Consultations - Drs Lupanzula and Bisanga

Hello! I am arranging consultations with the usual suspects in Belgium. I am almost positive that if I do get the procedure done, it will be FUT. Is it worth seeing Drs Bisanga and Lupanzula? They are both better known for their FUE procedures and there is very little of their FUT stuff out there. Any advice?

I will do a write up of my experience with the consultations when I have them all. I have emailed both doctors as well as Dr Devroye for March and my consultation with Dr Feriduni is in August.

Thanks

I think Dr. Bisanga still does FUT but not sure if Dr. Lupanzula does it.

Please keep us in the loop....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I would go with Bisanga based on personal experience and also based on a veteran poster's experience with the other doc. He is decent but am seeing issues with him producing solid density results (seeing bare scalp in images for example).

Be careful also if doing temple points with BHC/Bisanga, as there are cases on here showing the techs really messed up the temple point graft selection and graft angle placement.

Bisanga does still perform FUT, and actually some of his prominent examples of excellent results are FUT cases.

If you're looking at FUT though the N. American masters Hasson, Konior and Rahal are a better option in my book.

Actually am quite confused by your post, as you mention all the prominent European FUE surgeons but state you are looking to have FUT done..

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for the reply! I do not want to travel outside of Europe for this for logistical reasons. I see your point but Drs Deroye and Feriduni both do excellent FUT in my opinion (unless you disgree). There is a good Feriduni FUT case doing the rounds at the moment (Halcott? something like that anyway) on these boards. Excellent work. His hairlines are superb.

It's weird like that yeah, I can't think of a prominent FUT surgeon in Europe, but know that Bisanga does do FUT and also apparently Feriduni too since you mentioned it.

I had small FUE procedures with Bisanga (he and BHC are a top class clinic) but was also impressed with the FUT cases I researched online. Feriduni I have not researched regarding FUT, same with Deroye.

Hope you get more replies from people who have had excellent results from European FUT surgeons, best of luck.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks. I have seen excellent recommendations from other surgeons for Dr. Feriduni on here from US surgeons (Feller and Bloxham for example) as well as in other forums. Dr. Devroye is a bit strange. The results I have seen are good though! Hence the consultations. Thanks again!

Thanks. I have seen excellent recommendations from other surgeons for Dr. Feriduni on here from US surgeons (Feller and Bloxham for example) as well as in other forums. Dr. Devroye is a bit strange. The results I have seen are good though! Hence the consultations. Thanks again!

Hey Trix,

I am in a similar position to yourself and have only just started considering FUT. One thing I will say is that people like Bisanga don't seem to like taking on challenging cases and I am assuming you are a challenging case if you're considering FUT?

Lupanzula is heading to London next month, I have already booked an appointment with him. Just an FYI. I think he's the only surgeon in Belgium who still does all the work himself.

Also, if you're heading to Belgium to save a few pennies then I don't see a massive gap these days once the 21% VAT has been added. Just something to consider.

Hey Trix,

I am in a similar position to yourself and have only just started considering FUT. One thing I will say is that people like Bisanga don't seem to like taking on challenging cases and I am assuming you are a challenging case if you're considering FUT?

Lupanzula is heading to London next month, I have already booked an appointment with him. Just an FYI. I think he's the only surgeon in Belgium who still does all the work himself.

Also, if you're heading to Belgium to save a few pennies then I don't see a massive gap these days once the 21% VAT has been added. Just something to consider.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't looked into the prices yet. I just know that Belgium has the best surgeons in Europe and I do not want to leave Europe for this.

I will speak to them as they may give some different opinions to the others. I want FUT as it is the best surgery type, simply (don't want this to turn into FUT vs FUE).

Dr. de Reyes also does everything himself. He only does FUE though. He is also cheap and used to be recommended by this site.

What is that about the 21% VAT?

I would go with Bisanga based on personal experience and also based on a veteran poster's experience with the other doc. He is decent but am seeing issues with him producing solid density results (seeing bare scalp in images for example).

Dear HSRP10,

I'm curious what defines "solid density results" for you. Our presentations are about as honest and clear as one would hope, and far more so than the presentations of many of our colleagues. Perhaps you are not used to seeing the reality of hair restoration without the use of convenient angles and hairstyles or flash photography.

