Dr Camilo Diaz - Birmingham UK

Brum1980

I am currently in discussions to have FUE treatment (2000 grafts) with Dr Camilo Diaz. I am going it through Elite Hair Restoration based in Birmingham, but he also works for a few other companies and locations in the UK, including Birmingham City Hospital. Does anyone know if he is any good at FUE procedures?

I am looking to have my hair done at his Leamington Spa surgery.

I can not find reviews of him anywhere, so if anyone knows anything, I would very much welcome your comments.

Many thanks

Brum1980

Never heard of him. I would be very wary of having work done unless you have reviewed previous cases and seen the results. You don't want to be a guinea pig for a newbie.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Thanks. He is definitely not new. I have read that he has been doing them for several years, but that does not suggest he is good at it. I was hoping someone must have had Fue done by him. He works UK wide , but mainly in london, manchester and Birmimgham

Never heard of him, but that doesn't mean he may not be good...that said, there are known commodities who are for sure good. This isn't the surgery to be taking chances. Have you looked into Dr Ball, or the Farjo clinic? both have shown consistent quality results. Unless you can find good patient reports on this doctor I would consider expanding your search.

Hey op, it seems like if you come here everyone on this forum only reccomend a few doctors like the above poster. I think the surgeons promoted on this forum are paying to be reccomend, I know people who’ve had shocking results by surgeons promoted in this forum and pay an absolute fortune for their HT, so I wouldn’t count out any surgeon until you’ve met and are comfortable with them regardless of what a forum like this says as it’s extreemly biased. Yes I’ve not heard of this surgeon either but you know what that doesn’t mean he’s not good,he’s just not marketed himself well like other surgeons here. If they have good post op pics at their Clinic and are registered with the care quality commission that’s a good start.

Hey op, it seems like if you come here everyone on this forum only reccomend a few doctors like the above poster. I think the surgeons promoted on this forum are paying to be reccomend, I know people who’ve had shocking results by surgeons promoted in this forum and pay an absolute fortune for their HT, so I wouldn’t count out any surgeon until you’ve met and are comfortable with them regardless of what a forum like this says as it’s extreemly biased. Yes I’ve not heard of this surgeon either but you know what that doesn’t mean he’s not good,he’s just not marketed himself well like other surgeons here. If they have good post op pics at their Clinic and are registered with the care quality commission that’s a good start.

Don't come here and try to make us sound like we're shilling for any doctors. Any doctor that is on this forum has gone thru an approval process and after approval there is a fee to remain on that list but you'll find many of us, myself included have criticized approved docs and think the list needs to be pruned and only recommend certain ones that we think highly of. I had one of my own procedures with a doc who isn't approved here but has a long track record of consistent quality results. There is no financial incentive for any of us to push any doc, other than reps who have to openly state that on their signatures.. The motive for the majority of us is to not see anybody go thru a bad procedure and all that results from that. Some of us have experienced that trauma others talked to and know members who have so we're trying to stop anybody else from experiencing that. You've been here for a minute and make this kind of post, totally disrespectful. I told him to tread carefully that was it, if he doesn't find proper feedback don't take chances, and suggested some other options to look at if he can't find feedback. If you're going to trust a clinics post op pics, you're naive, real patient feedback is vital, any clinic can put up a couple good pics and hide their butchered works.

Edited by mikeyhwk

I think you need to take a chill pill, I have had friends who’ve used some of the approved doctors on This site who’ve had shocking results and then went to non approved doctors with amazing results. I was simply pointing out that this forum is highly biased.

Hi David,

A lot of patient reviews on this site are written by patients wanting to give something back for the amazing experience they have had at the hands of their surgeon. This is not marketing, it's independent customer feedback. Only a small percentage of patients including myself will feel the need to give something back this way. Therefore it is natural to see a red flag when not one patient has made the effort to write a review thanking a particular doctor on the world's biggest online hair forum, or any online forum for that matter.

If they have had successful repair work done then again is that not even more of an incentive for them to big up their doctor and give something back.

I do understand where your bias statement comes from, you only have to read my own review to see the blatant evidence of trolling, but hopefully this has somewhat died down over the past year or so.

