Overbearing censorship

Note from Admin: we have responded to this topic on page 2, but I felt it necessary to post a reply directly on the original topic and post so people including the original poster understand. Recently, we have sent a newsletter where a number of email addresses returned delivery failures. As a result, we decided to disable accounts that did not have a valid email address because we figured, anybody who is active would obviously email boss letting us know that their account has been disabled and ask why. We would then check it out, get their new email address and reenable it. This is the only way that we can update email addresses because well, we don’t have an updated email address to email them about it. This is also necessary, because too many bounced emails result in us getting blacklisted and none of our emails will go out to anybody. This is a major problem.

Now, I am pretty sure that this is the case here although I want to investigate it so I ask that the original poster send me a private message with this new account so we can check. In the meantime, more detailed reply to some of the accusations made in this post can be found on page 2.

This was a case of the bizarre timing of several events that just added up in the wrong direction.

I now understand what had happened.

Thanks to Bill and Webmaster for clearing up things.

Removing my comments on this topic.

Edited by hsrp11-uncensored

I didn't agree with your Lupanzula comments specifically because I can tell the presentation of results is geared towards showing the results exactly as they are in regards to lighting and before/afters unlike 95% of even the best clinics, but this is hugely uncalled for.

Honestly if this isn't just an accident of some sort I think I'll stop posting and recommending this as a resource. This site seems to have less people posting than usual lately with a slow downtrend and this is a truly stupid thing to do if you want the community to be worth anything at all in the long term.

If this is true, and I want to believe it is just an error in some way, this would be very disappointing. You've given a lot to this forum hsrp, I know I've appreciated your input in my time and you didn't say anything overly inflammatory from what I've seen. We all have opinions, preferences and should be able to speak them but you should be able to defend your position if you're saying something, and you did so which makes it fair game to me. It does seem like the clinic thinks you've singled them out a few times so this may have been coming from them but it still warranted a discussion at the very least a warning over pm if there was some sort of infraction with the rules... I've made my own fair share of critical comments and will continue to do so when warranted, I would leave if comments about certain docs were off limits. I never felt that was the case here. Joe had his own extenuating circumstances so I don't like to conflate the 2... but this is the first I've heard of something like this which is why I want to hope it is an error and not a sign of the current forum direction.

Edited by mikeyhwk

I also hope this is a mistake and I'm sure the mods will reply soon.

I'm not sure its fair to compare this to the Joe situation because there was obvious conflict of interest in that scenario.

No one should be silenced on here for well reasoned opinion and I hope the mods reverse this decision. If you've been contributing to the community for that long, it's definitely concerning.

This is really disappointing to hear. I really looked up to your advice hsrp and to see that you've been treated this way is concerning.

Your posts always come with respect and are backed up by evidence in subsequent posts...

If this thread is deleted I know that they are really trying to brush things under the rug.

We wish to make it clear that there was no complaint by Medikemos Hair Restoration regarding this user much less any request to disable his account.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

I had a post a short while back that was censored for no real reason. I was merely adding to a conversation and mentioned a certain someone. I later learned from admin that no mention of this person's name is permitted on the forum in any context whatsoever. Quite frankly I found it ridiculous and I wonder who else and what else is censored on a daily basis.

I had a post a short while back that was censored for no real reason. I was merely adding to a conversation and mentioned a certain someone. I later learned from admin that no mention of this person's name is permitted on the forum in any context whatsoever. Quite frankly I found it ridiculous and I wonder who else and what else is censored on a daily basis.

There are a few clinics, the known tech mills that trigger the mods to approve a post and a couple that aren't allowed to be named but i think thats more because those clinics were spamming with fake reports and earned that rather than what is being talked about here.

Edited by mikeyhwk

Isn't there a new moderator?wonder of this was an experience issue and maybe some training is in order?

I have to believe that this wasn't "sanctioned." Wether you agree or disagree, I have seen things like that said 1000 times with no retribution.

I hope Bill comes on to comment.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

There are a few clinics, the known tech mills that trigger the mods to approve a post and a couple that aren't allowed to be named but i think thats more because those clinics were spamming with fake reports and earned that rather than what is being talked about here.

Yes I get that and thats fair enough. But I mentioned J oe, thats it.

Hsrp,

Wait a second here… I have no recollection of disabling your account at all. Is it possible that your email address that’s associated with this account has expired or no longer is operational? That would get your account temporarily disabled until we are contacted in order to change your email address. Before making assumptions why not send a private message or email an administrator and ask the question? Why don’t you send me a private message using this account and let’s get this straightened out.

Bill

And I also want to address some of your comments now that you are Bob’s he posted some ridiculous statements and have revealed your true colors… How you really seem to feel. Claiming that this site is about money and deleting posts. It is actually exceptionally rare that we remove or delete any posts. Furthermore, I have actually had many members contact me asking to have their post removed and in the interest of transparency we have denied those requests asking members to simply update a topic where they had original concerns or if they are concerned about anonymity, we would suggest they drop their own photos to show only their hair or change their user name to something more anonymous. Regarding the website being about money… If that were the case, we would be recommending over 1000 doctors and not a small number that we are recommending today. So many doctors message and emailed us on a regular basis begging to be on our “list“ of recommended doctors. But we tell them there is a prescreening process that they must go through and only doctors who can prove they are doing top-notch work are approved for recommendation. Yes, those who are approved for recommendation do pay a nominal sponsorship fee in order to support this community and keep it running but that is public knowledge and is listed on our website. In that way, we operate a lot like an Ivy League university who excepts only the brightest students but those who are accepted still have to pay tuition to keep the school running.