I bring this question to you because you have made it a point to make this statement on more than one occasion and frankly, we believe it is unwarranted. All things being equal, our results have no density challenges and to use "seeing scalp" as a qualifier is rather unrealistic.

In addition, to question our clinic based on one patient's case is less than fair considering we've been producing consistently high satisfaction rates in Europe for years. To disqualify us because of one case that is not a failure in the least would disqualify every other clinic in existence.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

Trixglendevon,

We would be happy to have you at our next consultation in London, if you are available. It is not until March 24th so there are some openings remaining. You'll get the full attention of Dr. Lupanzula and he will discuss with you what his thoughts are concerning both FUE and FUT and how each will apply to your case and your needs. And he does still perform FUT, just not nearly as much as FUE. In fact, we have an FUT case later this morning.

You can email us at info@medikemos.com to inquire about times and to confirm a reservation.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

Trixglendevon,

We would be happy to have you at our next consultation in London, if you are available. It is not until March 24th so there are some openings remaining. You'll get the full attention of Dr. Lupanzula and he will discuss with you what his thoughts are concerning both FUE and FUT and how each will apply to your case and your needs. And he does still perform FUT, just not nearly as much as FUE. In fact, we have an FUT case later this morning.

You can email us at info@medikemos.com to inquire about times and to confirm a reservation.

Tbanks. I am already in touch with your email team (Eva?). I will work it out with her!

Hey Trix,

Does not like challenging cases?

I think I was probably one of the most challenging for any Doctor, and Doctor Bisanga took my repair on with excellent results. 3800 beard into strip scars pictures below. No scarring or trace of extraction on my face.

ej

5b32f99607654_11months9.JPG.1a1802535fd982d4a59e853a8c5e8bf3.JPG

5b32f9961703f_beforerepair.JPG.5bd501ba4665d4f929bcc1af6e5d21fd.JPG

5b32f9962dc73_19month2.jpg.1a02ebcc2d324514325fc7f5220e7ffe.jpg

5b32f9964110b_16monthresized.jpg.157e33f0e418e40881a70b47b9abb555.jpg

Edited by ej

Hey Trix,

Does not like challenging cases?

I think I was probably one of the most challenging for any Doctor, and Doctor Bisanga took my repair on with excellent results. 3800 beard into strip scars pictures below. No scarring or trace of extraction on my face.

ej

Hi Ej,

Have you got an experience posted on this site? I would be interested in looking at it.

I don't think what I have said is outside of common knowledge. Bisanga is well known for only taking on cases where they can get a really good result. That's not criticism but it can deter some people who don't consult other surgeries. Not everyone can get a hollywood result.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't looked into the prices yet. I just know that Belgium has the best surgeons in Europe and I do not want to leave Europe for this.

I will speak to them as they may give some different opinions to the others. I want FUT as it is the best surgery type, simply (don't want this to turn into FUT vs FUE).

Dr. de Reyes also does everything himself. He only does FUE though. He is also cheap and used to be recommended by this site.

What is that about the 21% VAT?

I think De De Reys uses his wife in some placement of grafts so I'm not sure that is 100% accurate. But you're right, he only does FUE which is why I might have to exclude him.

I think Dr Lupanzula won an award recently. I think one thing's for sure, Lupanzula and Bisanga are both extremely good surgeons that most people wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Hi Ej,

Have you got an experience posted on this site? I would be interested in looking at it.

I don't think what I have said is outside of common knowledge. Bisanga is well known for only taking on cases where they can get a really good result. That's not criticism but it can deter some people who don't consult other surgeries. Not everyone can get a hollywood result.

Hi Superdude

I find that an odd statement to be honest. I was turned down by many so called `top doctors`and Dr Bisanga took my difficult repair on. One of the things I liked at the consultation was his honesty. The doctor said to me that he could make no guarantees or promises of any improvement, however he would try his best for me.

He was also happy for me to share my experiences on the forums from the outset regardless of how things turned out.

A lot of repair clients have been hugely improved by BHR and that also played a part in my original decision to go there. Unfortunately their experiences get lost in the hundereds of pages that make up the forum so people have to use the search function and take the time to do detailed research.