There is certainly no evidence I have experienced of any bias from any posters on this thread.

I am actually quite close to Birmingham and only 15 minutes drive from Royal Leamington Spa, I meet a lot of patients so I for one will listen out for any experiences at the mentioned clinic. I hope they are all good.

Edited by Shera

Hi Shera, i appreciate the clarification and totally agree we need to big up the doctors who do good works. But i've seen so many people on this forum just put down doctors who are not part of "the magic circle" even if their work is really good... i personally feel that's wrong and completely unethical.. people who big up the less known doctors are rudely dismissed as if they work for the doctor in some capacity when its just not the case.

Thanks for the comments. I have talked to a few of the popular surgeons and no doubt these people are good, but the treatment will cost approx 12k as opposed to the 5.5k I have been quoted for 2000 grafts. I can get cheaper but I have now met Dr Diaz and he seems nice and knowledgable. He is experienced at FUE and has a plastic surgery / dermatology background. I don’t believe there is any way I can truly find out if he is good or not, but in balancing price against hopefully a good result, I am tempted to go with him.

Am still thinking, but I really want to have the surgery soon, so will hold out a few more days just in case anyone has experience of him.

I think you need to take a chill pill, I have had friends who’ve used some of the approved doctors on This site who’ve had shocking results and then went to non approved doctors with amazing results. I was simply pointing out that this forum is highly biased.

I think you need to show a little more respect, you come in to use the site and it's members and then shit talk both. Yup, I'm going to take some offense to that. If you had friends with shocking results tell them to post up, the more of the docs that don't deserve to be here that we can weed out the better, shit work needs to be exposed. There is no magic circle nonsense... there are shit doctors on the approved list, there are amazing docs on the approved list, there are shit docs not approved, there are amazing docs not approved. The list is a resource, a starting point for people to begin their research. It is by no means the definitive guide to hair transplant surgeons.

Almost to a man on this site, you'll find members who recommend surgeons not approved here but there is no bias in saying a doc like Dr Bhatti, since Sheras in here I'll use him an example, is a good doctor, his approval isn't spurring that comment, he's done thousands of hair transplants, he's got consistent quality results, he's got patient experience reports by the truck load, he's earned his stripes, his being approved is the last reason I would say he's a good doctor. Dr Konior is one of the best surgeons in the world at both procedures, I can't say that because he's approved, it sets off your conspiracy radar? You also can bet to a man no member here has said every approved doctor is elite and are all at the same level... As I said earlier I went to a non approved doc, Dr Lorenzo, imo the best fue doc in the game with Couto, another non approved doc and I recommend Dr Keser as a top 5 fue surgeon almost daily, not approved, DeFreitas top 5 regularly not approved and you'll find many members praising docs not here all over the forum.

If we don't know a doctor and there is no track record on a doctor we may say as I did tread carefully, if you can't find info don't gamble, look into some docs where you can find feedback. If a doc does great work, the word gets out but it may take time, take for example Dr Nader from Mexico, when he first started out some including myself were skeptical we had a couple patients pushing this doc, I remember one asking if he should get his own forum in here lol so it seemed shady but the results continued to roll in... time showed he was legit, and that's all we try to do is vet any doctor. We want to know about new and talented docs but the vetting process isn't immediate for most of us definitely not me, if I see a doc whose name I haven't heard I will take note and watch for more info, but im not comfortable recommending a doc with one positive patient feedback over one I know is good and has 100+ patient experience logs. We do tend to go back to what we know but that isn't out of bias it's cause we don't want to be the one saying go chance it and seeing some guy with a terrible procedure on our advice.

You said "you've seen so many people on this forum just put down doctors who are not part of "the magic circle" even if their work is really good" show me. Provide some proof of members saying a non forum doctor who does great work isn't good? ...if you're going to make that claim you better back it up.

Thanks for the comments. I have talked to a few of the popular surgeons and no doubt these people are good, but the treatment will cost approx 12k as opposed to the 5.5k I have been quoted for 2000 grafts. I can get cheaper but I have now met Dr Diaz and he seems nice and knowledgable. He is experienced at FUE and has a plastic surgery / dermatology background. I don’t believe there is any way I can truly find out if he is good or not, but in balancing price against hopefully a good result, I am tempted to go with him.

