Latest Celebrity Hair Transplant: Jordan Peterson

Professor Jordan Peterson has become an internet sensation as of late, known for his contrarian and provocative social stances and inquiries that challenge political correctness and modern culture in general, but what has really caught my attention is his hairline.

We veterans of hair transplantation have a keen eye for when something looks slightly amiss, and the good professor has a hairline that gets the hair transplantation senses tingling.

It appears that Professor Peterson is the latest example of a celebrity sporting a very average transplant, and is now a walking testament to what generic hairline work and a lack of customized refinement will look like.

His transplant isn't bad per say, but it isn't undetectable, especially if you know what you're looking for.

My research confirmed my suspicions as I found photographic evidence of Jordan Peterson before his transplant and it is obvious that a transplant is indeed the reason for the appearance of his current hairline.

It just goes to show that the hairline is the most critical component to pulling off realism in a hair restoration, a cookie cutter hairline will never do, it must be customized to the face of the patient in full.

Just the same, Peterson does look better with a transplant, but with a refinement to his hairline could pull it off with a better sense of naturalism.

Canadian-professor-Jordan-Peterson-ignites-controversy-by-not-using-gender-neutral-pronouns-indialivetoday.jpg

jordan_peterson.jpg

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I would agree that this is average work. It's not bad, I'd say that it's just not great. Could still be maturing or could need just another pass. It would definitely be able to be approved upon. In addition to density, I would soften the hairline with some 1s in front of the hairline.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Interesting that I was talking to a female friend recently and mentioned I'd had a transplant which she said she was impressed by and that "It looks a lot better than Elon Musks". (Transplant or hairpiece?)

We started talking a bit more about celebrity transplants and she has a bit of a love/hate obsession with Peterson, so I mentioned his and she said she didn't even realise he'd had one. I think most people who have seen a lot of transplants and look at that hairline design would know instantly its a dead give away along with the lack of soft single grafts and poor temple density, so anyone who's a little worried about their transplant being spotted or the design not being perfect, the general public probably have no idea. A mediocre or imperfect transplant can often still be better than the alternative of no hairline at all, which I think most would agree with looking at his before photos.

I am familiar with Peterson and have seen many of his videos. I noticed that his hairline looked transplanted but until now I hadn't seen any images of how he used to look. Well spotted!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It's fascinating to me when people who seemingly would have full access to the best of the best in the hair transplant world end up with a mediocre result. It's not horrible, by any means, but I feel like it could be much better... Someone should direct his people here to do some more research for him. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It's fascinating to me when people who seemingly would have full access to the best of the best in the hair transplant world end up with a mediocre result. It's not horrible, by any means, but I feel like it could be much better... Someone should direct his people here to do some more research for him. :)

It's an interesting observation, and above all it can be found among sports stars. They go for the most expensive one in the most fashionable area. Surgeons that are never mentioned on this forum as among the elite.

Some mediocre results that come to mind: Benedikt H?wedes (football), Daniel Negreanu (poker) and Cesc Fabregas (football).

The reality is, we all have access to the same HT doctors. The elite are available to all. Most rich and famous people live in big cities or spend a lot of time in them and likely pick a doctor on the basis of who has the most visible advertising in that city. If they have assistants find them a doctor, the assistant probably doesn't do anything more than a quick local search.

It's an interesting observation, and above all it can be found among sports stars. They go for the most expensive one in the most fashionable area. Surgeons that are never mentioned on this forum as among the elite.

Some mediocre results that come to mind: Benedikt H?wedes (football), Daniel Negreanu (poker) and Cesc Fabregas (football).

Speaking of famous hair transplants, this is the most normal I've ever seen the president's hairline, he ought to wear this style regularly.

Donald+Trump+GOP+Presidential+Nominee+Donald+OhA1QwVDTQ2l.jpg

It's confirmed Trump had work done? Thought it was just an advanced combover job.
Most believe he's likely had scalp reduction surgery.

Yeah I saw this guy doing a Channel 4 news interview a month or so ago. I noticed the HT within about 1 second. It is very obvious he's had work done. Reminds me a little of Chuck Schumer's.
It's not quite as bad as Schumer, as i think Schumer has mini-grafts and Peterson has follicular units, but you're right about the hairline placement and artificial shape of it as too straight looking being similar.

Yeah I saw this guy doing a Channel 4 news interview a month or so ago. I noticed the HT within about 1 second. It is very obvious he's had work done. Reminds me a little of Chuck Schumer's.

The infamous Cathy Newman interview? I saw that.

Yaaaah, I was wondering about Peterson. I started following him last year & got introduced thru a Stefan Molyneux video, where you can see their faces very clearly. I thought initially that he had nice hair.... But then as I happened to be searching for some of his past videos, I noticed some on his channel from a few years back where he had the beard & an obviously different hairline. He's definitely had work done ;) It looks fine though.... I wouldn't have thought otherwise.

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017

• 2 weeks later...
The infamous Cathy Newman interview? I saw that.

That interview was both a treat and uncomfortable to watch. Newman is a very bright woman, but that interview was a car crash. :)

"So you're saying..."

"no, im not saying that."

I think for a man in his 50s his hair looks fine. Its a little thin, maybe, but that's natural for his age group surely?

It's interesting though, isnt it, that even the brightest and cleverest among us worry about our hair enough to get it fixed.

That interview was both a treat and uncomfortable to watch. Newman is a very bright woman, but that interview was a car crash. :)

"So you're saying..."

"no, im not saying that."

I think for a man in his 50s his hair looks fine. Its a little thin, maybe, but that's natural for his age group surely?

It's interesting though, isnt it, that even the brightest and cleverest among us worry about our hair enough to get it fixed.

I think appearance matters to some people and not to others and this is completely separate to intelligence. Of course in the case of Peterson, he has gone from being an academic to a media personality, so the decision to have HT surgery might be seen as a career move.

• 2 months later...
There is no doubt that he's had work done. He does good work himself, too.
Given his recent internet stardom, there will probably be increased scrutiny on him, will be interesting to see if he confides to the public about a hair transplant (particularly his own) as part of one of his lectures about self esteem and appearance/ perception.

• Administrators

Apparently he’s on a carnivore diet, which has helped his “autoimmune” condition. I wouldn’t be surprised if he says the improvement of his hair is based on his diet. I got this information from Dave Rubin on the Joe Rogan podcast, where Dave even mentions an improvement in his hair due to the diet. In the same podcast, Dave mentions struggling with alopecia areata.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Apparently he’s on a carnivore diet, which has helped his “autoimmune” condition. I wouldn’t be surprised if he says the improvement of his hair is based on his diet. I got this information from Dave Rubin on the Joe Rogan podcast, where Dave even mentions an improvement in his hair due to the diet. In the same podcast, Dave mentions struggling with alopecia areata.
The late Christopher Reeve was afflicated with that too, all of his adult life, he actually donned black wigs rather than color his hair for the Superman movies because when the hair would come and go was unpredictable.

newjerseytestimony.jpg

latest?cb=20140905225920

• 3 years later...