Failed 2200 FUE with Dr Feriduni 3 year update

ezel

Well its been a little over three years. I was about to have my "free touch up" procedure with Dr Feriduni about 1.5 weeks ago but I cancelled it. Booked the flight. Set the date...Cancelled as once everything was confirmed my mind went dark. I felt very uneasy. I rarely have issues sleeping but the sleepless nights started. Emailed the clinic a very honest message as to my anxiety and concerns. Told them I was cancelling or would take a day or so to give the final answer. The clinic responded(not Dr.Feriduni) and thanked me and also said the Dr Feriduni would most likely contact me. Well....Wait for it...He never did.

My major concerns

1.)failure again

2.)my donor area took a very hard hit

3.)failure again

4.)failure again

My wife has been amazing in this entire process FYI. About as supportive as you can get. We have a 2 year old and he is amazing and life is pretty good overall. Over the past few years since the procedure its always been noted by literally anyone who cuts my hair that the sides of my head are very bare compared the other areas. I voiced this as a concern in my last email to the doc. I was hoping he would contact me to discuss this. No contact what so ever. My concern again was that the procedure would again be unsuccessful which in turn would disfigure my donor area even more.

Truthfully I could go on and on about how disappointed I am. After one failed surgery its very difficult to pony up and jump back in the chair. His offer for a free surgery isn't really "free". I've got to close my dental office for at least 1.5-2 weeks as im not going to see patients in the post opp beautiful form we are in. My family has to deal with me in the "waiting period". And my anxiety focused on if I made the right decision after the first failed procedure is the kicker. In the end I really would just like my money back. Hands down. I truthfully believe that would be the honorable thing to do on his end. I'm very happy for all those that have had a great outcome by him but those of us that havent have to deal with it. It should be my decision on if I want to have the procedure done by him again. I see patients all this time that tell me their other dentist messed their tooth up and they never want to see he or she again. Well...I dont really want to see Dr.Feriduni again either. I dont feel comfortable. Hell his tecs did all the extractions and insertions of all the follicles. He made the incisions and numbed me up but other then that he wasnt there for much of the procedure. He would check in from time to time but honestly he as pretty absent.

You be the judge. You can find my first thread with the pro opp pics by just typing in DrFeriduni. Im not going to reattach the old pics. Really no need as its not hard to see my result are sub par. Attached a few of my donor area too. I could attach every single conversation he and I had after surgery that would go through his thoughts. He did believe I had success. His estimates were around 50-60 percent success.Ive enclosed his pic which shows the success. The point of this email isnt to attack the doc or anything like that. From my research he did seem to be an outstanding doctor with on average a good result. I unfortunately just fell on the wrong side.

Ill finish with that.

IMG_1095.JPG.3805a95127072075e9eaa11706fb2687.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG.455032e70713c01f635f9916c3cea0e2.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG.bcd740970b553bbda9e626b9c38c671a.JPG

DSC_7924.thumb.jpg.40cbbc53ad436f2b04909d871ff0e7bd.jpg

Man so sorry you to see what you are going through. As for the touch up cancellation, it was probably a smart idea.

I myself wasnt given enough options after first FUE as other screwed patients were, so I went in to repair the first one and was screwed more, then sent to get another and im a bad situation. It is such a nightmare.

I am very surprised to see the doctor didnt respond after you were notified they would. It is very disheartening to see this and see what you are going through.

Worst part is, you are trying to sort this out on your own. Forums rarely play defense for the patient, at first it may seem so, but then a 180 occurs and things are locked and the right investigators are fuken noticing that and there are great folks directing certain parties to any hint of marketing fraud.

I hope you get this resolved and 100% resolved without any bs blame on you. I am so close to talking to few of my reporter friends to highlight marketing fraud and venues that do little to help patients.

I think anyone can fully understand that you are concerned (and even more than that). Furthermore it also seems strange to me that the mods seldomly appear in this "bad result" threads.

However (and I say this with all respect after reading both of your threads), it is very difficult to follow your story and to clearly understand the before and after situation. What was the status before, what was the status post op? Or the distribution of grafts in recipient and donor? Is the hair we can see transplanted or natural hair? How were your sides before?

Maybe a consultation in person with a clinic would help yourself to understand your options better. And if you do not want to travel you could visit a clinic in the US with the records of Feriduni.

Obviously it bothers you a lot (of course it does), therefore you should to sth. and close your clinic for a couple of days even if it is costly.

Good luck!

I think the techs had difficulties with ur hair since it’s curly .. since the doctor didn’t do the extractions I think u had a high transaction rate .. I feel for u .. u paid good money for a top doctor but u just got the name n not his work ..

