your boat brother... good luck

I’m just giving my honest opinion n experience .. I’m new to hair loss .. I was a Norwood 1 two years ago at 36 .. never thought I would have a hair loss issue.. never visited any hair loss forums .. but when u look at ur hair n touch it .. n u notice it doesn’t feel as thick n strong . N my black Asian hair looks lighter in color .. it’s time to do something about it.. do what’s best for u .. hopefully one day there be better solutions for hair loss .. until then , do what u know scientifically works n is fda approved . Is ur best chance to combat what u dealing with .. . If the side effects is minor Don’t worry about it .. it just makes it worse n not be beneficial . What ur mind believes can have a significant impact on what works for u ..

This Mark2010 guy always comes up with these horror stories about propecia .

its not new for him he is a total retard , just check how many posts he has regarding Propecia since so many years , I think he has No creative work left in life .

I remember earlier some 8 months back "Spanker" had told me to ignore his posts as this Mark2010 guy was trying to push that propecia was the cause behind Depression with No valid scientific study .

I think he has some phobia .

Every type drug and every type of surgery has a percentage of poor outcomes. Of course the people that have the poor outcomes are usually the loudest critics. It's human nature to think that "if I had a bad result, then it must be bad for everyone".

It is sad that certain patients have poor outcomes, but heck we wouldn't have prescription drugs or surgeries if we outlawed everything that sometimes results in a bad outcome. We have all heard the drug commercials on TV that state towards the end of the commercial the long list of the possible horrible side-effects of that particular drug.

I have stopped/started and taken finasteride for many years and never experienced any serious long lasting side effects.

About the only thing I agree with Mark2010 on is that all patients that consider taking finasteride be fully informed that finasteride like all drugs can help a lot of patients, but also can produce side effects in certain patients and in a relatively small group of people taking finasteride there can possible serious long term side effects.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Mark2010 said that Propecia causes Depression without giving any Valid scientific study .

now what this does is that Many guys who read such posts , get pissed off and Never Try / quit Propecia as they do not want Depression .

And so they eventually loose their Battle against Hair loss due to this .

Mark2010 said that Propecia causes Depression without giving any Valid scientific study. now what this does is that Many guys who read such posts , get pissed off and Never Try / quit Propecia as they do not want Depression. And so they eventually loose their Battle against Hair loss due to this .

Yes exactly. I can't remember if it was Mark2010 or someone else that earlier stated taking Propecia causes depression....but on the other hand NOT taking Propecia can also cause depression when a guy goes bald quicker and more completely bald because he wasn't taking Propecia. The depression can work both ways!

Yes exactly. I can't remember if it was Mark2010 or someone else that earlier stated taking Propecia causes depression....but on the other hand NOT taking Propecia can also cause depression when a guy goes bald quicker and more completely bald because he wasn't taking Propecia. The depression can work both ways!

NOT taking Propecia can also cause depression

100%

In a month as a 23 year old I will have had 5500 FUE grafts and spent over $23000 on hairloss medication and transplants. Pre-transplant #1 I went from a 7 in looks to a 4 because of hairloss and in the space of 12 months had a normal dating and sex life, to no longer feeling like leaving the house, women had no interest in me and were repulsed by basic flirting. Even my friends had no respect for me after hairloss. I had various instances where people would say I looked like like I was in my 30s and was once asked if I was my fathers brother, HE'S 30 YEARS OLDER THAN ME. What kind of life to live is that Mark? I know for a fact it is hairloss because once again women are constantly interested, and if asking a girls age I'll ask them to guess mine after now and they say 22-24.

If I hadn't listened to the moronic, lying scum like Mark here and got on finasteride as soon as the problem arose (and I had pills 18 months before I took them because of the fearmongering) I never would have had to deal with hairloss or transplants. Anyone dealing with hairloss, especially young guys should try finasteride. Half the placebo in all of the major fin studies got sides, and its worth noting that the amount in the general population with sexual dysfunction and chronic fatigue are similar numbers aligning with the supposed fin sides group. I'm sure finasteride sides and PFS are real for some but its a non-issue for 98% of users. However for many young people who AREN'T on finasteride baldness can destroy their lives and most certainly their youth.

People like Mark are the ones that should be sued, I listened to these assholes and they cost me over $23000 and destroyed my life for the year or so pre-transplant where I wasn't on finasteride. You deserve to get hit by a bus Mark, you narcissistic prick. We need a class action against the fear mongering PFS brigade for all the people they made suffer by convincing them not to try finasteride.

