Dr Bloxham 3500 Graft FUT Nov 27 2017

hitherehair

Very pleasant experience with Dr Bloxham. I'm now 2 months 2 weeks post op. I'll answer any questions you guys have. I'll be updating this album every monday night. The pics are from the first 2 weeks then I started to take one pic a week.

.https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B135Uzl7VCpbDf

Edited by hitherehair

Thanks for checking out my post "Hairloss!" I just added my weekly pic along with a picture of the donor. From now on i'll do my best to add a pic of the donor as well.

From what I understand, 2 months and 2 weeks post op means that i'm on the home stretch of the ugly duckling phase. Apparently, 3 months is when I can expect to see new growth and it can't come soon enough!

I must admit that i'm not thrilled with how the donor is looking. Granted, my hair is buzzed short, but I wouldn't expect the scar to be so obvious at this point. Should my scar be so plainly obvious at 2 months 2 weeks post op?

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B135Uzl7VCpbDf

My thread isn't exactly setting the world on fire but i figure i'll continue updating anyway. I'm approaching 3 months and i've started to see some notable growth. The latest pic in my album was taken this evening.

i’m following! if anything update it for me please :)

how’s the donor region looking? definitely looking like some growth. good luck!

I'm also following hitherehair :) My thread isn't setting the forum on fire either haha, I think there's just not as much activity on here as there used to be. Lots of people viewing the threads though so don't think your updates aren't helping people.

Glad to see you've started growing!

All the best with your results hittherehair! I'm a couple months behind you.

I don't want to raise alarm bells but it looks like cobblestoning scarring has formed in the recipient? Or is that normal for this stage?

Hey Fortune, I haven't been able to get a good look at it so I couldn't tell you in regards to redness. However, it's definitely noticeable that something has been done to the back of my head. It's hard to articulate but it looks as if I have a "ledge" back there. Check out the donor pic in my album, i took it last week, you'll see what i mean. I'm hoping that as the months and weeks progress it'll start looking more normal. Perhaps you know- how long does it take for the donor to heal up fully?

Both of us are FUT and probably just a month or so apart when we did our HT. My hair is long and puffy enough that it covered my donor completely. My donor has healed up well in the past four months, the scar is clean and am hoping that more hair will grow around the area to cover the strip.

Yeah our concerns don't align exactly. You're cool with leaving your hair long in the back, i'm not. I want to keep the back and sides as short as possible so i'm watching my donor intently. I wish there were a way to poll bloxham patients and find out the shortest they can keep their hair in the donor.

I didn't have FUT but I've followed a bunch of FUT cases on this forum, and it seems like the scar improves considerably over time. Your scar looks like it's healing well, and you're still very early in the process so it's only going to get better from here.

Not sure how much a poll would help to determine how short you can go in the back because everyone's situation is very different (healing, hair characteristics, etc). How short are you hoping to be able to go in the back? A 3 or 4?

Update: I've officially hit the 3 month mark. I think i'm ahead of the game because i started noticing signs of growth last week. I also added a new before pic to my album as well. The pics may not be in order but they are dated so you can follow my progress. Cheers!!

Update: I've officially hit the 3 month mark. I think i'm ahead of the game because i started noticing signs of growth last week. I also added a new before pic to my album as well. The pics may not be in order but they are dated so you can follow my progress. Cheers!!

hows the donor/scar region? has the hair grown to cover it yet?

Hey hairloss.. The hair has grown over it completely. At 6 months i'll get a haircut and try my best to take a pic of it. I can tell you that its not tender or sore and I don't think it'll give me any problems.

You check out my latest before pic? If I end up with an average result anything will be better than living in that miserable state!!! Also, that was taken about a year and a half before my transplant. At the time of transplant i was definitely a cozy norwood 6

I love following your progress hitherehair. Things are really starting to happen. Can't wait to see what growth the coming weeks will bring. As you know, I'm a few weeks behind you and it is such a treat to be able to follow these stories and know what is in store :)