I started Finasteride

memzinla

Ahh! I'm a little nervous, and wondering if I made the right choice.

I started Finasteride. I got the 1mb pills from ForHims.com. I only want to take one pill on MWF. I hope I have no sides.

I got a hair transplant 4 weeks ago, and want thicker hair. Can't wait to see results!

It's the right decision for the long term best interest of your hair. Stop stressing, you made the right call. You are better off trying it, if you're one of the small percentage that get sides then at least you know but odds are well in your favor that you'll benefit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
what is MWF??

Matt, its short form for Monday, Weds and Friday. :)

I've been taking Propecia 1mg MWF since September last year and although I didn't see any growth with it (i really didn't expect to be honest considering the level of loss i had), it has helped me manage to keep the little that I did have and maybe helping me further since my procedure back in December.

Honestly, i echo the above. Try it out and dont fret as someone mentioned above the mind is powerful and makes you think all sorts. Go in with a positive mind and you'll be fine.

Hi MattyNJ,

MWF stands for (M)onday, (W)ednesday and (F)riday and it simply means one just takes finasteride those 3 days during the week.

As far as I know, this approach has two benefits, the first one is that it may prevent/lessen side effects and secondly you do not really need to take it every day because the drug half-life is about 6 hours[Finasteride], hence, if you take 1.25mg on Monday you will still have approximately 0.15mg[1.25/(48/6)] by the time you take another 1.25mg.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Matt, its short form for Monday, Weds and Friday. :)

I've been taking Propecia 1mg MWF since September last year and although I didn't see any growth with it (i really didn't expect to be honest considering the level of loss i had), it has helped me manage to keep the little that I did have and maybe helping me further since my procedure back in December.

Honestly, i echo the above. Try it out and dont fret as someone mentioned above the mind is powerful and makes you think all sorts. Go in with a positive mind and you'll be fine.

I think the follicle dies 1 year and maybe even less, after the last hair from it falls (every new hair from the same follicle becomes thinner and thinner, until it suddenly stops growing).So don't wait some hair to grow with the help of Propecia where there was no hair for a long time, just there no longer follicles.

Hi MattyNJ,

MWF stands for (M)onday, (W)ednesday and (F)riday and it simply means one just takes finasteride those 3 days during the week.

As far as I know, this approach has two benefits, the first one is that it may prevent/lessen side effects and secondly you do not really need to take it every day because the drug half-life is about 6 hours[Finasteride], hence, if you take 1.25mg on Monday you will still have approximately 0.15mg[1.25/(48/6)] by the time you take another 1.25mg.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Thanks ...got it.

If i go back on Fin, i will concider .25-.50 MTW and see if at leasts stops the hair fall...

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

• 2 years later...