Edited by JeanLDD

I was too nice to say the things jean said. But a lot of things he said was on point ..

I have a health condition that affects my life forever since 20 .. but my hair was never an issue .. I had to take medication at 30 , it was sort of a blood thinner kinda drug .. n one of the rare side effects was losing hair .. since my hair was so thick n full with no known history of baldness in my family .. I was willing to take the drug .. 2 years later I had to quit , cuz my hair was getting thinner. N getting noticeable , . I tried propecia for 4 months n didn’t use it long enough to see its benefits .. and with all the hate mongering N lack of knowledge of hairloss I quit finasteride ., because of people like u ..

3 years later at 38 . N more educated n desperate I know better .. take finasteride if u don’t want ur hair to thin out n disappear .. ur minor side effects of insomnia , depression. Heart beating fast n so forth, Man boobs or whatever .. .. it’s very minor compared to losing ur hair.. u just getting older n have other issues that’s also causing those side effects .. don’t be so damn adamant that propecia is the root cause .. deal with it .. or deal with being bald sooner than than u should ..

NOT taking Propecia can also cause depression

100%

In a month as a 23 year old I will have had 5500 FUE grafts and spent over $23000 on hairloss medication and transplants. Pre-transplant #1 I went from a 7 in looks to a 4 because of hairloss and in the space of 12 months had a normal dating and sex life, to no longer feeling like leaving the house, women had no interest in me and were repulsed by basic flirting. Even my friends had no respect for me after hairloss. I had various instances where people would say I looked like like I was in my 30s and was once asked if I was my fathers brother, HE'S 30 YEARS OLDER THAN ME. What kind of life to live is that Mark? I know for a fact it is hairloss because once again women are constantly interested, and if asking a girls age I'll ask them to guess mine after now and they say 22-24.

If I hadn't listened to the moronic, lying scum like Mark here and got on finasteride as soon as the problem arose (and I had pills 18 months before I took them because of the fearmongering) I never would have had to deal with hairloss or transplants. Anyone dealing with hairloss, especially young guys should try finasteride. Half the placebo in all of the major fin studies got sides, and its worth noting that the amount in the general population with sexual dysfunction and chronic fatigue are similar numbers aligning with the supposed fin sides group. I'm sure finasteride sides and PFS are real for some but its a non-issue for 98% of users. However for many young people who AREN'T on finasteride baldness can destroy their lives and most certainly their youth.

People like Mark are the ones that should be sued, I listened to these assholes and they cost me over $23000 and destroyed my life for the year or so pre-transplant where I wasn't on finasteride. You deserve to get hit by a bus Mark, you narcissistic prick. We need a class action against the fear mongering PFS brigade for all the people they made suffer by convincing them not to try finasteride.

So I'm "scum" because I'm trying to warn people not take finasteride ? after the drug destroyed my life.

BTW you can "sue" me all you want I have no money. I haven't been able to work for the past 5 years because of the damage finasteride did to me.

| Medical Advice For You

Post-Finasteride Syndrome

Mark2010 said that Propecia causes Depression without giving any Valid scientific study .

now what this does is that Many guys who read such posts , get pissed off and Never Try / quit Propecia as they do not want Depression .

And so they eventually loose their Battle against Hair loss due to this .

Merck themselves list "Depression" as a side effect.

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/gqywem/the-medical-mystery-behind-americas-best-selling-hair-loss-drug

So I'm "scum" because I'm trying to warn people not take finasteride ? after the drug destroyed my life.

BTW you can "sue" me all you want I have no money. I haven't been able to work for the past 5 years because of the damage finasteride did to me.

| Medical Advice For You

Post-Finasteride Syndrome

You're scum because you have an issue which effects one out of thousands in regards to long term side effects and tell the 98% who would tolerate it without any even short term side effects that it is poison and they shouldn't try it. The chance of getting PFS is similar to being in a car crash. You are a total narcissistic to think your individual problems and situation should be militantly applied to everyone else, and at the end of the day finasteride for the vast majority like myself is a wonderdrug and has helped millions of people inhibit hairloss in the medium term, hairloss being an incredibly depressing and life destroying issue for many, and negatively impacting every single person who suffers it.

You want to sue Merck over finasteride and think its poison? Think of all the millions of people helped by the drug, because at the moment there is absolutely no alternative for halting hairloss. The issue is bigger than deranged PFS sufferers, you need to grow up. The fact is a lot of the symptoms of PFS could easily be other medical issues as well, chronic fatigue and erectile dysfunction numbers in the general population aren't that different than the percentages who have taken finasteride. The placebo group ALWAYS has a comparably signifcant amount of issues with "side effects" as the finasteride group in the major fin studies, which is another reason to be all the more sceptical.

