FUT Philippines

fortuneplant

Month 11 will be my last regular update for a while. I'll post again around month 18th or 24th for comparison.

P.S. Forgot to mention that on Months 9 and 10, I went through a shed. I didn't count but it was significant enough to elicit comment from the kiddo that I am leaving a lot of hair in the shower. It started to normalize on Month 11. I suspect that a lot of them were hair grafts going through a another phase of shed and regrowth.

Edited by fortuneplant

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MONTH 18

The attached pics are from Week 1 to Month 11 to Month 18.

From Month 11 to Month 18, I grew new hair but noticeable only to me. The biggest difference is my hair looks healthier - the whole head of hair not only the transplanted ones. It's also...bouncier.  :)  I suspect it's the effect from the laser cap after using it for 14months.

I estimate that my hair density is about  33 graft/sq cm. Not dense enough but my hair is thick and long enough to compensate. If I am being critical, there are patches that need more grafts. There's a bit of see through effect under harsh light or when it's wet. But I have went swimming and been under harsh studio lights, it just looks natural and does not give the impression of someone losing hair. I have been on intimate situations where women slide their hands on my hair and remarked how good it looked. (I cringe a bit when that happens. I have this irrational fear that the transplanted hair might  drop off.) And on times when I want the hair density of my dreams, it takes me 23 seconds to spray toppik, pat my hair, and done. 

I guess if you twist my arm, the worst thing is the strip scar behind my head. It stayed the same as my Month 7 progress. Wider than I hoped but within expectation. Certainly not noticeable on day-to-day; even on a visit to the barber.  I seldom wear my hair short and if I do, it can be done with a proper cut that the strip area is mostly unnoticeable. 

Overall, it's been great. No one knew I had HT. Everyone says I look better and can't pinpoint why.  Since I was an NW2, even when people saw my old and new pictures, my old pic just looked like someone on a bad hair day. I'll come back again in the next few years to report on my progress.

Note: Am on Fin .83/mg six days/wk (i.e. Proscar cut into 6 pcs),  Minox 5% once/day, Laser Cap 3x/wk,  Multi B Vitamins (100mg)

zMonth18.jpg

Looks fantastic! thanks for coming back. I think you're being a bit too critical on yourself regarding density. I think your density is 40+ tbh. Looks great regardless and your hairline design is fantastic. How much more sprouts (not thickening/maturing) percentage wise did you see from month 11-18?

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Checking in 6 years (2017) after I had my FUT of ~1600 grafts.

Pretty much still the same from my last post in 2019 so will cut and paste.

- I have gained around an 1 inch of hair relative to my original hairline; 3 fingers space now between my hairline and eyebrow instead of five fingers before.

- My FUT strip healed very well, no scarring.

- Fin 0.83/mg six days/wk (i.e. Proscar cut into 6 pcs),  Minox 5% 3x/week, Red Light 3x/wk,  Multi B Vitamins (100mg) Daily, Exercise 5x/wk.

- I always go through a hair fall phase around October and November; noticeable via the number of hair I see around the drainage after a shower. Definitely more than usual but still normal. 

022023.jpg

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, fortuneplant said:

Checking in 6 years (2017) after I had my FUT of ~1600 grafts.

Pretty much still the same from my last post in 2019 so will cut and paste.

- I have gained around an 1 inch of hair relative to my original hairline; 3 fingers space now between my hairline and eyebrow instead of five fingers before.

- My FUT strip healed very well, no scarring.

- Fin 0.83/mg six days/wk (i.e. Proscar cut into 6 pcs),  Minox 5% 3x/week, Red Light 3x/wk,  Multi B Vitamins (100mg) Daily, Exercise 5x/wk.

- I always go through a hair fall phase around October and November; noticeable via the number of hair I see around the drainage after a shower. Definitely more than usual but still normal. 

022023.jpg

Excellent result and very detailed review ...u achieved a good balance between density and naturalness ...😊

Can we knw the name of surgeon if u cn reveal it..!

Edited by Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023