Good candidate fue or fut

In order to assess your candidacy for either donor removal procedure we need to see your actual donor area;)

Are you taking any preventative medication such as finasteride or minoxidil?

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

I agree that you would be a good candidate for either procedure type. You look to be a 3 or 3A on the Norwood scale. Your donor density looks good. Of course it would be beneficial if you were taking preventative medications, but your loss is apparently quite slow.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for the reply Matt why would someone go for the fut surgery over the fue? Just seems to me like the fue is the newer technology? I guess it’s more expensive but if price isn’t an issue is fue the way to go? Or is there better results with the fut? Just seems to me why wouldn’t someone just do fue seems like it would be less painful/visible after surgery?

FUE is newer, yes, but that doesn't mean that it has totally replaced FUT as a surgery option. FUT is better for larger procedures - but - it is still an option for any size procedure, including smaller hairline restoration. The key is knowing what is involved. It's important for any patient to know what is involved with surgery. Everything I've seen tells me that FUE will achieve the same high quality result with the right clinic, but this doesn't mean that patients shouldn't choose FUT. All surgery results in some sort of scarring, so it's a matter of choosing whichever method suits you best.

I chose FUE for my surgery because i tend to keep my back and sides cut short. Not everybody has that same requirement. FUT scars these days are very discreet compared to what they used to be like, but you are still looking at a linear scar. Education is the key. As long as you know what you're signing up for, choose a quality doctor, then you'll be fine.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com