Perhaps your comments about clients getting a really good result relate to the many who go for hairline or temple work, norwood 3`s who have a lot of native hair behind to back the result up. I always think these are stellar results and more often than not the results we see online from all physicians.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160800-scar-repair-1032-beard-hairs-dr-bisanga-16.html

Hi Superdude

I find that an odd statement to be honest. I was turned down by many so called `top doctors`and Dr Bisanga took my difficult repair on. One of the things I liked at the consultation was his honesty. The doctor said to me that he could make no guarantees or promises of any improvement, however he would try his best for me.

He was also happy for me to share my experiences on the forums from the outset regardless of how things turned out.

A lot of repair clients have been hugely improved by BHR and that also played a part in my original decision to go there. Unfortunately their experiences get lost in the hundereds of pages that make up the forum so people have to use the search function and take the time to do detailed research.

Perhaps your comments about clients getting a really good result relate to the many who go for hairline or temple work, norwood 3`s who have a lot of native hair behind to back the result up. I always think these are stellar results and more often than not the results we see online from all physicians.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160800-scar-repair-1032-beard-hairs-dr-bisanga-16.html

I am not sure a repair procedure can be compared to a fresh patient who is a norwood 5 or 6 and the clinics results will be judged more thoroughly. One is coming from a stance of "can you try your best to fix this" and the other "can you transform my hairline".

However, I'm approaching them again so I will see if you're correct.

I believe repair work to be much more challenging for a physician

than a virgin scalp. I think the doctor needs to be highly skilled to

perform successful repair procedures.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Repair procedures present the doctor with many difficulties.

Limited donor reserves, in my case restricted to beard. The extraction method is critical as to not leave any scarring on the clients face.

The doctor needs to be highly skilled at extraction to achieve this, small .8 mm hand held manual punches with the option to pick up a .9 mm manual punch for a graft containing 2 or 3 hairs, rather than one punch fits all that may result in transection.

Equally the grafts have to be used to maximum effect to camoflague scarring caused by earlier poor surgical techniques. Vascularity has to be taken into account also, grafting at too high a density can cause poor yield as blood supply is restricted due to micro scarring.

A well planned series of procedures is critical to the end result, similar to a norwood 5-6 who in my opinion unless they have excellent donor reserves or realistic expectations, may well be better off avoiding this procedure in the first place to avoid disappointment.

ej

Edited by ej

I believe repair work to be much more challenging for a physician

than a virgin scalp. I think the doctor needs to be highly skilled to

perform successful repair procedures.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Repair procedures present the doctor with many difficulties.

Limited donor reserves, in my case restricted to beard. The extraction method is critical as to not leave any scarring on the clients face.

The doctor needs to be highly skilled at extraction to achieve this, small .8 mm hand held manual punches with the option to pick up a .9 mm manual punch for a graft containing 2 or 3 hairs, rather than one punch fits all that may result in transection.

Equally the grafts have to be used to maximum effect to camoflague scarring caused by earlier poor surgical techniques. Vascularity has to be taken into account also, grafting at too high a density can cause poor yeild as blood supply is restricted due to micro scarring.

A well planned series of procedures is critical to the end result, similar to a norwood 5-6 who in my opinion unless they have excellent donor reserves or realistic expectations, may well be better off avoiding this procedure in the first place to avoid disappointment.

ej

Sure, I'm not doubting that the procedure is more difficult and requires great skill, I'm just saying that the clinics reputation is less depended or scrutinised on that type of work; they are less likely to be judged on it. How many people approach the clinic for repair vs FUE/FUT?

A lot fewer I'd say.

Dear all,

Thanks for your comments about Dr. Bisanga and BHR Clinic.

@ TrixGlendevon. Dr. Bisanga performs FUT surgeries. At present probably FUE is the most used technique, but we still do FUT / Strip procedures.