I think the techs had difficulties with ur hair since it’s curly .. since the doctor didn’t do the extractions I think u had a high transaction rate .. I feel for u .. u paid good money for a top doctor but u just got the name n not his work ..

I have never seen a failed case from Dr. Konior or ASMED.

Research these two if considering future work.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Ezel yours is an interesting case for sure and I'm sorry you did not get your desired result.

What happened here? Frankly, I think it is impossible for anyone to comment matter of factly about your situation. I read through your other thread and a post mortem has already been conducted, with few definitive conclusions, if any.

With that said, based on what you have told us and the info/photos you've provided, I think the offer from the Dr to rectify the result, his fault or otherwise, as well as to cover travel costs is a fair one.

I can also say I did have FUE with the same surgeon 5.5 months ago and I do feel that they need to work better in the communication department. Responses from his assistants are usually quick. But I have not been able to have any personal dialogue with the Dr myself, rather it is always through an intermediary. I have always checked in with them rather than the other way around. More Dr - Patient communication would go a long way IMO.

Whatever happens I wish you the best.

If I read correctly in the previous thread, there was mention that Dr Feriduni would conduct this repair surgery entirely on his own, no tech involvement? That and travel expenses covered is a pretty substantial attempt to do a repair but if you've lost faith in your doctor then you've lost faith, and you shouldn't feel forced to go back to him if you're no longer confident in his ability to get a result. The question is do you feel anybody else can get you the result? or are you wanting to opt out of surgery altogether due to your apprehensions. I don't think there is any question that the result was subpar and the follow up equally sub par. It does seem that there was donor damage as well so your viability for future procedures is going to be a question. Have you consulted elsewhere just to see what other doctors have thought about what went wrong or about your viability going forward and repairing the donor damage?

...I think u had a high transaction rate .. .

Unlikely in my opinion, as a clinic of this level and pricing should inspect the grafts (especially in such a frontal case) which a microscope. Hard to belive they inspected the grafts and implanted such an amount of dissected grafts.

Have you consulted elsewhere just to see what other doctors have thought about what went wrong or about your viability going forward and repairing the donor damage?

Exactly my suggestion as well. Would also help to understand if the existing hair is natural or transplanted.

I have never seen a failed case from Dr. Konior or ASMED.

Research these two if considering future work.

I have seen failures from ASMED too. Not from Konior, yet, but haven't researched much about him. There are failures from any (!) clinic unfortunately.

First and formost my post isn't meant to discredit the doc or attack him in anyway so I want to get that out there.

Second. His offer to do the case over is a great offer. I'd think most doctors what a great result. Myself being a dentist I understand the desire to get a great result. Obviously when I do an anterior crown case I want it to look flawless. If the result isn't great it's a lot easier in regards to how to get it right-you send the crowns back to the lab with a note telling them what the did wrong and they fix it. Not so easy with a HT.

I haven't got on this site in years but since my booking and then cancelling I felt it was a good idea to get back on and post my follow up as I do remember so many people saying that people post and disappear. I didn't disappear. My wife and I had our son and life was how life is when that happens.

In regards to having a second procedure. I really don't think my donor area could take it. My sides look bad. I went back and reviewed his plan and he did say he would like to keep the future extraction areas confined to the occipital zone. If that area looks like my sides after I'm done then I'll look silly honestly. Not my goal.

My apprehension is with the doctor himself but also with the procedure. I'd like a refund honestly. But I know that prob won't happen. I'll be honest in that in 10 years of practicing dentistry I've had a few patients that I can't satisfy what they want and I've given them a refund. Two patients to be exact. It's not the end of the world. Initially I was down about it bc I'd like to think I could do better but in the end once the refund was giving it was almost therapeutic as it meant we both could move on with our lives.

My purpose of this thread was to show people it doesn't always go as you plan. To take caution when making your decision. To understand this is a result you can get and to also understand you can get an out of the world result. Way the choice before you decide.

I agree with Gasthoerer, there are a few bad results from Asmed on the Italian forum. I've been looking on that forum for a while now trying to get a feel for what goes on in Europe and there are a few bad cases from Asmed where photos clearly show poor yield. One guy went back for a second pass and after 5100 grafts to the front it's really thin. I found several where the photos weren't available because of photo bucket and their changed policies but the posters said they weren't happy and the clinic said they were in talks with the patient. But yeah, they all have bad results somewhere.

Thanks guys for pointing that out. Really have not seen any on here regarding poor results, but I have to admit I don't read every single forum worldwide.

Though I have searched many of the foreign language ones using google translate in the past when I was actively researching surgeons.

If possible please post the link of the Italian forum, will check out those.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)