Honestly can’t believe this post from this long-term member when if you could have very simply emailed us asking us what’s going on instead of assuming that we decided to banish him for other reasons. However, seeing that he feels the way he does, I’m not so sure bringing him back it’s a good idea. But maybe he’s just angry because his account was suspended and is saying things he doesn’t mean. I will give him the benefit of the doubt more than clearly he is giving us. So I encourage him to private message me with this account so we can look into it and possibly get to the bottom of it. Please be sure to send me your current email address and the email address you have registered with. Let’s see if maybe there was an email issue which is why you may have been disabled in advertently.

Bill

OK, so I just finished reading through all the member messages on this post as well and thought I would reply to that as well. Guys, I think you should all know me well enough to know that I’m not going to suspend a long-term member without a very good reason that has been made public. The only time we may suspend an account or disable it without notifying anybody or making it public would be is if it was a blatant spammer and typically they are brand new members and not legitimate.

In this case, I strongly believe it has to do with the email address bouncing so I’m hoping to get a private message from HSRP so that we can look into this. But I have no recollection of disabling his account so my only thought is that our webmaster disable his account due to an email bounced which I told him to do for any accounts that don’t have a valid email address. This is not a permanent thing, it’s only being done so that we don’t get flagged or blacklisted. In the past, when somebody has noticed they were not able to login, they have contacted us privately, we updated your email address, and then we will enable their account. No harm no foul. Is the first time I’ve seen a public attack on this community for what I strongly believe is related to his email address.

Anyway, please have some faith in this community and me knowing that I’m not going to simply banish a long time member for no reason.

Bill

I thought in the end it would come down to something like this, simply some sort of error and not some new crazy oversight direction but it was important that it got addressed so thank you Bill for clearing this up. I did get an alert from the site a while back about my account email no longer being valid as I had switched emails so this sounds this sounds plausable and the most likely scenario... just really bad timing with the discussion ongoing with Dr Lupanzulas clinic, they got dragged into this unnecessarily. Hopefully this can be quickly resolved with hsrps account and we can get back to less drama around here lol

Like I said on my reply to the original post - I saw nothing untoward on either side and would wait for follow up. I have always respected both the original poster and the mods so - in the words of The Eagles - Take It Easy...

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators

@Hsrp,

I see what has happened here. There were a huge number of bounced messages from your email account for forum notifications and this will also trigger an account suspension, as it is really not that good is users have the wrong email address listed.

Note that the bounces are from the original account :

hair_trns_2010-contact@nym.hush.com

host plsmtp1.hushmail.com [72.51.60.130]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

554 Spam Blocked. at ./proxyd-filter.pl line 420.

This means that your original account hsrp10 was disabled for the very specific intention of some form of communication so that we can make sure that both the email address you are using and your acceptance of mail from the forum is actually functioning correctly. The above address is still getting bounced forum updated and is associated with the account hsrp10.

Please do make sure that your mail account accepts mail from the forum address which has been set as "webmaster@hairrestorationnetwork.com"

Once that has been corrected, it is a simple matter of re-enabling your account and things should be back to normal.

Hope this explains things.

Hans

Webmaster

Hsrp,

Wait a second here… I have no recollection of disabling your account at all. Is it possible that your email address that’s associated with this account has expired or no longer is operational? That would get your account temporarily disabled until we are contacted in order to change your email address. Before making assumptions why not send a private message or email an administrator and ask the question? Why don’t you send me a private message using this account and let’s get this straightened out.

Bill

Hi Bill.

This was really a case of bizarre timing of several events that just added up in the wrong direction.

Thank you and Webmaster for clearing up things.

In hindsight, I agree that I should have given you and the forum the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by hsrp11-uncensored

Excellent, I’m also glad that our webmaster chimed in with the specifics of this case. That’s exactly what I thought happened and I’m glad we could get to the bottom of it.

HSRP, you’ve been a long time devoted member and we certainly wouldn’t suspend you for no reason… And frankly, given your long history of support of this community and of hair loss suffering men and women, I can’t picture ever suspending you. So, I really hope those comments you made about our community were just out of anger in thinking that we intentionally wronged you rather than something that you really feel in your heart. Because we certainly are are still and always will be true to transparency and doing what’s best for patients.

Please do send our webmaster or me your updated email address, and once we receive it, we can update your account and reactivate it.

All the best,

Bill

Hi Bill.

This was really a case of bizarre timing of several events that just added up in the wrong direction.

Thank you and Webmaster for clearing up things.

In hindsight, I agree that I should have given you and the forum the benefit of the doubt.

I personally think you should make some sort of apology to the Medikemos rep myself. I think they had every right to ask you to back any statements up and I didn't think they were being aggressive at all. If you're going to slur the clinic, then they have a right of reply.

Also thinking you're an 'authority' on hair transplants because you've been a patient a few times kind of undermines the people who are living and breathing this stuff every single day in a clinic. They are the authority and experts. You've made judgments and assumptions on that clinic on an extremely small subset of cases they've worked on.

Dear members and guests,

We know how many people see our discussion forum and this topic for example, so I’m glad that we were able to resolve it relatively quickly. I do wish that HSRP contacted us privately first so that people don’t think that we censor our forum especially for no reason at all. I understand that the original poster made a few potentially controversial comments, but not enough to consider suspending his posting privileges at all. Besides, even if we found there was a need to consider that, we would issue if you warnings and explanations before doing it.

That said, we are still working on getting emails to his email address, I’m hoping he perhaps create a free email on Gmail as there seems to be problems with whatever don’t mean he is currently using. But he said he was going to call them to attempt to work it out. Whichever, we will get it resolved and he can use his previous user name. In fact, I think we should just re-enable his ID now because there’s no reason to keep it suspended. He is already aware of the problem working to fix it. I am not at my computer right now so it would be very difficult to attempt to login and reenable it so I will do that tomorrow. In the meantime, let’s get this email address issue resolved.

Best wishes,

Bill