Who has heard anything about laser hair therapy?

Anet

I found this device called grivamax. It supposes to help you fighting baldness, they gave me a coupon grivamax2018 for a discount. Is it worth buying? It's a great deal $ 500 off, just wondering about the effectiveness of laser therapy. Maybe someone has tried it already? I'm interested to hear your experiences.

Edited by Admin
External Link removed

I'e heard a lot about it over the years, but nothing good. I would avoid.

There is nothing wrong with trying a hair laser. Many come w/6 month guarantee or money back.

Nothing good huh hair rep guy? Whatever...

Women respond BEST to laser since they usually have hair all over their head and have thicker and more dense natural heads of hair than men - on average.

Even transplant docs advising for laser will tell you the same thing.

There is nothing wrong with trying a hair laser. Many come w/6 month guarantee or money back.

Women respond BEST to laser since they usually have hair all over their head and have thicker and more dense natural heads of hair than men - on average.

Even transplant docs advising for laser will tell you the same thing.

If there is evidence that they work then I am happy to see it. I'm not against this sort of treatment or any treatment that works.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I'e heard a lot about it over the years, but nothing good. I would avoid.

I have to agree with Matt here. I've personally not seen any positive results from laser alone (I've had friends/acquaintances/family members used it with varying degrees of hair loss). I haven't seen any female's try it though.

I guess if there is a money back guarantee it can't hurt right?

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Hi .. I had the capillus laser cap for 6 months .. bought it for $800.. I was hoping it would work , but my hair continued to shed n gotten thinner due to MPB. The laser didn’t seem to do much .. So after the 6 month guarantee .. I returned it n got my money back . Minus the $200 restocking fee .. so I got back $600 .. I don’t care about the money , it was the waste of time .. during those 6 months I should of been on FDA approved drugs ..like finasteride ..

I would of kept more of my hAir instead of wasting 6 months on trying the laser

Cap n natural supplements .. in theory I thought it would work , since lasers can grow plants , like tomatoes n marijuana etc ..

- I mean I still hope that it would work but out of experience I found that it didn’t .. I have diffuse thinning and a full head of hair , a Norwood 1, now I’m a Norwood 2 .. I was hoping it would thicken up my thinning hair n make it thicker , but it didn’t ..

— n I was reading up on a post from Doctor Feller , he has a YouTube video where he experimented with the laser , he put a piece of paper in front of the laser light n the laser didn’t penetrate it , instead the laser spread out ,.. so out of that experiment I know for sure it doesn’t work .. because if it can’t penetrate the paper , how can it penetrate into your skin which is much thicker n denser than paper . So the laser light won’t be able to reach your hair follicle which is deeper into the skin .. there’s no point on the laser touching you hair right ? Since ur hAir is already dead .. it needs to reach the hair follicle for there to be any benefits .. n if it can’t do that , then it doesn’t work .. simple as that ..

Save ur money n time .. until they can make better lasers that can penetrate through the skin .. what I said makes sense ?

There is nothing wrong with trying a hair laser.

Women ... have thicker and more dense natural heads of hair than men - on average.

I have not seen a single scientific study which proves that laser helps against hairloss.

And women do not (!) have thicker and more dense natural heads of hair (as long as their is no hairloss yet).

As far as I know the hairmax laser combe is the only one that is FDA approved for hairloss. If they have FDA approval surely there are studies?

I've used the hairmax laser combe twice, each time for over a year at a time and have used it as prescribed. I definitely notice my hair is thicker and I shed less hair. For me it didn't regrow any new hair on my hairline that I lost. I would say they are worth a shot and not to be viewed as if it will be as good as finasteride. You need to really use it for a year to be able to see any difference, I'd also recommend taking good quality photos, I wish I had.

As for cost my laser combe is probably one of the cheapest things I've tried. I bought mine second hand on ebay for 100 pounds and I know if I don't want it I can sell it again for about the same amount.