"I haven't been able to work for the past 5 years because of the damage finasteride did to me."

If you can type on a computer, post evidently coherent and systematic finasteride critiques and research you've found, you can most certainly get some sort of a job you pathetic, lazy degenerate. Same with many others in the deranged anti-fin brigade, this constant reference to not being able to think straight or work anymore but doing so with absolute clarity and consistency when it comes to your purpose of attacking finasteride. Completely absurd.

Mark is just telling you something that many thousands of us, and their relatives (i.e. parents of teens who took it and ended up committing suicie) already know: finasteride, among other similarly acting drugs, can cause life altering permanent side effects, not just mental but also physical, in a subset of people.

An approved drug, for a cosmetic reason, should not be life shattering and a total body wide destruction for some people. many other drugs were taken out of the market or never approved for far less than what this drug causes.

Legal action has been taken with 742 Propecia (finasteride) lawsuits filed against the manufacturer Merck as well...

If you dont believe me just look it up:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24928450/

Responses from 131 generally healthy men (mean age, 24 years) who had taken finasteride for male pattern hair loss was included in the analysis. The most notable finding was that adverse effects persisted in each of the domains, indicating the possible presence of a "post-finasteride syndrome."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26763726/

the most frequent sexual symptoms referred were loss of penis sensitivity (87.3%), decreased ejaculatory force (82.3%), and low penile temperature (78.5%). The most frequent non-sexual symptoms were reduced feeling of life pleasure or emotions (anhedonia) (75.9%); lack of mental concentration (72.2%), and loss of muscle tone/mass (51.9%). We contributed to inform about symptoms of PFS patients; unexpectedly loss of penis sensitivity was more frequent than severe erectile dysfunction and loss of muscle tone/mass was affecting half of the subjects. Further studies are necessary to investigate the pathophysiological and biochemical pathways leading to the post-finasteride syndrome.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28024997

This study showed that short and/or long (CAG)n and (GGN)n repeats had different frequencies according to symptoms reported by patients with PFS, likely reflecting the vast array of genes modulated by the AR. This study showed a U-curvilinear profile of (CAG)n repeats for skin dryness symptoms, where the two extremes exhibited a worse condition than medium repeats. Further studies are necessary to investigate the PFS pathophysiology using a precision medicine approach.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26296373

Future studies should investigate the biochemical and physiological mechanisms that underlie the persistence of the adverse sexual side effects to determine why a subset of patients is afflicted with such persistence or irreversible adverse effects. Also a better focus of clinical research is urgently needed to better define those subjects who are likely to be adversely affected by such agents. Furthermore, research on the non-sexual adverse effects such as diabetes, psychosis, depression, and cognitive function are needed to better understand the broad spectrum of the effects these drugs may elicit during their use in treatment of AGA or BPH

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21176115

Prolonged adverse effects on sexual function such as erectile dysfunction and diminished libido are reported by a subset of men, raising the possibility of a causal relationship.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28453908

In conclusion, present data show that the use of 5ARI significantly increases the risk of erectile dysfunction and hypoactive sexual desire in subjects with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Patients should be adequately informed before 5ARIs are prescribed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24955220

5α-Rs isoforms (types 1-3) are widely distributed in many tissues including the central nervous system and inhibition of these enzymes results in blockade of synthesis of several key hormones and neuro-active steroids leading to a host of adverse effects, including loss of or reduced libido, erectile dysfunction, orgasmic dysfunction, increased high Gleason grade prostate cancer, observed heart failure and cardiovascular events in clinical trials, and depression. Considerable evidence exists from preclinical and clinical studies, which point to significant and serious adverse effects of 5α-RIs, finasteride and dutasteride, on sexual health, vascular health, psychological health and the overall quality of life. Physicians need to be aware of such potential adverse effects and communicate such information to their patients prior to commencing 5α-RIs therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29224108

We also believe that physicians prescribing 5α-reductase inhibitors (i.e., finasteride or dutasteride) for relief of BPH symptoms or treatment of hair loss should engage their patients in a productive discussion regarding the potential adverse side effects of these medications on their overall health and quality of life.

Mark is just telling you something that many thousands of us, and their relatives (i.e. parents of teens who took it and ended up committing suicie) already know: finasteride, among other similarly acting drugs, can cause life altering permanent side effects, not just mental but also physical, in a subset of people.

