MarkWestonHair Treatment

ct1974

Mark, I am wanting to get more information on your treatment but a BIG factor in this is the ingredients of your ink. I have researched your method and how you have patented your needles, etc. The main information for me is the INK. I want to know what the INK is made of in detail and not just "carbon" based. I've read enough on the horror story of others and possible correlation to illness on various threads so as a consumer, I would like to be able to know the detail make up of the ink I would get on my scalp. All food products go though FDA and labels are applied thus I expect the same in this industry. Can you provide the community more information other than "carbon" based and provide the "INGREDIENTS" section? Who has certified your ink as safe for use? I am interested in your procedure simply because it is permanent, but I want to be more educated on the actual ingredient I put in my body. Thanks for additional information.

Mark, I am wanting to get more information on your treatment but a BIG factor in this is the ingredients of your ink. I have researched your method and how you have patented your needles, etc. The main information for me is the INK. I want to know what the INK is made of in detail and not just "carbon" based. I've read enough on the horror story of others and possible correlation to illness on various threads so as a consumer, I would like to be able to know the detail make up of the ink I would get on my scalp. All food products go though FDA and labels are applied thus I expect the same in this industry. Can you provide the community more information other than "carbon" based and provide the "INGREDIENTS" section? Who has certified your ink as safe for use? I am interested in your procedure simply because it is permanent, but I want to be more educated on the actual ingredient I put in my body. Thanks for additional information.

If I posted my specific ingredients publically, I would be giving away part of my patented system. I am sure you can understand. Unfortunately, the FDA does not regulate tattoo inks/pigments nor cosmetic pigments. The FDA does however, regulate some of the ingredients used in cosmetic pigments, only because they are some of the same ingredients used in cosmetics. I have voluntarily submitted my pigments to the FDA almost seven years in an to attempt to set the standard for pigments used for scalp micropigmentation. (on my SMART Pigment page).

I do not utilize ink, I utilize pigment. I would suggest for more information visit my website regarding SMART Pigments or contact me personally. Reiterating much of the information that is on my website would be repetitive. You may also wish to see my post here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187922-very-important-read-post2521063.html#post2521063

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

ct1974....since you are interested in the subject....you may like to look at this link:.

ps: thank you for asking your question...

https://www.realself.com/question/nyack-ny-the-risks-smp-micropigmentation-ink-the-body-and-its-side-effects-fue

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

So the pigment you use in your Smart Pigments are patented? Wouldn't having a system or pigment / ink require the ingredients to be listed out in order for it to be patented? Maybe I need to look at that patent for clarity. Also, what is the submitted FDA name in this under? Thanks again.

So the pigment you use in your Smart Pigments are patented? Wouldn't having a system or pigment / ink require the ingredients to be listed out in order for it to be patented? Maybe I need to look at that patent for clarity. Also, what is the submitted FDA name in this under? Thanks again.

My pigments are not patented, I said they were (part) of my system. My method of application and needles are patented. The pigments were submitted voluntarily under Artistry Concepts. The only response you will get back is that the "FDA is not regulating tattoo pigments at this time." That's all they tell my office when we try and follow up but my office remains persistent. I have nothing to hide that's why I chose to submit them voluntarily. Pigments are not on their priority list at all at this time but I keep trying. The ingredients of my pigments are listed on the labels pursuant to Department of Health laws. But the specific carbon ingredients are not required or need to be disclosed.

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

what would you say is the primary difference in a pigment and an ink?

This link may indirectly shed some light on these issues:

https://www.enrichclinic.com.au/why-isnt-regular-tattoo-ink-used-in-cosmeticpermanent-tattoos/

• 1 month later...

that's the problem you cannot get enough information bec they don't want to give the treatment away for others to copy, etc

Do they make you sign a health disclaimer form before treatment?

How would one remove it if they needed to?

Also I hear it can effect MRI scans

https://www.livescience.com/32801-do-mri-machines-affect-tattoos.html

• 4 weeks later...

Without more information on the ink itself and its content, I will simply can NOT participate in something potentially hazardous to health. Mark, I would suggest you pay or submit your ink to a reputable government agency or independent lab to certify that the content and chemical make up for your ink is safe. Without current government oversee on these type of chemicals used by practitioners, it is very concerning. Consumers must and should know what they are putting on their head is safe - period. This goes for all SMP. I like your procedure simply because it is permanent and no maintenance, but safety first.

Without more information on the ink itself and its content, I will simply can NOT participate in something potentially hazardous to health. Mark, I would suggest you pay or submit your ink to a reputable government agency or independent lab to certify that the content and chemical make up for your ink is safe. Without current government oversee on these type of chemicals used by practitioners, it is very concerning. Consumers must and should know what they are putting on their head is safe - period. This goes for all SMP. I like your procedure simply because it is permanent and no maintenance, but safety first.

Understood, but my pigments are safe as I know all the ingredients that go into them and what those ingredients are derived from. There is no chemical makeup. They are also all vegan and contain no animal by-products. And yes, the FDA is supposed to be a "reputable government agency." That is why I had submitted my pigments to the FDA years ago. If I was afraid of what they would find, I certainly would not have volunteered them for screening. I have been an advocate of FDA approved pigments for scalp micropigmentation for years. Can't do anymore than that. Most commercially available pigments available in the US are banned in other countries such as the UK because of their chemical make-up, but most SMP-MS practitioners continue to use them anyway. You are certainly not expected to participate in anything you are leery of and your opinion is appreciated. Ahh, the grocery store, food labels are enough to make anyone go on a starvation diet......

Edited by MarkWestonHair