Dr Kyriakos Maras of HDC in Cyprus - 6 Months

johnfish123

Hi Guys

I haven't updated since I had the proceedure but I must say i've been super impressed with HDC and Dr Maras.

You are looked after by a great guy called George who is in constant contact with you before, during and also after. He is there all the time during and after-care and beyond to send pictures to and ask questions when you feel nervous or unsure.

The clinic itself was spotless. Its a large building over 3 floors and HDC own the whole building which makes you feel secure and safe. It is a large operation. The staff are lovely and make you feel at ease at all times.

The accomodation they put you up in is large, clean and comfortable. It has a kitchen and everything you need TV etc. Big beds. It is also included in the price.

Dr Maras is a great guy and works really hard with you to get you the hairline you want. He is focused, kind and incredibly professional.

I had 3000 over 2 days.

They finally implanted 3100 and didnt charge me extra for the 100 grafts which was amazing customer service.

In the morning they harvest the grafts - this is done by Dr Maras personally and in the afternoon they are implanted, this also is personally done by Dr Maras.

The whole thing is painless, the only thing that hurt a little is the injects to numb the scalp. Although even this wasn't too bad and only lasts a moment.

I have attached some pics taken off my phone of the different stages.

I am now at month 6 and very pleased with the result.

I spoke to George the other day and he told me there is still at least another 4 months left of growth which is great. There has been substantial growth and i'm looking forward to it thickening out now and becoming more dense.

I cannot reccomend HDC higly enough at this point. Having a HT is one of the most nerve-wrecking and stressful decisions you make. It costs money and your future happiness is dependent on the surgery. HDC take all of that away. They plan and manage every single step with you and although you still feel nervous due to it being surgery, you don't need to be and I cannot reccomend them enough.

The surgery has so far been a huge success and it has absolutely changed my life. I no longer wear hats, I can go swimming, the wind is no longer a problem (you thinning guys know what I mean!) and im no longer bothered if it rains!

My confidence is the best its been for 5 years when I started thinning, its taken years off me and it is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

It is life changing and I would reccomend having it done to anyone and also cannot reccomed HDC enough as the place to have it done.

WIll keep you guys updated as it goes on.

I have uploaded pics of the various stages of growth, i'm sorry they arn't in order but I took one every month up until this month which is the final one so far at 6 months in. This is the shot with all the hair obviously.

To go from no hair to a full head in 6 months is truly a miracle. Its changed my life.

If anyone needs anything please dont hesitate to get in touch.

JF

IMG_1810.thumb.jpg.fd69edbbe659f958b830facfa5766b7c.jpg

IMG_1814.JPG.9b701dc379203344b1503dc952356d09.JPG

IMG_2133.thumb.JPG.5a7f0df0f042b5f3f29b125ee648cfc7.JPG

FullSizeRender-2.jpg.6a0f49a447ea82392682b4a426397c87.jpg

IMG_2002.thumb.JPG.867fed5a5e92b5a8b219e323c9defa9d.JPG

FullSizeRender-1.jpg.f1c0b11d470794fcd5687c48a4d43439.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.6f2a92bfe490d4e3c09920b5699b511b.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg.1770b7b2ce6e302ec2346aebe3ea1a15.jpg

Hi johnfish123,

Congratulations for your successfull HT, i'm so happy to see your thread because i'm going to Dr Maras

next month and i'm nervous as hell.

Ah mate you absolutly don't need to be. It'll be the best thing you ever do.

If you need anything George is your man he's ace.

Be excited not nervous!

JF

:)

should i bring flight pillow with me?

how it was like in the first and second night? how you dealt with the scratching?, i'm afraid i will touch my head all the time like i do now. i would probably won't sleep in the first 2 days.

i'm taking vitamins (B12, D), i eat almonds, pumpkin seed, Flaxseed and i drink all kind of vegetables juices that got vitamins too, when do i need to stop? what should i eat instead before the op?

how did you pass the time? (7 days?).

i don't take pills and i don't want too and even have second thoughts about using minoxidil after the HT, should i still do it?

thanks for your patient.

