1600 FU - Dr Katz - Philadelphia - HT

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HairBeThere,

Thanks man! I'm looking forward to the next several months to see how the growth is coming along! Thanks for the encouragement. In your opinion, how much more growth should I see? Should the white hairs darken and thicken also? I know I wouldn't have full coverage, but should this all thicken up a lot? Thanks man! I'm new at this!

JacobS,

I am using 2% minoxidil and Propecia. i've only been using Propecia for about 3.5 months or so. The 5% minoxodil makes my scalp itchy so I don't use it! Thanks for the question. Why do you ask?

Thanks JacobS.

Yes, I use the mixodil. I used it for actually many years before the HT, but honestly, it didn't do me any good. I am only using it now for 2 reasons.

1. Combining it with Propecia I am hoping that it has better results

2. To hopefully speed up the growth process of the HT - which I know your doc recommends anyway.

So, I'm doing what I can to see what happens. Did you have an HT Jacob? THanks for post and the compliments.

Bill

Yes, I had close to 2500 hundred in December so needless to say I am going through the horrors right now. I have to remind myself that this stage is fleeting And focus on other things. The coverups help. I am a Norward 3 looking for a 2 result. Actually I look quite similar to my profile pic but with a NW3.

Hi JacobS,

This is going to sound really ignorant...but can you point me a direction or define what a NW 2 vs 3 is, etc.

I feel ya man. The first 2.5 months were painful not seeing any growth, even experienced a little shock loss, etc. Do you have any pictures posted on here that I can look at? Would love to be kept up to date with your progress.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I added some 5 month pictures. Comparing the 4 month pics to the 5 month pics, I don't see a huge difference, but I definately see some sort of difference in caliper and some in length. Please post your opinions and comments. I really want to hear what you all have to say about the progress thus far. Thanks.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Hello everyone!

I added some 5 month pictures. Comparing the 4 month pics to the 5 month pics, I don't see a huge difference, but I definately see some sort of difference in caliper and some in length. Please post your opinions and comments. I really want to hear what you all have to say about the progress thus far. Thanks.

Bill

Bill- Not much difference to be honest, 5 months, 50 % ( apparently) so you have a long way to go yet. I'm 2 months and the wait is excruciating.

Bill

Looks like the procedure did a nice job with spreading the 1600 around, I am similiar to you in loss, NW5A light hair not dark which I understand is easier to contrast against light skin.

Are you considering another to add density? I had 2140 with strong results and may consider another one down the road, good luck with your growth!!!

TMAN

Hi Tman,

Thanks for the compliments. yeah, Dr. Katz definately did a good job spreading the grafts around. Yes, I definately plan on having at least one more. I am thinking about focusing most of the next surgery on the front to really thicken the hairline and front, and then perhaps having a third surgery to try to help the back a bit. I doubt I will go more than 3 surgeries, but that is my long term game plan as of now. I will be waiting about a year between each surgery.

Do you have a link to your pics Tman? I'd like to see your progress. How many months post op are you?

Bill

Hi all....I just realized when looking through my pics, that I really didn't add many front shots of the hairline from straight on. So I just added a 5 month pic of the hairline from straight on and then a 2.5 month pic for compare purposes. Big difference it seems! Please tell me what you think!

Bill

Ah wow Bill, big difference from 2.5 to 5 months. I had noticed lack of straight on shots and I was going to mention that. Katz did an excellent job! How does he rate with regard to the "personal touch" post operation ( following up with you etc)?

Felceros,

The first pics didn't do your procedure justice, the new ones that you posted definitely show a great full looking natural hairline, congratulations-Bonzo

Bill

check out my pics

rtc

[link removed by forum moderator - Robert]

Reverse, you can use our forum's software to display your pictures. It's very easy to do. Simply click "Photo Album" under the "New" button and follow the prompts. Thank you for your cooperation. - Robert

Originally posted by Reverse the Curse:

Bill

check out my pics

rtc

[link removed by forum moderator - Robert]

reverse start a thread here man.....takes longer to load an external site icon_smile.gif

Regards!

Reverse,

Nice work man! I'm very excited for you. Looks like you're going to have a nice head of hair in about 6-9 months! Do you plan on posting to this forum also? I have just recently stumbed upon that forum so I will be checking in there from time to time too. Please please do keep us posted on your progress. I'm looking forward to seeing your progression!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...