Dr. Wong / 846 grafts / FUE / Crown only / 2 years post-op

While the crown was the only area restored, this Vancouver area patient was gracious enough to let us use his photos so I have included a shot from the front for added perspective. In his 30’s he was particularly bothered by the crown. He liked to wear his hair short and this factored in the decision to have FUE as his preferred method of extraction. Average texture hair with a higher than average donor density. A total of 846 grafts were used of which 48 were singles, 359 were doubles and 439 were 3 hair grafts. A 0.9 mm motorized punch was used. These photos were taken just short of 2 years post-op.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

6a.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

wow Doug....that looks great for so relatively few grafts. that's pretty much what I need in the same exact area. i am getting married in early Nov and am hesitant to do it now worried it would not be fully back to normal by Nov. About how long was the patient "face down" in the chair to remove 846 grafts and how long in the chair total? Have you ever heard if there is any practical alternative to face down removal of grafts with FUE?

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Did this pt start fin when he had the surgery? Crazy result.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

While the crown was the only area restored, this Vancouver area patient was gracious enough to let us use his photos so I have included a shot from the front for added perspective. In his 30’s he was particularly bothered by the crown. He liked to wear his hair short and this factored in the decision to have FUE as his preferred method of extraction. Average texture hair with a higher than average donor density. A total of 846 grafts were used of which 48 were singles, 359 were doubles and 439 were 3 hair grafts. A 0.9 mm motorized punch was used. These photos were taken just short of 2 years post-op.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

6a.jpg

Great result! did this guy use the topical Fin?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Shampoo,

Congrats on the wedding! Not only would it be back to normal (you'll look normal much sooner), you’d have some nice growth by November if you had a procedure by the end of April/May. This patient was “face down for around 1.5 to 2 hours. A total of around 5 hours from start to finish to complete the procedure. Some alternatives to the face down are being explored but nothing implemented yet.

Spanker/Sadhairlossman/hockeyman,

He used Proscar off and on over the years and restarted it orally about 4 months before his procedure.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Whiskey,

Coverage area and density would only be estimates and I’m not sure it is that relevant. We get these questions about grafts per sq cm from time to time but factors such as hair shaft diameter can make one 45 grafts per sq centimeter result look thicker than a result packed at 60 per sq cm. For this reason, the numbers are not as important and can be deceiving so we don’t place emphasis on them. In the end, a certain amount of density is required for a natural result and the doctors will place the appropriate density for each particular case.

Gasthoerer,

I have more pics but not anything much different than is presented here. Would you like to see some grafts before insertion?

Sean, 

I agree.

Densedream,

I think the simple answer could be twofold. Keeping in mind we can harvest larger sized grafts with FUE and he had a large number of 3-4 hair grafts, we can conclude this 846 grafts FUE is comparable to 1,000 to 1,100 grafts FUT. Also, as Tundra has pointed out, it is possible some of his fine hair could have responded nicely to the medication and had a hand in the improved the overall density.  

Hassonandwong.com