Uneven growth. One side looks amazing.

Hi everyone,

I am currently 7 months after my surgery.

I received 2500 grafts in the frontal third.

Now at 7 months, there is a disparity between the 2 sides. They look like they belong to different people.

Split down the middle perfectly.

My right side looks like its at 9 months progress.

My left side looks like its at 5 months.

The right side has a strong hairline and is generally thick to the point you are not touching the scalp when you press down on it.

The left side has a patchy hairline with much thinner coverage.

There are however a lot of thin white hairs present.

Could anyone offer some insight?

I have heard of sort of uneven growth, but I am surprised by own case. Everything seemed normal at around 4 months.

Now at 7 the one side is awesome and the other is so thin its obviously uneven.

If both sides looked like my good right side I would think I had the best transplant imaginable.

Hey Dan. Definitely post some pictures so you can get more specific feedback.

Have you reached out to your surgeon about this? I would definitely do that in addition to seeking advice here.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Every now and then we here of this type of regrowth where one side is not responding with timely regrowth as well as the other.

This is not untypical and may be attributed to the blood flow in that part of the recipient area. In most cases, it will come through, it's a matter of time.

Hang in there and keep us posted...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

I'm having the exact same issue at 6 months... Right side is noticeably thicker & darker than the left. I'm assuming it's because of the shockloss & regrowth patterns, & it's also all growing on old scar tissue. The right side started coming off within just a few weeks postop, while the left didn't completely come off until a couple of weeks after that. So ever since, the right side has been consistently faster in growth, while the left side was taking its sweet time. The top has been taking longer to darken up too. They're all starting to slowly fill in, & I'm seeing & feeling new hairs pop up all the time. I've been taking pics every month, so I know there IS a lot of progress. But yah, it would be SO much nicer if it all grew just like the right side!

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017