Here a few examples:

2950%20STRIP_zpst8njdnci.jpg

2100%20STRIP_zpsoncxb0cw.jpg

4354%20FUT_zps7dv25m7g.jpg

3813%20STRIP_zpsmyfqjxnk.jpg

@ Superdudeo. I believe Dr. Bisanga is one of the doctors who has taken several of the most challenging repair cases. EJ is an example of it, but here you can see some other examples if I am allowed to show:

Repair case 01

Repair%20Collage%2001%20-%203500%20FUT_zps4ajyt97j.jpg

Repair case 02

Repair%20Collage%2002%20-%20COMBO%20PROCEDURE_zpsifhvuzvh.jpg

Repair case 03

Repair%20Collage%2004_zpssp1onbez.jpg

Repair case 04

Repair%20Collage%2003_zpsotzxeizk.jpg

Repair case 05

Repair%20Collage%2005_zpss3kymhkt.jpg

Kind regards,

Sure, I'm not doubting that the procedure is more difficult and requires great skill, I'm just saying that the clinics reputation is less depended or scrutinised on that type of work; they are less likely to be judged on it. How many people approach the clinic for repair vs FUE/FUT?

A lot fewer I'd say.

I don't think what I have said is outside of common knowledge. Bisanga is well known for only taking on cases where they can get a really good result. That's not criticism but it can deter some people who don't consult other surgeries. Not ever

I just find the above statements quite contradictory to be honest. No offence intended.

I think a clinic is equally scrutinised on all their work. Be it repair/fut/fue. I would also point out that both procedures are used in repair work anyway.

The patient is in a last chance situation and the last thing anyone would want is the poor guy to be made any worse. That is why I think only the most ethical highly skilled doctors can offer improvement. It seems to me that if a doctor can perform great repair work then everyday fue/ fut would be a walk in the park for them.

Again just my opinion.

Regarding a clinic or doctors reputation it is hard to judge online as most do not post their results. If a clinic does one procedure a day five days a week then that is twenty a month no way do we see that amount of cases posted

Research is key if in doubt do nothing

ej

I don't think what I have said is outside of common knowledge. Bisanga is well known for only taking on cases where they can get a really good result. That's not criticism but it can deter some people who don't consult other surgeries. Not ever

I just find the above statements quite contradictory to be honest. No offence intended.

I think a clinic is equally scrutinised on all their work. Be it repair/fut/fue. I would also point out that both procedures are used in repair work anyway.

The patient is in a last chance situation and the last thing anyone would want is the poor guy to be made any worse. That is why I think only the most ethical highly skilled doctors can offer improvement. It seems to me that if a doctor can perform great repair work then everyday fue/ fut would be a walk in the park for them.

Again just my opinion.

Regarding a clinic or doctors reputation it is hard to judge online as most do not post their results. If a clinic does one procedure a day five days a week then that is twenty a month no way do we see that amount of cases posted

Research is key if in doubt do nothing

ej

I don't know what's contradictory about them. It would help if the quotes were right.

Bisanga is well known for only taking on cases where they can get a really good result.

I'm not doubting that the procedure is more difficult and requires great skill

Your second statement contradicts the first. BHR have many repair clients who they took on with no guarantee of a good result, if the procedure is more difficult and requires more skill then according to your first statement why would bhr take them on?

Hope this explains

ej

Bisanga is well known for only taking on cases where they can get a really good result.

I'm not doubting that the procedure is more difficult and requires great skill

Your second statement contradicts the first. BHR have many repair clients who they took on with no guarantee of a good result, if the procedure is more difficult and requires more skill then according to your first statement why would bhr take them on?

Hope this explains

ej

Sure, I understand what you mean but I'm coming from the bigger picture. A clinic - for most of their custom - are judged on their HT results, not on their repair work.

Whether repair or normal HT is harder for the surgeon doesn't matter to the average customer.

Therefore, some clinics will turn down patients that are challenging to maintain their reputation. They don't want to showcase anything other than excellent results and sometimes, the more challenging cases can look less than this high standard.

Repair work is more niche, the clinic is less often judged on this.

I don't see where this contradicts anything. It's about the presentation the clinic wants to put out, which again is not a criticism, just an observation to bear in mind.

I have never heard that Bisanga is just doing the "easy cases". Actually I think his FUT work is very good. From Lupanzula I have seen great FUE results but hardly any FUT. Feriduni is still doing great FUT.

But honestly, if you want to go FUT in Europe, a place to consider is definitely Hattingen.

They were specialized to FUT only just until a couple of years ago (just like H&W) and typically have high NW cases.

Good luck with your Research.

Edited by Gasthoerer