Jump to content
cool525

Additional options to Finesteride and Topical Rogaine?

Recommended Posts

Hi All:

 

I have been taking Finesteride 2.5mg (half a tablet of 5mg) once every other day. Also I use daily at night topical Rogaine. I have been so far maintaining my hair loss through surgery etc, however recently I have started taking Adderall 30mg for my attention deficit issues which I need to continue taking. I have noticed that Finesteride and Rogaine have stopped helping me, and my hair are falling crazy (side effect of Adderall probably, since it can constrict peripheral blood flow)

 

I have been advised oral Minoxidil (since it vasodilates peripheral tissue) though I dont feel like taking it due to water retention - weight gain and swelling significant risk. I currently am in great shape and would like to keep trim.

 

I am also trying PRP treatments - which help amazing though their effects fade on me very quickly in like 2 months, and then my hair loss continues. Are there any powerful agents (may it be experimental) that I can try, I have heard about 'Uridine' that produces ATP (similar to PRP) however benefit of taking it being it stays in your system constantly.

 

Anyone heard on Uridine or any other more effective things to try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hair loss seems to have slowly progressed esp since stopping fin.

 

I don't think any type of meds will make a huge enough / noticeable difference so I will be stopping them too, no point risking sides and spending money.

 

My only options at the moment seems to be smp or buzz it down till I can then shave or keep the u shape.

 

Also now I have 3 months of unused supply of propicea (finestride) left what do I do with that?

Edited by Rashid36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a good experience with meds Rashid36. I get roughly about 5% reduction in hairloss from Propecia, and maybe 5% less hairloss from Rogaine. Together it accounts for like 10% less hairloss :) I had surgical restoration and I would say 20% of my hairgrafts grew (I personally dont believe those 95% graft growth rate claims to be true).

I am quite happy with the surgery results and would not live a day without the meds :) Finesteride is dirt-cheap, Rogaine is bit pricey but still .... my hair is worth it :)

 

Good luck, stay positive regardless of which path you take (meds or head-shave).

 

Any Researchers out here? that have tried any compounds, hormones, meds?

 

My hair loss seems to have slowly progressed esp since stopping fin.

 

I don't think any type of meds will make a huge enough / noticeable difference so I will be stopping them too, no point risking sides and spending money.

 

My only options at the moment seems to be smp or buzz it down till I can then shave or keep the u shape.

 

Also now I have 3 months of unused supply of propicea (finestride) left what do I do with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had much improvement / slow down from meds but they were not enough to make a huge enough difference in my case and stage of hair loss. I guess only a ht's can do that but then it's the sides and I don't want to have a ht if it is dependent on meds which give sides and I have to take for many years...

 

Now I hear even minoxidil can have sides and used over number of years...

 

(when I was on fin it was the best thing nothing was more effective)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×