30yo 5000 FUT - Konior vs. Wong vs. Diep

Hi folks, I'd love to get some opinions on who might be best for someone like me. As you can see from the photos, I have pretty advanced hair loss for a 30yo. I often wonder if it's too late for a procedure... maybe it is, but I've seen some amazing things from these 3 doctors. Consults with several doctors seem to suggest FUT over FUE, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000 grafts.

Currently on Finasteride 3-4x/week as I got definite side effects from 1mg/daily. Love any input on this as well. Nizoral 2x/week. Considering minoxidil but once daily.

Any and all comments appreciated!

5b32f9e7afb00_ScreenShot2018-03-03at9_20_28PM.png.603b5952f520e747e4d48890cc88ff5e.png

5b32f9e7d91bb_ScreenShot2018-03-03at9_21_02PM.png.cc9145a3df4adc6e77b11dd2620e0b00.png

5b32f9e80d97c_ScreenShot2018-03-03at9_20_51PM.png.0cabc6dad3655d045c602ef9f824ac9b.png

5b32f9e83ac96_ScreenShot2018-03-03at9_21_12PM.jpg.ca7c70ee6a8b1c0a19d07c631487c9d6.jpg

Edited by boomking

• Administrators

Honestly all three are great doctors, it’s definitely not too late to get a procedure as long as your expectations are in check. Consult with all three, look for patients reviews, reach out to past patients, don’t rush in to anything take your time and research slowly.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Easy, Konior.

If you need 5,000 grafts then that is going to be a larger donor incision...and Konior is head and shoulders ahead of anyone when it comes to making donor scars pretty much invisible.

Easy, Konior.

If you need 5,000 grafts then that is going to be a larger donor incision...and Konior is head and shoulders ahead of anyone when it comes to making donor scars pretty much invisible.

This.

I like both of the other doctors but for fut, this was a 2 horse race between Wong and Konior. If you have the time and budget, it's a one horse race go with Konior. If you don't have the patience or the budget, then Wong is a great plan 1B

When you say you had consults with several docs, do you mean in-person, or via email with photos? An in-person consult is what's gonna give you an idea of whether your donor density and laxity will allow for a 5000 graft session. Also, at the age of 30, have you considered future hair loss? Just some things to think about, if you haven't already.

I believe that any one of the three docs you are wisely considering can create quite a nice transformation for you with 4000-5000 grafts. Just keep your expectations realistic.

I'm 3 months post-op from 3808 FUT with Dr. Wong, and so far I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about my experience.

I would have am in person with Wong and Konior to make sure they both feel comfortable taking 5000 in one shot and that that would be the best route for you. It's not like ordering a pizza and that number. Your donor and laxity have to be right as well.

5000 is so much donor and so much money, you really owe it to yourself to get it right and not have any regrets about your decision so I would take my time and meet them both.

That said, I would let either of them do do fut on me.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Word to the wise, since you have advanced hair loss, even with five thousand grafts the coverage could be thin and need a second round, you're also looking at a very conservative hairline.

Just letting you know to prepare yourself for conservative expectations and the possibility of a second surgery.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Word to the wise, since you have advanced hair loss, even with five thousand grafts the coverage could be thin and need a second round, you're also looking at a very conservative hairline.

Just letting you know to prepare yourself for conservative expectations and the possibility of a second surgery.

I agree, but 5k would do a lot for you. Your loss is pretty advanced for a young guy so a conservative hairline you work well for you.

Look at Wong' s most famous patient and I would say that is probably a realistic long-term look that you could achieve and in probably 2 surgeries. I say 2 because you'll probably have a completely new hairline and a high percentage of younger guys that do that want a second pass.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

thanks y'all, i've met with Dr. Diep, and have consults booked with both Konior and Wong. after a little more research, i've also decided to meet with Dr. Gabel.

re: a second procedure, sure i'm aware that's probably a necessity down the road. i'm currently trying to see what dosage of fin works for me first off. i had some definite sides after 1 month @ 1mg/day. currently doing 1mg every other day with some success. but maybe it just takes a few months for the body to get used to the drug regardless of dose.