PRP with Dr Bisanga

Do you live in Belgium?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I would skip it to be honest.

About 2-3 years ago PRP was all the rage with several clinics offering it, but there is no strong evidence of it having substantial benefits and I have read stories here of it doing more harm than good.

You'd be better off just concentrating on getting an excellent procedure by an elite surgeon.

Luckily Bisanga is one of those. But the PRP, I would not waste my time on it.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I would skip it to be honest.

About 2-3 years ago PRP was all the rage with several clinics offering it, but there is no strong evidence of it having substantial benefits and I have read stories here of it doing more harm than good.

You'd be better off just concentrating on getting an excellent procedure by an elite surgeon.

Luckily Bisanga is one of those. But the PRP, I would not waste my time on it.

If I spend 8-10k on a transplant, what is another 500-1000 to see if everything recovers quicker? I am all for science too but it is relatively a small amount of money extra.

Why is PRP not recommended for HT? It's used in sports to promote faster healing.

let me put it this way, having had prp was never the difference between a bad transplant and a good one, or a good one and a great one...and results seem to vary by clinic, some docs like Cooley for example seem to have presentable results while other docs just seem to get nothing out of it so I question if all the clinics are doing it properly. I've never seen cases of it hurting a procedure but i'd be curious to see examples of that but I've seen plenty of cases of nothing from it.

No but I live near enough. Why?

Was just curious why you were considering this doctor, nothing more.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY