1st HT with a cheap doctor, then 2nd with expensive doctor?

I've been researching hair transplants for over a year now. I'm probably a 4 on the Norwood scale. I've been thinking about going to Dr. Cinik. He charges 2000euros flat for the transplant under 5000 grafts (I'm told I'll need around 3,500). He has some decent reviews on these forums, but I know he's not one of the best.

I was thinking maybe I could go to him to get the bulk part of my head filled in, then after a year evaluate it. Then afterwards I could book with one of the famous surgeons like Erdogan, where I will just need touch ups done and maybe the hairline "mastered".

Does this seem like a plausible situation? Assuming the first doctor doesn't completely fuck up my head, it seems like a good idea?

any advice is appreciated!

I can't speak for your choice of doctors, but what you're suggesting sounds like have a bad transplant followed by a good one. That doesn't sound like a good strategy to me. Grafts are permanent.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

This strategy is flawed in many ways.

1. You are either convinced of a clinic or you aren't. If you aren't you should not waste precious grafts and have a bad results for yeas.

2. Erdogan is great but he is the man for big construction work an not fine tuning

I can't speak for your choice of doctors, but what you're suggesting sounds like have a bad transplant followed by a good one. That doesn't sound like a good strategy to me. Grafts are permanent.

Not really a bad one. Like I trust the first one will be good, I just don't think he's not on Erdogan's level of expertise.

Nooooooooo! lol

Just don't do it.

This has lead to many people wasting both their hard earned money and their limited donor area supply.

Those who do this end up posting their horror stories on here and asking us how to fix this shit.

If you really want to be cheap, have an amazing surgeon do your hairline and frontal third, then get the rest filled in behind that by some 2nd tier doctor - I'm not recommending you do this actually but it's a less insane alternative.

But whatever you do don't mess with the front with any surgeon who is not truly top tier. You will regret it for life.

Check out Maras in Cyprus (and maybe (??) even Nader in Mexico) before doing what you're considering.

Maras produces damn good work and is not all that expensive.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Check out Maras in Cyprus (and maybe (??) even Nader in Mexico) before doing what you're considering.

Maras produces damn good work and is not all that expensive.

Are you recommending these 2 doctors? Are they good?

Are you recommending these 2 doctors? Are they good?

I'm recommending the OP doesn't proceed with his plan, and that he instead research other options.

Maras is pretty good and under the radar.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Not really a bad one. Like I trust the first one will be good, I just don't think he's not on Erdogan's level of expertise.

You mention 3500 grafts. A procedure of that size can be nailed in one. Are you saying that you need more grafts? Do you have quite an advanced balding pattern?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Nothing can replace the proven skills of the best HT surgeons.

One thing is for sure...if the results are not favorable, you cannot reverse your decision...:confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I can understand what you talking about .. hair transplant surgery is expensive .. u have to get the most value for ur money... but I think u should I should get the top of the line doctor an A surgeon that is more expensive to do the hairline around 1400 grafts . Since it’s the most important. .. then later on u can go to a B+ physician or out of country one that charges less to do the midscalp n reinforce the hairline for around 2600 grafts .. cuz who wants to pay for the whole 4000 grafts at around $8 = $32,000 .. not everyone is rich ..

— I’m planning on doing around 1200 grafts n choose an expensive doctor like diep $10 graft or Baubac or mohebi $8 a graft.. for my first procedure . Around $10,000.. . then down the line when my mid scalp loses hair n some of the remaining native on the hairline .. that will require another 2000-2500 grafts .. imma going overseas for that ..probably Nader in Mexico or some top surgeons in turkey erdogan..

. $2.50 -$5 a a graft = for around $5000-$6000.. so in total for my lifetime transplant spending around $17,000 for hair .. .. I can justify that’s money well spent n worth it ..

- so yeah I think u got the right idea .. but spend the most money on the hairline first u need less

Grafts n a top doc for that .. since it’s the hardest to get right .. the midscalp is easier .. a A- or B+ doctor should be able to handle that..

Or go out out of buisiness ..

• 4 months later...

I understand what people are saying in this thread but I didn't think Dr. Cinik was that bad of a doctor. He's on my short list of good doctors based on my research.

I also need about 3500 grafts and I am considering going with Dr. Cinik.

It's always a good idea to look at multiple HT surgeons work and skills before making a final decision...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Regardless if doctor is cheap or expensive, it may work for you, it may not. As long as a doctor has a proper surgical protocol, your chances of success may be better. You can go to a doctor that charges more and still be a repair patient. Certain expensive doctors do not even do all aspects of the surgery as techs and nurses may do surgical aspects. So, cheap vs expensive does not matter, what matters is the surgical protocol and ethics. Proceed carefully.

Wish you the best and good luck.