Am still thinking, but I really want to have the surgery soon, so will hold out a few more days just in case anyone has experience of him.

If cost is an issue have you considered the option of traveling? Belgium and Spain both have some of the finest fue docs in the world and will be at a price point that is far more favorable than the UK. It might be a little more than you'd pay with Diaz but you'd end up with known commodity vs one you're hoping will work out and still save you thousands. The flights are short and cheap and hotels usually included in the surgery price so it could be a good compromise.

Ok you make a good point. I was eager to have it done quick as now is a good time work wise, but maybe I should delay it and research it better. If I can get it done in Spain or wherever at a good price, but by a well known surgeon, then I guess I would be happier than taking a risk. That said, Dr Diaz could be fine. Something to think about for sure. Thanks

Ok you make a good point. I was eager to have it done quick as now is a good time work wise, but maybe I should delay it and research it better. If I can get it done in Spain or wherever at a good price, but by a well known surgeon, then I guess I would be happier than taking a risk. That said, Dr Diaz could be fine. Something to think about for sure. Thanks

I'd highly advise against going with such an unknown quantity. Why would you let someone near your head that no one on here has heard of? It's madness. Don't chase the price my friend.

Spot on Mikey. I'm on here because I want to help people going through the same thing. We all know how horrible hairloss is so David you should be careful in your assumptions. I must have ready 100 review on doc Bhatti before deciding. 100 were not all great. But no one's are. You have to weigh it all up. Having been on here a while some people don't know what hts are. They think there magic. So when they don't have chewbacca like hair 1 month on they all complain

OP - you're not going for a haircut. While things can go wrong and people can be unlucky don't be a schmuck. So many people complain after. Arm yourself with as much knowledge before going through with an op. You want to know what your getting into. Don't just trust someone because they're a doctor. Get all the info then decide. We're lucky we have forums like this.

I have decided to prospone the surveys for 6 to 12 months to look into it more. I want a good surgeon, but money is a factor. I something think it might be worth taking a bit of a risk, if I can have surgery done for 6k ish rather than 12k plus. I really want it done in the uk. I may look into who is both good and cheap to do it.

Hi Brum

I am glad you have decided to wait. Doctor Rassman said to me over twenty years ago a `good decision today is a good decision tomorrow`

A lot of guys, me included by the way are deemed as repair clients. This is something you want to avoid, how old are you? have you got any pictures of your hair? Is this something that you really want to get into, most people continue balding for life and need procedure after procedure.

Money does not come into it if you need repair work as once you have exhausted your donor it is game over

You need to look outside of the UK as Mikey said Belgium is a hotbed of FUE talent and your budget should see you ok, also enquire about standby options. The eurostar and budget flights make it easily accessable to attend last minute.

I have no idea of your hairloss however I would keep the numbers low have FUE only into the forelock and assess the results after 18 months. This will give you options going forward

All the best

ej

Lol. Some really sensitive 'senior members on this forum. Their titles and self exoneration is laughable. Taking money from surgeons/clinics whilst claiming impartiality and expertise. a surgeon who is listed on a forum by incentivised experts doesn't make the surgeon great. It merely means he has enough in his pocket to pay for his marketing expenses.

Some of the so-called experts or surgeons repeatedly mentioned on here like Farjo, the guy is bald as a babies arse yet he is constant flagged up here as being amongst the best. Why is he so bald? Look at his donor area? Is there no one who can fix his botched hair transplant? every country has decent surgeons. FUE surgery isn't rocket science, it's a fairly consistent procedure. There are plenty of people postin on social media, twitter and in whatsapp groups highlighting bad surgery from so called good surgeons. These so called top surgoens havebeen in the business long enough to have used hundreds of patients as guinea pigs whilst charging a fortune. Now they can pay for forums and experts on forums who get referral fees.