An approved drug, for a cosmetic reason, should not be life shattering and a total body wide destruction for some people. many other drugs were taken out of the market or never approved for far less than what this drug causes.

Legal action has been taken with 742 Propecia (finasteride) lawsuits filed against the manufacturer Merck as well...

If you dont believe me just look it up:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24928450/

Responses from 131 generally healthy men (mean age, 24 years) who had taken finasteride for male pattern hair loss was included in the analysis. The most notable finding was that adverse effects persisted in each of the domains, indicating the possible presence of a "post-finasteride syndrome."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26763726/

the most frequent sexual symptoms referred were loss of penis sensitivity (87.3%), decreased ejaculatory force (82.3%), and low penile temperature (78.5%). The most frequent non-sexual symptoms were reduced feeling of life pleasure or emotions (anhedonia) (75.9%); lack of mental concentration (72.2%), and loss of muscle tone/mass (51.9%). We contributed to inform about symptoms of PFS patients; unexpectedly loss of penis sensitivity was more frequent than severe erectile dysfunction and loss of muscle tone/mass was affecting half of the subjects. Further studies are necessary to investigate the pathophysiological and biochemical pathways leading to the post-finasteride syndrome.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28024997

This study showed that short and/or long (CAG)n and (GGN)n repeats had different frequencies according to symptoms reported by patients with PFS, likely reflecting the vast array of genes modulated by the AR. This study showed a U-curvilinear profile of (CAG)n repeats for skin dryness symptoms, where the two extremes exhibited a worse condition than medium repeats. Further studies are necessary to investigate the PFS pathophysiology using a precision medicine approach.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26296373

Future studies should investigate the biochemical and physiological mechanisms that underlie the persistence of the adverse sexual side effects to determine why a subset of patients is afflicted with such persistence or irreversible adverse effects. Also a better focus of clinical research is urgently needed to better define those subjects who are likely to be adversely affected by such agents. Furthermore, research on the non-sexual adverse effects such as diabetes, psychosis, depression, and cognitive function are needed to better understand the broad spectrum of the effects these drugs may elicit during their use in treatment of AGA or BPH

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21176115

Prolonged adverse effects on sexual function such as erectile dysfunction and diminished libido are reported by a subset of men, raising the possibility of a causal relationship.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28453908

In conclusion, present data show that the use of 5ARI significantly increases the risk of erectile dysfunction and hypoactive sexual desire in subjects with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Patients should be adequately informed before 5ARIs are prescribed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24955220

5α-Rs isoforms (types 1-3) are widely distributed in many tissues including the central nervous system and inhibition of these enzymes results in blockade of synthesis of several key hormones and neuro-active steroids leading to a host of adverse effects, including loss of or reduced libido, erectile dysfunction, orgasmic dysfunction, increased high Gleason grade prostate cancer, observed heart failure and cardiovascular events in clinical trials, and depression. Considerable evidence exists from preclinical and clinical studies, which point to significant and serious adverse effects of 5α-RIs, finasteride and dutasteride, on sexual health, vascular health, psychological health and the overall quality of life. Physicians need to be aware of such potential adverse effects and communicate such information to their patients prior to commencing 5α-RIs therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29224108

We also believe that physicians prescribing 5α-reductase inhibitors (i.e., finasteride or dutasteride) for relief of BPH symptoms or treatment of hair loss should engage their patients in a productive discussion regarding the potential adverse side effects of these medications on their overall health and quality of life.

When you take those quotes completely out of context and without referring to the percentages of people it actually effects, do you consider at all that is what you're doing, or is it just pure blind hostility at all costs, no care given to the legitimacy of your claims? For example you use a study of those who already claimed to have sides being the only ones participating and use the percentages for those individuals. You fail to mention that those with permanent sides make up less than one in a thousand users.

" Considerable evidence exists from preclinical and clinical studies, which point to significant and serious adverse effects of 5α-RIs, finasteride and dutasteride, on sexual health, vascular health, psychological health and the overall quality of life."

Statements like this are absolutely absurd, when we have decade long studies of finasteride users in which 98% had no side effects to speak of that they could notice. Suggesting this negative effect on "quality of life" due to 5α-RIs doesn't align with the reality of the data. It also doesn't consider the impact of hairloss in this equation either.

You can quote out of context and misinterpret data all you like, it doesn't change the fact that for the vast majority of people (95-98%) that are looking for medication to fight hairloss you are potentially HARMING them with the aggressive attack on the drug and fear mongering.

