Advice please, Canadien Institute oh Hair Restoration, Dr Sheldon M Feld

Anthony32

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My intention is to make an appointment for hair restoration surgery with the Canadian Institute of hair restoration. The doctor who will be performing the surgery is Sheldon Michael Feld. I 'm interested in any reviews or advice to ease my worries about making a bad choice. Thanks in advance.

Anthony,

I haven't heard of the doctor you mentioned. It looks like he's in Toronto.

If you're looking to travel a little bit I would go for Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. He is highly recommended here and does outstanding work.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

• 2 months later...
How did this transplant go with Dr. Feld? I'm scheduled to go in next month and am slightly nervous about it.

JW

If you're in Canada, really you should be solely looking at Rahal or Hasson and Wong. Doesn't make sense to go with an unknown clinic when you have surgeons with those kinds of track records at your doorstep. You should be nervous.

How did this transplant go with Dr. Feld? I'm scheduled to go in next month and am slightly nervous about it.

JW

Yeah, I'd be nervous too- apparently when you go see this Doc, you never come back to talk about it...or maybe you just never come back (shudder)

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, tonystyles said:

Hello I am considering Sheldon Feld as of now. Can you guys please let me know how the surgery went? Thanks. 

Why? I doubt many here have heard of him. If you’re in Canada and are locked into staying in North America, hasson and Wong is an excellent choice.

• 1 month later...

LonelyGraft. I just had an fue procedure done with Larry Fremont and it went well. Sheldon Feld used to work in the same clinic as Larry has been doing procedures for 30 years. And one of the technicians used to work for him and had nothing but praise for him so he is a legitimate surgeon. Just be aware he only performs strip surgery(FUT) but he along with Larry are good surgeons and are much cheaper than other publicized surgeons like Rahal or any of the cosmetics surgeons in the Toronto area simply because they are running smaller clinics now and don't have the overhead costs as those others do.

Edited by tonystyles

On 1/22/2020 at 10:58 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Why? I doubt many here have heard of him. If you’re in Canada and are locked into staying in North America, hasson and Wong is an excellent choice.

Hassan and Wong are in Vancouver which is far from Toronto and they cost a fortune as i have replied below Sheldon Feld is a legitimate surgeon but only does FUT(strip)

21 hours ago, tonystyles said:

LonelyGraft. I just had an fue procedure done with Larry Fremont and it went well. Sheldon Feld used to work in the same clinic as Larry has been doing procedures for 30 years. And one of the technicians used to work for him and had nothing but praise for him so he is a legitimate surgeon. Just be aware he only performs strip surgery(FUT) but he along with Larry are good surgeons and are much cheaper than other publicized surgeons like Rahal or any of the cosmetics surgeons in the Toronto area simply because they are running smaller clinics now and don't have the overhead costs as those others do.

If you don't mind me asking about the FUE procedure with Larry Fremont how much for how many ? Thanks in advance. Have a Great Day !

4 hours ago, warnocja83 said:

I've actually had 2 procedures with Sheldon Feld, and both were amazing.  I had 2000 the first time and 3500 the second time.  I now have a full head of long hair, it's actually unreal.  

Yeah i had gone to his clinic and the price was pretty good. But because there were no reviews and because i actually didn't meet with him since he only does that weekends i wasn't sure. The only thing is he does only strip which is certainly preferable in your case since your transplanted as many grafts since mine was a smaller procedure i elected to go with fue since if i  i preferred not to have a linear scar which isn't a big deal if you don't keep your hair short anyway.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:45 AM, warnocja83 said:

I've actually had 2 procedures with Sheldon Feld, and both were amazing.  I had 2000 the first time and 3500 the second time.  I now have a full head of long hair, it's actually unreal.  

Show pictures or it didn't happen. We have new members now with 2-3 posts praising the doctor. Seems very suspicious.