Opinions on Dr. Carlos Wesley?

Hi all,

I was wondering what you guys thought about Dr. Carlos Wesley. I'm interested in going to him for a repair of my donor area, and have heard great things about him, including some repairs he's done on other people's donor areas. I've narrowed it down to him and one more clinic.

Anyone had experience with him, good or bad?

Thanks

I think Dr. Wesley is highly underrated on these forums as I don't see many people here talking about him, but his work is top-notch and I'm always very impressed by his results. His work is very natural and he seems to get excellent results with a conservative number of grafts.

I tried once to go for an in-person consultation with Dr. Wesley but they were booked for months ahead of time, which is surprising considering they're one of the few clinics that charge for the consultation. I suspect he's in high demand in NYC.

No personal experience either but I too am a big fan of his shared work here. Met a patient of his and the work was natural and very well done. I think his price point scares off potential patients, if he was in the same range as other elite docs I think he'd be one of the more popular docs on this forum but to be the man in NY has some expenses that he's gotta work into his bottom line.

I have had several consults with Dr. W and a PRP treatment. He is a top notch in terms of customer care, knowledge of industry trends, explaining the science in layman's terms, and being open about results and expectations. Great office too in the heart of NYC. Very high marks for the man.

• 2 weeks later...

I have admired Dr. Wesley....seems like a doctor that is interested in cutting edge stuff....and appears to be on the younger side....he would be on the list of doctors I would consider in the future.

This alone about Dr. Wesley is pretty impressive:

Carlos K. Wesley, MD - EDUCATION

PRINCETON UNIVERSITY: Graduated cum laude, AB Molecular Biology, 1997.

Thesis topic: “Molecular and Cellular Characterization of Stem Cell-Specific Clones”

YALE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE: Graduated 2005.

Thesis topic: “Effects of Endothelial Progenitor Cells on Dorsal Flap Survival”

YALE-NEW HAVEN HOSPITAL: Internship 2005.

Department of Surgery.

YALE-NEW HAVEN HOSPITAL: Residency Training 2006-07.

Department of Surgery (Emergency Medicine).

INTNL SOC. OF HAIR RESTORATION SURGERY: Fellowship Training 2007-08.

Private Practice: Unger, MD, P.C.

(Princeton #1 University in US according to US News Ranking)

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/princeton-university-2627

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.