IMG-20180109-WA0000.thumb.jpg.d05299d299252a2d562fb0d98ffd89be.jpg

IMG-20180109-WA0002.thumb.jpg.b516ad6b8e9debb370bd520afc887674.jpg

IMG-20180109-WA0001.thumb.jpg.9bb5b1675471de8cbb7b477fe9ae2752.jpg

:)

should i bring flight pillow with me?

how it was like in the first and second night? how you dealt with the scratching?, i'm afraid i will touch my head all the time like i do now. i would probably won't sleep in the first 2 days.

i'm taking vitamins (B12, D), i eat almonds, pumpkin seed, Flaxseed and i drink all kind of vegetables juices that got vitamins too, when do i need to stop? what should i eat instead before the op?

how did you pass the time? (7 days?).

i don't take pills and i don't want too and even have second thoughts about using minoxidil after the HT, should i still do it?

thanks for your patient.

I didn't take a pillow and I was fine but if you want to I don't think it would be a problem

The nights sleep is fine. You are propped up on a bed so its comfortable. They also give you a valium to help you sleep and some pain killers for if you feel any pain. You will definately sleep. I fell asleep during the surgery on the second day! haha

Any vitamin advice etc speak to george as I'm not sure about etc as well as advice what to do before the op. They send you out a sheet with all the details on.

I passed the time by watching TV, internet etc. You cant really go out after you've had it done so stock up on food etc before hand.

I dont take pills either and havent taken anything but vitamins since the op and ive seen great growth

hope this helps

JF

Hi Johnfish, Congrats your results are looking excellent so far.

Do you have a pre op picture before any work done?

And also maybe a picture of where you are now with some harsher lighting from above? Thanks

Hi Mate

Pre-op pics are on my profile on previous post

I'm at work at the mo but will upload some when I get a chance

JF

Thank you so much for those answers.

i haven't think about HT at all until about a month ago because i thought it's only been done with the scar from behind and next month i'm going to do the op, i'm afraid i'm rushing into it, everyone on here say do your research well but i don't really know what else to do:confused:

would like to see pics from above with light too.

thanks again :)

Looks excellent and should continue to thicken up even more in coming months! I'm particularly interested in your case as I see you did not use propecia... What was the doctors thoughts on this? Did you notice any shock loss in either the donor or recipient areas?

Looks excellent and should continue to thicken up even more in coming months! I'm particularly interested in your case as I see you did not use propecia... What was the doctors thoughts on this? Did you notice any shock loss in either the donor or recipient areas?

Hi mate

No didnt take any meds at all. Doctor Maras didn't force anything on me and asked if I was or wanted to take any but wasnt concerned that I didn't.

I did experience shock loss after about 1-2months and then it all grew back.

I must admit I was worried initially when it all fell out but then relieved when it came back.

Ive attached a pic of before shock loss and after as it started to regrow.

Hope this helps

IMG_2002.thumb.JPG.879a0af353f85d43df495765071ea7c3.JPG

IMG_2133.thumb.JPG.992fc35f2845d9390a9b979a66fb2439.JPG

Hi Johnfish, Congrats your results are looking excellent so far.

Do you have a pre op picture before any work done?

And also maybe a picture of where you are now with some harsher lighting from above? Thanks

Hi Mate

I've attached two pics from above one with a flash and harsh down lighting and another without so you can see in both lights

Hope this helps

Ah mate you absolutly don't need to be. It'll be the best thing you ever do.

If you need anything George is your man he's ace.

Be excited not nervous!

JF

Hi johnfish123,

can you please take some pictures how your hair is now from above with some light?, i would like to see how is the density and the hair looks like in general after 6 months.

thank you so much.

Hi johnfish123,

can you please take some pictures how your hair is now from above with some light?, i would like to see how is the density and the hair looks like in general after 6 months.

thank you so much.

Here is one with overhead lighting and flash and one without.

JF

IMG_3345.JPG.e8f8c3cca61e90ad874907d036958259.JPG

IMG_3346.thumb.JPG.7a87f0d12c092d96f6d46b1227ffa99a.JPG

Excellent results and Maras continue to be one of the most underrated surgeons out there.

Congrats

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Great result, I am seriously considering Maras for my second transplant, work and results always look up there with the best

Highly recommend him. I've never had a HT before but really thrilled with the results so far.

You need anything else let me know

JF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi To all who have commented sorry just getting back I've been away with work.

Since my last update my hair has grown in thickness and in length.

I will update with some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask

JF