Suggestions/Friendly Feedback on the Forum

Hi Moderators and community.

I thought it might be a good idea to come together and put forth ideas we have for the forum.

I will start it off. Feel free to add your ideas/suggestions to the thread and please remember to keep the feedback/suggestions PG :)

1. In the “Find A Surgeon” link, it would be nice to be able to filter by technique (FUE/FUT/Bodyhair), graft count, and other fields, rather than only by location. Also just a random question- but how often are these bios and result pages updated?

2. There is an exclusive FUE subcategory on the forum. Maybe try a FUT only subcategory?

3. Maybe put a section where threads are placed into the surgeons specific folder. Example: someone had a procedure by Erdogan. This thread is moved to a subcategory/folder where all the other Erdogan threads are. If someone has a procedure by Diep, that thread is moved to Dieps folder where all of his threads are. This way you can view a whole group of threads rather than using the search function which sometimes doesn’t work the best. I would love to see something like this.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Yes, this is certainly an excellent point and we actually do provide this, not here on the forum, but on the HTN. The page is https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/advance-search.asp and can be accessed from the drop menu (on all pages here) by clicking on the link in the top right"Find a Great Surgeon". This is mainly by area and we also have an Advanced Search, which then takes you to the page lined above.

As to the suggestion about organizing the threads, that too is really excellent and I think Bill will have some input and provide feedback on this.

Hope this does help.

Hans

Webmaster

Yes, this is certainly an excellent point and we actually do provide this, not here on the forum, but on the HTN. The page is https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/advance-search.asp and can be accessed from the drop menu (on all pages here) by clicking on the link in the top right"Find a Great Surgeon". This is mainly by area and we also have an Advanced Search, which then takes you to the page lined above.

As to the suggestion about organizing the threads, that too is really excellent and I think Bill will have some input and provide feedback on this.

Hope this does help.

I feel silly for not noticing the advanced search button. Thanks

Also just my 2cents but it seems like these categories do the same thing/have the same types of posts. I could see combining them into 1

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeons Reviews

Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients

This is a great point. When I was trying to figure out where to post my transplant experience and progress photos, I wasn't sure which one of these to pick because they both contain the same types of threads. I eventually chose "Experiences" because I don't have the final results to show off yet, but I do see many diaries located in the "Results" section too so both seem to serve the same function.

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

Thanks for creating this, I’d love to hear more feedback.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

More than anything I would like a rule that people don't quote huge postings.  People do that and then everyone has to scroll through lengthy posts that they have already seen.

• Like 2

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Dazed said:

More than anything I would like a rule that people don't quote huge postings.  People do that and then everyone has to scroll through lengthy posts that they have already seen.

Yes! I hate when 3 people quote all of the pictures that were posted. I really don't need to keep seeing the same results while I keep scrolling to get to the end. I usually try to select a section I'm responding to and quote that. I wish more people would do that. Thanks!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I think someone needs to really spend some time to go through all of the Drs listed and update their bios and info. The last time I really checked it looked like some of them were really dated. I realize that it's mostly up to the Drs to update their own info, but perhaps you should send them a link or something to easily allow them to view it and update it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I think someone needs to really spend some time to go through all of the Drs listed and update their bios and info. The last time I really checked it looked like some of them were really dated. I realize that it's mostly up to the Drs to update their own info, but perhaps you should send them a link or something to easily allow them to view it and update it.

Like what kind of information is outdated? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Like what kind of information is outdated? 

You know what Melvin, I took a look at some of them and it looks like they have been changed since I last saw them, so never mind what I said.... and great job with the forum.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)