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

If lasers do have any benefit at all, they still can't be expected to halt hairloss and like the more established treatments (Finasteride, etc.) the laser might work better for some people than others.

So basically, what I'm saying is, continued hairloss isn't necessarily proof that lasers don't work.

But I still don't think they that they do.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

As I said don't expect it to be as good as finasteride and yes you're correct I don't think they work for everyone, to be fair it's the same with all treatments really. I do feel like the laser works for less people though that the big 3. Treating hairloss is about using all you can to fight the issue. All the things you use won't work equally as well as the other. Just because finasteride is the best doesn't mean you shouldn't use something else in a addition or instead even though it doesn't work as well. If it works for you use it, if not move on. Like I said above it's cheap enough to try the laser you just need to decide if you wish to commit the time to it.

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

• 7 months later...

I am in health care. I am RN who is losing hair. I have been pessimistic about a lot of cures but doing my graduate studies.I entered laser therapy into the University system. There are evidenced based trials for laser therapy success. I think it varies by individual but there is scientific evidence for its worthiness. Not just FDA approved to be safe.,like I saw mentioned here. Do your research because there is science/evidenced based research out there. I hope this helps

Ray

On 2/2/2018 at 4:36 AM, Rwethereyet said:

As I said don't expect it to be as good as finasteride and yes you're correct I don't think they work for everyone, to be fair it's the same with all treatments really. I do feel like the laser works for less people though that the big 3. Treating hairloss is about using all you can to fight the issue. All the things you use won't work equally as well as the other. Just because finasteride is the best doesn't mean you shouldn't use something else in a addition or instead even though it doesn't work as well. If it works for you use it, if not move on. Like I said above it's cheap enough to try the laser you just need to decide if you wish to commit the time to it.

yes, your exactly right. I agree.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:23 AM, mattj said:

If lasers do have any benefit at all, they still can't be expected to halt hairloss and like the more established treatments (Finasteride, etc.) the laser might work better for some people than others.

So basically, what I'm saying is, continued hairloss isn't necessarily proof that lasers don't work.

But I still don't think they that they do.

I am in health care.I am RN who is losing hair. I have been pessimistic about a lot of cures but doing my graduate studies.I entered laser therapy into the University system. There are evidenced based trials for laser therapy success. I think it varies by individual but there is scientific evidence for its worthiness. Not just FDA approved to be safe.,like I saw mentioned here. Do your research because there is science/evidenced based research out there. I hope this helps

Ray

On 2/1/2018 at 12:58 AM, Gasthoerer said:

I have not seen a single scientific study which proves that laser helps against hairloss.

And women do not (!) have thicker and more dense natural heads of hair (as long as their is no hairloss yet).

I am in health care.I am RN who is losing hair. I have been pessimistic about a lot of cures but doing my graduate studies.I entered laser therapy into the University system. There are evidenced based trials for laser therapy success. I think it varies by individual but there is scientific evidence for its worthiness. Not just FDA approved to be safe.,like I saw mentioned here. Do your research because there is science/evidenced based research out there. I hope this helps

Ray

On 1/29/2018 at 4:12 AM, mattj said:

If there is evidence that they work then I am happy to see it. I'm not against this sort of treatment or any treatment that works.

Ray

On 2/1/2018 at 1:10 AM, Rwethereyet said:

As far as I know the hairmax laser combe is the only one that is FDA approved for hairloss. If they have FDA approval surely there are studies?

I've used the hairmax laser combe twice, each time for over a year at a time and have used it as prescribed. I definitely notice my hair is thicker and I shed less hair. For me it didn't regrow any new hair on my hairline that I lost. I would say they are worth a shot and not to be viewed as if it will be as good as finasteride. You need to really use it for a year to be able to see any difference, I'd also recommend taking good quality photos, I wish I had.

