how you pass the time

wheretogo

• Moderators

Most (probably all) clinics have a TV and ask you what channel you prefer or if there's anything in particular you'd like to watch while they work on you. Some of them will have music channels as well if you'd rather just listen to music. Don't be afraid to tell them to change the channel. They want you to watch or listen to something you like, so you'll be relaxed.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I found that the time passes surprisingly quickly, either watching a film or chatting away to the doc and technicians. Also having a couple of breaks where you can go to the toilet, eat some food etc.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I can see this being a concern before the procedure, as it seems like a long time doing nothing, but in reality it passes quite quickly. During the extractions I fell asleep as I was face down. During the incisions and graft placement, I paid little attention to the TV and just chatted a bit and (like voxman said) I zoned out.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Was asleep during 90 percent of all three procedures. Secret is not to sleep the night before. Surgery day is a vacation day for me...don’t have to answer my phone, emails, or work. I honestly look forward to it for that as much as the hair I’ll gain.

Wouldn’t want to bother the surgeon or techs by talking to them while they were working anyways.

This will actually depend on which clinic you go to, as some provide entertainment such as DVDs and music while some prefer to have a quiet atmosphere.

Ask your surgeon and clinic what the typical experience will be like for patients there.

And agree with Matt, try to cut the small talk especially with the surgeon during the procedure itself.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)