1500 FUE Result/Testimonial - Video- Dr. Arocha

This patient was experiencing thinning in and behind his hairline and want to reinforce the density and shape. After consulting extensively regarding his family history and his medical intervention Dr. Arocha agreed to perform a 1500 graft FUE procedure.

In this video you'll see the hairline, the density achieved, the pristine donor zone one year post as well as the patient's comments regarding his procedure and his experience overall.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Wow, this is one of the most aggresiv hairlines ever. I agree that low hairlines look good on older patients (Pitt, Clooney, Lynch,...) but I am not sure about this round female one...

But I have to admit the density is insane. Hope de doesn't have further loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comment, Gasthoerer. You have to realize that the hairline design was already set by the patient's genetics. Dr. Arocha addressed the thinning of the hairline and the front few centimeters with the density improvement you see.

Thanks again for your comment.

• Moderators
You have to realize that the hairline design was already set by the patient's genetics. Dr. Arocha addressed the thinning of the hairline and the front few centimeters with the density improvement you see.

The hairline was there, but that's because he is young and hasn't really experienced much hair loss yet. Nobody keeps their childhood hairline as they get older. This could turn into a problem down the road.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Its a very female hairline design, temple points curve forward rather than angle backwards (on quite a masculine looking guy as well). Very unusual, but I take on board the point that his hairline was somewhat in that shape/area already, the challenge now is that his hairloss is likely to progress, so can he keep ahead of the game.

Its a beautiful looking result now for sure, just hope he doesn't end up looking goofy in later life.

Nobody keeps their childhood hairline as they get older. This could turn into a problem down the road.

Is that so?

Ronald-Reagan.jpg

We appreciate the concern, but Dr. Arocha went over the patient's family history in detail in addition to a full examination of his hair. Given the amount of density and the lack of miniaturization found during the initial consultation, Dr. Arocha felt strongly that the odds of aggressive future loss was very minimal. Will the patient need more work in the future? Maybe, but he has more than enough donor supply to meet the expected minimal future loss. Also, the patient is in his late thirties so while he is young, he's not that young.

I think what springs to mind looking at this result, other than it looks really good, is that very few men losing their hair and considering a hair transplant can aspire to this sort of result, it's simply not possible or advisable to do so. This guy is very unusual, because you don't often see men with what is already a low hairline and pretty good density, going for a hair transplant. I'm not questioning his decision to do so, as a lot of people would have said the same about me, and I know how badly I needed one in terms of how I viewed my own hair situation (I've had one 1400 FUE at age 46).

In that respect, the video is a bit like the HT equivelent of size zero models in the fashion industry - it's what so many guys would love but sadly so few men can realistically aspire to achieve. I know that in saying this, I leave myself open to comparisons with the housewife lying on the couch with a glass of red in one hand and the other constantly in the biscuit tin bemoaning "those skinny b*tch models" in her magazine, but there are lots of guys (especially young guys) out there who aren't as well researched as the chaps on here, and don't understand that this type of result is only for exceptional cases.

My concern on this issue is always the same - that those younger guys see the like of this and decide it's exactly what they want and need, and they want it at an early age. Even if Dr Arocha and other ethical doctors wouldn't do it for them, sadly, then there are plenty out there that would, and leave them to deal with the future consequences.

Edited by Hassler

You can see clearly in the pre-ops he had this "female hairline" shape and extraordinarily prominent temple points that 99% of the population don't have prior to the procedure. Without a doubt it is a cosmetic improvement, no one can genuinely dispute that. How will this look in his fifties and beyond? Probably should ask Clooney, Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt how having a full head of hair is like at that stage. The answer is that its damn good.

Along with most Caucasians I never had a hairline this aggressive even in my teens so for me it would would strange, but for those of other racial characteristics this doesn't look out of the norm and with those particularly forward temple points it calls for this kind of hairline. It is a natural result.

I think what springs to mind looking at this result, other than it looks really good, is that very few men losing their hair and considering a hair transplant can aspire to this sort of result, it's simply not possible or advisable to do so. This guy is very unusual, because you don't often see men with what is already a low hairline and pretty good density, going for a hair transplant. I'm not questioning his decision to do so, as a lot of people would have said the same about me, and I know how badly I needed one in terms of how I viewed my own hair situation (I've had one 1400 FUE at age 46).

In that respect, the video is a bit like the HT equivelent of size zero models in the fashion industry - it's what so many guys would love but sadly so few men can realistically aspire to achieve. I know that in saying this, I leave myself open to comparisons with the housewife lying on the couch with a glass of red in one hand and the other constantly in the biscuit tin bemoaning "those skinny b*tch models" in her magazine, but there are lots of guys (especially young guys) out there who aren't as well researched as the chaps on here, and don't understand that this type of result is only for exceptional cases.

My concern on this issue is always the same - that those younger guys see the like of this and decide it's exactly what they want and need, and they want it at an early age. Even if Dr Arocha and other ethical doctors wouldn't do it for them, sadly, then there are plenty out there that would, and leave them to deal with the future consequences.

Hi Hassler,

I like the "biscuit tin" reference:) Your point is well taken. This is the difference between clinics that work to educate their patients versus those that are seeking undeserved glory and recognition. Had we been a new clinic without a history to back up our responsible approach for our patients, then there would be good reason for concern, but this is a unicorn case in that very few other patients would be able to achieve this type of result. As I stated before, the patient isn't that young, he's in his late 30's, and combined with his minimal existing loss and his strong family history of minimal long term loss, the approach made sense, and more importantly it worked. We see no reason for this to be a long term problem.

JeanLDD,

Thank you for your comment. You are correct regarding the racial characteristics, or rather, the genetic proponent. He is of Hispanic background where this type of hairline is more commonly found on adult males.