1600 FU - Dr Katz - Philadelphia - HT

Hey Bill.....crazy good work!!!!! Talk about a big shift in hair!

Hey Rob, just wondering.....do you prefer people to just use the gallery feature only for pics, or can they be posted on the forum here and there in actual threads.....?? Sorry, I'm just unsure.

I've seen reveesethecurse's images, they are amazing.....if he has trouble putting them here I can post them in the thread......**shurgs**

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using this name,

It is fine if you just post pictures inside the post as long as there is no link to outside promotional websites.

In order to do this your pictures must be hosted somewhere online, however. There are many free photo hosting communities available for just this type of thing. Try a google search for one you like. I prefer Photobucket.com.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks Spock and Using This Name for the nice compliments! I am happy with the results so far...and look forward to more growth. But like so many others, I know that this surgery will not fully satisfy me and I will be getting a second one about 1 year post op. No formal plans yet...but it's in the thoughts.

Bill

hey there....thanks robert for the advice...I shall do it with photobucket.

Bill, you know you're the man with your hair transplant, you've got so much to be thrilled about.

for some reason i cant reply with an image.....i just hit that litle arrow and get this quick reply box **shrugs**

Originally posted by using this name:

hey there....thanks robert for the advice...I shall do it with photobucket.

for some reason i cant reply with an image.....i just hit that litle arrow and get this quick reply box **shrugs**

Using,

You can just copy-and-paste the contents of the lowest whte box located under the pictures in photobucket to your posts to have them come up in the thread (instead of having to click the link).

Also, initially replying to any photo album post is like that (the "quick reply arrow") but you can get around that by replying and then editing your post. When you do that the normal option box comes up.

I hope that doesn't sound as complicated as it seemed when I wrote it. icon_biggrin.gif

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

ahhh Robert, I figured it out....I kept putting the url in the wrong place.....I didn't see that display image button. Very good thank you.

and yes, your message was't read in german! was good.

Reverses pics are amazing.....although I can't seem to get in touch with him or find him on other boards. If anyone speaks to him and he does not want these pics here, I shall remove them straight away....I was just tryin to help out since his links were taken out due to forum reglations.

cheers.

Hi Using,

Well, I have a feeling that Reverse may not want the pics here due to some issues...however, I don't know. Thanks for the compliments on my pics though. I am happy with the progress...and for 1600 grafts, I guess I can say I'm pretty happy...I think my doc did an excellent job. I do know, however, that I need a lot more work...one or two more sessions perhaps until I feel fully satisfied. I want to definately get the hairline looking as thick as possible on my next procedure, and then we'll see about the crown after that. Thanks for the comments!

Bill

ok Bill my friend, you may know more than me...and I need not have anything here that reverse does not care to have here....so i will remove them for now.....unless he wants them here, and will not pist the others of his progress as well.

well it's good to know that you are so thrill about your work.....I've seen many that CANNOT be happy with the job they have had. ur hair looks great.....age appropriate and something that is really not detectable at all if you ask me

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

Looks like things are sprouting for you. Great job with the pics. They really feature what, exactly, is going on up there. You still hqave some months of thickening up to go through so don't think that the growth is done. You must be pretty stoked huh?

-Robert

Hey Robert,

Yeah, I'm pretty happy at what I'm seeing. My plans, however, for the future are (with docs recommendation of course), is to hit the hairline and front half with a good 1600-2500 grafts depending on doc recommendation, then do a 3rd surgery and focus on the crown...which hopefully by then...I'll be good to go...but we'll see of course. Thanks for the support!

Bill

Sounds like a solid plan provided that you have the donor for it. I took a look back at your pics and, in my UNprofessional (heh) opinion it looks like you just may have it. Best of luck to you, Bill.

-Robert

Thanks Bonzo and Robert,

Robert,

Yeah, I guess when I go for a second consultation, I'll see what the doctor says about my donor supply. I definately have a thick head of hair...in the back and sides....wish it were still true for the top....but we'll get there eh? yeah, even after the first HT, I got what seems to be plenty of hair left back there...even at a clip 1 haircut, I can't see any hair missing, but the scar is still a little red. So I'll keep you posted on all that...especially with pics as I continue on.