Finasteride side effects are very real and are down to an individuals own physiological reaction to the medication. Personally, I had to stop taking it after 3 weeks, due to sides. There seems to be a significant amount of others who have experienced sides as well.

Of course, it's entirely an individuals choice to take it, but to dismiss the reality of side effects, with so many reported cases, would be foolhardy.

of course all patients should be made aware of risks involved in taking any and all drugs, but for a little perspective:

40,000 deaths in USA caused by aspirin and painkillers every year

"Conservative calculations estimate that approximately 107,000 patients are hospitalized annually for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-related gastrointestinal (GI) complications and at least 16,500 NSAID-related deaths occur each year among arthritis patients alone." (Singh Gurkirpal, MD, “Recent Considerations in Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Gastropathy”, The American Journal of Medicine, July 27, 1998, p. 31S)

"It has been estimated conservatively that 16,500 NSAID-related deaths occur among patients with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis every year in the United States. This figure is similar to the number of deaths from the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and considerably greater than the number of deaths from multiple myeloma, asthma, cervical cancer, or Hodgkin’s disease. If deaths from gastrointestinal toxic effects from NSAIDs were tabulated separately in the National Vital Statistics reports, these effects would constitute the 15th most common cause of death in the United States. Yet these toxic effects remain mainly a “silent epidemic,” with many physicians and most patients unaware of the magnitude of the problem. Furthermore the mortality statistics do not include deaths ascribed to the use of over-the-counter NSAIDS." (Wolfe M. MD, Lichtenstein D. MD, and Singh Gurkirpal, MD, “Gastrointestinal Toxicity of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs”, The New England Journal of Medicine,a June 17, 1999, Vol. 340, No. 24, pp. 1888-1889.)

If you are good at math, you can see that 40,000 Americans are killed each year by these drugs.

they are conclusions of studies and part of the abstract. You cant take conclusions of studies out of the context, thats why they are the conclusion on the research about a specific subject. You can't just interpret it however you feel like. Its written there black on white. PFS is unfortunately quite real and the evidence is right in front of your eyes.

Regarding aspirin, we should also put things in context. In terms of number, far more people take aspirin than Finasteride, so you cant really compare them like that.

Its not on us to decide if propecia will be withdrawn. None of you guys can decide on that don't make it sound like you know what should be done.

There are regulatory authorities that take care of this as you know. They are the ones who will know what has to be done.

Regarding aspirin, we should also put things in context. In terms of number, far more people take aspirin than Finasteride, so you cant really compare them like that..

Uh?

I am not comparing them.

I am using aspirin as an example of all drugs having side effects.

If we banned all drugs that cause side effects or even death we'd have no drugs.

Other cosmetic procedures and drugs have potential side effects.

Fillers can have horrible consequences for a small segment of patients.

And the patients that have the horrible results and/or side effects will scream and sue the loudest....but i certainly do not support banning fillers for cosmetic use in the facial area.

Quite honestly , people do what they want n feel what’s best for them. Not everyone’s body is the same .. that’s why some people have health issues and some have hair issues ... n some both ..

- I have a serious health issue , chronic pain condition .. when taking Advil relieves the pain somewhat. .. I don’t want to take a pain reliever .. but it helps ..

I was a Norwood 1 like in the picture at 35 .. at 37 my hair thinned out all over n became a Norwood 2 . With the top losin it’s volume n diameter .. I’m about to be 39 in a month and going to be a Norwood 3V by the time I’m 40 .. at this rate I be bald by 45 if I let my hair continue to miniaturize without any medication intervention .. once ur hair starts to lose its diameter hop on propecia to stop the dht from making it too thin n it be too late .. once ur hair gets thin there be no going back ..

— so stop scaring people into trying medicine that helps their condition MPB..

Doing nothing is gonna make it get worse no matter what u hope .. hairloss is progressive ..

— Im also smoking and drinking everyday .. I’m pretty damn sure propecia n Advil is safer than that’.. so don’t be be whining n complaining about sleep insomnia n weak semen .. n getting less morning wood .. we are balding .. stop denying it .. n do something it..

Or just live with it .

Oh yeah from what I noticed .. if u r already a high Norwood 5 n above .. there’s no point in using propecia anymore .. u started meds too late n ur MPB was too aggressive .. ur hair got too thin falling out too fast .. there’s no point anymore .. not worth taking meds .. or if u already had sexual issues or u had low testosterone already .. yeah taking a hormone lowering drug might not be best for u .. do what’s best for u .. best of luck to us ..