There is no way to say who is a great surgeon and who isn't (the bad ones are obvious). if I was a surgeon (good ornbad) I would ask dozens of patients to leave me good reviews and offer them incentives. No surgeon in private medicine is publishing his data on success or failure rates, only incentivsed positive reviews.

Plenty of good clinics out there and of course plenty to avoid. Go and see a number of clinics yourself and ask to speak to any of there patients who are willing to be interviewed. Then decide yourself. Forums like this help but aren't gospel in any way.

Edited by PhilHemingway
typo

Agree with the last sentence.

Probably a good idea to speak to patients. Unfortunately for some people don't searching here is difficult so not sure how they're going to go with that. If you think what a big deal it is it's a good idea

And yes I'm a bit 'sensitive' . I did my research had a ht didn't get paid by anyone and I'm just giving my honest feedback. Then if I have guys like you going 'you're all getting paid to say that' I'm going to be a bit miffed. You're almost discouraging honest people from commenting because you don't trust anyone.

[

Some of the so-called experts or surgeons repeatedly mentioned on here like Farjo, the guy is bald as a babies arse yet he is constant flagged up here as being amongst the best. Why is he so bald? Look at his donor area? Is there no one who can fix his botched hair transplant? every country has decent surgeons. FUE surgery isn't rocket science, it's a fairly consistent procedure. There are plenty of people postin on social media, twitter and in whatsapp groups highlighting bad surgery from so called good surgeons. These so called top surgoens havebeen in the business long enough to have used hundreds of patients as guinea pigs whilst charging a fortune. Now they can pay for forums and experts on forums who get referral fees.

good to see Phill has examined Dr farjos donor area though, and knows how to fix it ! All hail Phil the hair transplant god with 8 posts .....

lmao this is such a joke. 2 guys come on the forum calling the rest of us shills and back each other up. Phil backs David in this thread pushing the same agenda and David and the other 1 post guy are the only ones who know the great work of Phils clinic. On top of it Phils calling out a Dr for not having hair, is downright disrespectful and has no bearing on his skill as a dr. Can we get an ip check, these guys are one in the same.

Lol @ ip address. Talk about paranoia. Get out a bit more fella.

Why can't I call out a doctor for not having good hair, especially if he has undergone a hair transplant, owns a well known chain. The surgeon often criticises clinics in UK and abroad. As a patient my first thought is kettle, pot, black.

I'm not in any way saying Dr Farjo can't do good operations, he probably can (by now). There's an obvious theme amongst a few hair transplant forums and social media sites that seem to promote the same surgeons and clinics. Whenever a new surgeon or clinic is introduced regardless of which country, there is a siege mentality by the 'experts'. People should be aware of bad surgeons, bad clinics and also incentivised forums.

[

good to see Phill has examined Dr farjos donor area though, and knows how to fix it ! All hail Phil the hair transplant god with 8 posts .....

Ok let me make1000 posts so I can also bask in the self annointed seats of expertise.

Didn't claim I could fix it but as a patient I would want to know why the person selling me something hasn't got the end result himself. Is that so sacrilegious to ask?

I agree some my posts may seem 'a little aggressive' ej. The reason for my tone is down to the fact that having made an honest attempt to post my experience (as a novice on hair network forums) I got instantly labelled a scam and was making one or two e pert/guru people sick. I wasn't even allowed to finish my story before I was damned. Of course I would take offence to that.

When I highlight obvious discrepancies about surgeons, clinics and patient/clinic advocates disguised as hair restoration experts, people take offence yet feel within their moral right to criticise every one else who recommends a surgeon or clinic outside their referral network. People should be allowed to read every post and recommendation and make an informed decision themselves.

I criticised one Dr. Because he was constantly mentioned as a great surgeon. I don't have any particular issue with that surgeon, seems like a nice chap. Just not quite the messiah they say he is on here. As are a number of other surgeons (imo). The surgeon that I had my procedure with ( Dr Shujal) in my opiniin did a great job, i had great rapor with him and am happy with my results thus far. I didnt diss anybody in my inital posts.

People should be allowed to critique and praise surgeons without fear of reprimand, otherwise a forum fails to do what it is inherently meant to.

Hope you all had a great weekend.