I get conflicting opinions, however, from doc to doc as far as when I can get a second HT. Most docs and people on this board say to wait at least 8 months to a year, whereas a few docs are saying I could get one now (6 months). What do you think?

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all...I just posted my ...ok...almost 7 months pictures! Take a look and tell me what you think! I also finally got a haircut on the top for the first time since the procedure if you can believe it. All the hairs are not even which is a good thing....though the longer hair gave the appearance of more density. I think the barber cut it a little too short, so I'll probably grow the top a little bit again...but not too much. Don't want a comb over appearance...blah.

Also...need some advice...

In your veteran experience...how many more grafts do you think I need in the front half to make it dense enough to see very little to no scalp? How many in the back? Obviously, I have a finite amount of donor hair...but, I'm just curious what you all think.

Also...there has been much controversy over dense packing vs spreading out surgeries over 3 or 4 sessions, etc. Does anyone have a conclusive answer on this? Thanks.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Hi all...I just posted my ...ok...almost 7 months pictures! Take a look and tell me what you think! I also finally got a haircut on the top for the first time since the procedure if you can believe it. All the hairs are not even which is a good thing....though the longer hair gave the appearance of more density. I think the barber cut it a little too short, so I'll probably grow the top a little bit again...but not too much. Don't want a comb over appearance...blah.

Also...need some advice...

In your veteran experience...how many more grafts do you think I need in the front half to make it dense enough to see very little to no scalp? How many in the back? Obviously, I have a finite amount of donor hair...but, I'm just curious what you all think.

Also...there has been much controversy over dense packing vs spreading out surgeries over 3 or 4 sessions, etc. Does anyone have a conclusive answer on this? Thanks.

Bill

Bill-

Looks like you have good donor hair. I'm guessing a 3k+ session mainly on the front would get you to a happy place. I hate the idea of multiple sessions though.

Bill:

It's difficult to be specific on total number of grafts, but, a full restoration would probably take another 3K grafts, as Jacobs already indicated...your most difficult decision is whether or not to have multiple procedures vs. one more procedure...the most recent pics look good although the camera flash & recent haircut affect the picture somewhat...since your procedure you've received great advice from other posters/patients which will help you make your decision...in the end, your insticts/intuition will guide you when the time comes especially since your being so diligent gathering good information...good luck with continued good growth!

Thanks everyone,

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out my next move....I am contemplating between docs for my next surgery...Katz of course, since I feel he did a good job, and also True, and also Feller. I have no experience with Feller at all, conversations or not, but I know he has a good rep, True I've talked to by email....and Katz of course I've been in touch with and talked to. Ultimately, it's confusing for me, because there are so many different philosophies out there. I am trying to get pics from different patients of Katz and True in their before and after stages to see more of their work. I am definately happy with the work that was done, don't get me wrong, but I'm trying to plot out my next move very thoroughly because I know I don't have an endless supply of donor hair. Both True and Katz will probably do the same number of grafts for a second HT, however, Katz feels that it's best not to put all 1800 in the front, figures about 1200 in the front, and 600 in the back, whereas True seems confident with putting all 2000 in the front at once. Both docs agree that doing a third session will not be a problem because they both remove the old donor scar in each subsequent surgery. I have not had good luck hearing from Feller personally, only his secretary or the girl who answers email. She is very slow to respond and very short in words. Anyway....it seems that "dense packing" is becoming quite prevalent, whereas some docs are still more conservative with it. Putting all 2000 in the front is honestly what I would want to do on my next surgery...but again, there are mixed views on this. Based on my circumstances and my pictures, anyone have any veteran opinions on this? I still want to talk to Feller too...because I am sensing, though I could be wrong, that he would be the one to be able to do the most amount of grafts in one sitting, and honestly, as long as it's "safe" meaning I get the most potential growth out of it, I'd much rather go for one more session being a megasession, than 2 more sessions, though who knows...I may end up doing that anyway. Well, I digress....thoughts?

Bill