You're scum because you have an issue which effects one out of thousands in regards to long term side effects and tell the 98% who would tolerate it without any even short term side effects that it is poison and they shouldn't try it. The chance of getting PFS is similar to being in a car crash. You are a total narcissistic to think your individual problems and situation should be militantly applied to everyone else, and at the end of the day finasteride for the vast majority like myself is a wonderdrug and has helped millions of people inhibit hairloss in the medium term, hairloss being an incredibly depressing and life destroying issue for many, and negatively impacting every single person who suffers it.

You want to sue Merck over finasteride and think its poison? Think of all the millions of people helped by the drug, because at the moment there is absolutely no alternative for halting hairloss. The issue is bigger than deranged PFS sufferers, you need to grow up. The fact is a lot of the symptoms of PFS could easily be other medical issues as well, chronic fatigue and erectile dysfunction numbers in the general population aren't that different than the percentages who have taken finasteride. The placebo group ALWAYS has a comparably signifcant amount of issues with "side effects" as the finasteride group in the major fin studies, which is another reason to be all the more sceptical.

"I haven't been able to work for the past 5 years because of the damage finasteride did to me."

If you can type on a computer, post evidently coherent and systematic finasteride critiques and research you've found, you can most certainly get some sort of a job you pathetic, lazy degenerate. Same with many others in the deranged anti-fin brigade, this constant reference to not being able to think straight or work anymore but doing so with absolute clarity and consistency when it comes to your purpose of attacking finasteride. Completely absurd.

Mark is not the only one suffering from the pfs symptoms.

Being able to type does not mean being able to work. Even high graduated people don't get a job.

Attacking people by saying they would be retarted is only indicating the level of knowledge and intelligence. No level?

Maybe you should read the studies (Harvard, Baylor, Melcangi).

The fact that M. had to change the leaflet several times, shows that M.s own studies might not been at the scientifique level they should have been. The fact, that pfs is discussed in the biggest countries (even on tv) is a sign that pfs is not just an imagination. It is an amount of different symptoms caused by f. I wish I had been man enough! to let grow a bald head. Better than being impotent. But yeah, everyone who is not taking fin is a pussy, right?

I have a list of pussies not taking fin and being very successful : Bruce Willis, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkeley, Vin Diesel, Robert Murdoch and so on...

I was such a pussy to believe that blocking dht (important for erections, libido...) was the root of baldness and my luck. What a pussy I was to take that product. I was very masculin, potent and full of energy. If my hair is or was more important than having sex, then I am not a man. And now, I am not really on pfs.

People can decide themselves whether to take or not. But I can tell you, when you get the symptoms you wish you had the key to go back in the time.

If fin is that secure, just ask your doc or a friend to take it after you have let them read the leaflet. If it is smarties, go on and just throw a pill. Ask your doc to do so, guess what? He never touches it cause he knows what happens.

they are conclusions of studies and part of the abstract. You cant take conclusions of studies out of the context, thats why they are the conclusion on the research about a specific subject. You can't just interpret it however you feel like. Its written there black on white. PFS is unfortunately quite real and the evidence is right in front of your eyes.

Regarding aspirin, we should also put things in context. In terms of number, far more people take aspirin than Finasteride, so you cant really compare them like that.

Its not on us to decide if propecia will be withdrawn. None of you guys can decide on that don't make it sound like you know what should be done.

There are regulatory authorities that take care of this as you know. They are the ones who will know what has to be done.

Conclusions to studies in which you didn't provide the name or abstract of what they were actually regarding, you didn't give any context and therefore they can be misinterpreted. For example you used a conclusion of a study which had a percentage where majority of those in the study had erectile dysfunction due to finasteride, without mentioning that the study was conducted with only those with side effects applying to take part. Are you seriously suggesting quoting this statistic without what the study was about isn't misleading?

Or are you too stupid to see that? Maybe a bit of brain fog from the lack of finasteride?

You can compare it to car crashes, because the number of deaths from car crashes is roughly one in a thousand, which is similar to finasteride sides. Deaths due to some medication or another is roughly 1/100.

"None of you guys can decide on that don't make it sound like you know what should be done."

Don't act like you're part of some crusade, it's absolutely pathetic. Look at the statistics with an objective eye and you'll see that finasteride is a wonderdrug for the vast majority that use it, and 1/1000 are being permanently damaged by it, which isn't out of line with other choices like driving a car or crossing the street for that matter.