As for cost my laser combe is probably one of the cheapest things I've tried. I bought mine second hand on ebay for 100 pounds and I know if I don't want it I can sell it again for about the same amount.

Ray

On 1/25/2018 at 3:02 AM, Anet said:

I found this device called grivamax. It supposes to help you fighting baldness, they gave me a coupon grivamax2018 for a discount. Is it worth buying? It's a great deal $ 500 off, just wondering about the effectiveness of laser therapy. Maybe someone has tried it already? I'm interested to hear your experiences.

I am in healthcare and currently going to graduate school. I am RN who is losing hair. I have been pessimistic about a lot of cures but doing my graduate studies.I entered laser therapy into the University system. There are evidenced based trials for laser therapy success. I think it varies by individual but there is scientific evidence for its worthiness. Not just FDA approved to be safe.,like I saw mentioned here. Do your research because there is science/evidenced based research out there. I hope this helps

Ray

Low-level laser/light therapy for androgenetic alopecia.

Academic Journal

(English) ; Abstract available. By: Gupta AK; Lyons DC; Abramovits W, Skinmed [Skinmed], ISSN: 1540-9740, 2014 May-Jun; Vol. 12 (3), pp. 145-7; Publisher: Pulse Marketing & Communications; PMID: 25134310

• 3 months later...

Laser is an adjunctive therapy and works best when your remaining hairs you are trying to 'revive' (lengthen hair cycle and increase overall/length of thinning hair) are still alive and have diffuse hair loss.

It works best w/oral medications (dut/fin, loniten/spiro).  If it works for people it usually improves a females hairloss quicker/better than men due to hormonal interactions and females have overall higher quality density/hair caliber than men.

I've written before that it works better with 5 to 6 uses of about 22 minutes per week.  Also, one really should use 400+ diodes for better overall coverage.   Finally, it is my experience that from month 12-15 I started noticing the subtle yet visible results w/more coverage of my existing hair (subtle but visible). 

To the untrained eye - very little difference.  To the critical eye a modest improvement.  That was all I expected (at best).  My overall hair quality is better all over and just a bit of thickening of weaker hairs.

It's really not for 99% of men unless you like putting a laser helmet on your head 6X's per week while you are in your recliner and can schedule consistency over time (also - I don't recommend ever using if other people are around).  You will be mocked relentlessly (reason I keep it in a drawer next to my recliner & only use it alone).

peace...just my personal experience and I'm 52 - so I'll take what I can get 'cause I've been balding since age 21 (and have had many surgeries and use alot of meds progressively stronger over the decades).

• 1 month later...

I just went through all the answers posted on this topic and I think, overall, it represents a bit of what is believed about laser therapy overall.  It does work at the cellular level, and it is yet another modality to hair combat hair loss.  It is synergistic with other modalities and you will lose the benefit if you stop it.  It is recommended to do 3 times per week for 30 minutes each time.  The only cap that does have studies is LaserCap.  The array of 224 diodes allows for optimal results.  There is also a 300 diode unit that drops down in the occipital area.  This cap is ideal for patients that are thinning in the donor area, (experiencing global thinning).

The laser comb by Hairmax that came out years ago was the first to get FDA approval.  Once the approval is given, no one else can get "FDA approved."  The can get "released."  

The problem is this modality is the fact that the doctors selling these products do not know how to market them.  Go to a consultation and see what say and and do.  Did they scope?  No!  So, if you have a decent set of hair, for example. You are shedding big time and end up purchasing a unit.  Do you think that 6 months later you will see a difference?  NO.  If they do scope, however, you now have a base line to compare the same area.  How many times have I seen dejected patients only to get really excited when they confirm that miniaturized hair has actually improved in caliber.

Dr. Alexander and Dr. Arocha do sell LaserCap.  Have a consultation with them to learn more about these units.  

The most important thing in my opinion is to take photos and keep records. This can take 6 -12 months to really see results.  And it works great when combined with PRP, at least for what I've been able to observe so far.