My Feb. 12 FUT with Dr. Diep

SWdan

• Administrators

Damn man you look young, holy smokes what’s your secret?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

64 years young is not old.  And you’re hair is looking great so far.  How are you feeling about it?

best wishes,

Bill

One more month and I can kiss 64 goodbye forever. Hello Medicare.
Thanks Bill. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I can't tell you how much I hated the sight of those plugs. Dr Diep told me when my hair grew out I wouldn't see them any more, and he was right. And I thank him for that all the time. Maybe the best move I've ever made for myself was making an appointment with him.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, SWdan said:

One more month and I can kiss 64 goodbye forever. Hello Medicare.
Thanks Bill. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I can't tell you how much I hated the sight of those plugs. Dr Diep told me when my hair grew out I wouldn't see them any more, and he was right. And I thank him for that all the time. Maybe the best move I've ever made for myself was making an appointment with him.

That’s incredible, I’m not just blowing smoke, but you could easily pass for being 15 years younger. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

12 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s incredible, I’m not just blowing smoke, but you could easily pass for being 15 years younger. 

What a nice thing to say..! Thanks Melvin.

Hey dan .. will mention u n Melvin to doctor diep .. .. my appointment date is at end of this month.. I’m pretty nervous about surgery, but I think I should be in good hands..

ur hair looks good btw.. U look like a 50ish .. keep us updated on ur progress .. so glad u r happy not dealing with those plugs anymore .. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Hey dan .. will mention u n Melvin to doctor diep .. .. my appointment date is at end of this month.. I’m pretty nervous about surgery, but I think I should be in good hands..

ur hair looks good btw.. U look like a 50ish .. keep us updated on ur progress .. so glad u r happy not dealing with those plugs anymore .. 

Thanks a lot Legend.   I know you'll be in good hands.

Please keep us updated on your progress too.

16 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

You are looking great Dan, and your result will only continue to improve over the next few months. I see a little more swagger in your smile, too. ?

Thanks for the kind words Spaceman. I really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Picture taken on 11-12-18 exactly 9 months post op.

I'm thinking of going to two months now between updates, up to 1 1/2 years.  I'm sure my hair has some to go, just that any observable changes are slowing.   When it's wet, on top shows a little more thinness than I'd like.  Fortunately when it dries, you can't tell at all.  The crown is a little thin, but that doesn't seem to bother me.  
I don't know if it's the adjusting of some meds I was on, the DHT blocking shampoo I'm using, but I'm noticing almost no hairs falling out.  Nothing in the comb, just a few in the shower every couple weeks or so. I guess if I've made it this far in my life, chances are there won't be too much more hair loss, if any. I hope. 
I enjoy seeing everyone's updates. Quite a few though, seem to stop posting altogether way before their year and a half.

11-11-18 danny.jpg

Edited by SWdan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

The hair is becoming softer now and maturing, it looks better from your last update. Overall, this is a home run result. Definitely took years off your appearance.

• Like 1

View my thread

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The hair is becoming softer now and maturing, it looks better from your last update. Overall, this is a home run result. Definitely took years off your appearance.

Thanks Melvin.

I fully appreciate the hairline Dr. Diep gave me. But probably more than anything I like that the Bosley plugs have disappeared. Even when my hair is wet, they're gone. I can't see them.  

Edited by SWdan