Hair looks worst after second HT?

Hello everyone,

I had my first HT on my bald hairline about 8 years ago. I recently had my second HT 4.5 months ago to lower my hairline and to thicken it.

At this point, I see the new transplanted hair growing but yet my hairline looks more thinner and diffused than before my second HT! If my new transplanted hair is growing, I would expect my hairline to look thicker not worst!

It seems as if some of my transplanted hair from my first HT fell off...But why? And will it grow back?

Thank You

The trauma from the 2nd surgery may have caused some of the hairs from the first transplant to enter into the telogen phase so it may look a little weaker but that can and should rebound.

Edited by mikeyhwk

It could have made it worse, should have it checked by few hair transplant doctors.

Is there any rudging or cobblestoning in the recipient zone?

I am suffering big time myself.

We all wish that HTs produce instant results. Another 4.5 months and you should be a happy camper, Hairs grow over time...and by the way, watching them will not speed things up. kind of like boiling water, Stay tuned to be gratified.

As you'll know from your first time going through this, 4.5 months is very early days. It sounds like you've had some shockloss which, like mickeyhwk says, is due to the trauma the follicles have experienced. This can happen whether the hair in the area is transplanted or native, but the fact that in your case it is transplanted means it is almost certainly going to grow back.

Growth timeline varies person to person, but I would expect you to be seeing a significant change within the next couple of months.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I experienced the exact same thing on my 2nd procedure however it did finally all come together but it took roughly 14 months to occur...and it was definitely worth the wait...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Don't be alarmed just yet. With any HT, you should expect to look worse before you look better. 4.5 months is still quite early, so hang tight and don't panic.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56