Decided on SMP

Hey guys,

I decided to go with tricopigmentation rather than a HT at this moment in my life. I do not mind the shaven look as long as its full. I am a very active person so i think its the best option for me. No more Finasteride or minoxidil.... and already trim my head 3-4 times a week.

So now the dilemma is finding a Veteran artist in TX - (Dallas , Houston , Austin) . I've found some clinics but they do not seem to emphasize on the artist or have many pictures of their work. I would hate to be the guy they dust of the pigmentation gun for ( i do not want to be anyone's training aid).

Any suggestion on a facility ?

Hey guys,

I decided to go with tricopigmentation rather than a HT at this moment in my life. I do not mind the shaven look as long as its full. I am a very active person so i think its the best option for me. No more Finasteride or minoxidil.... and already trim my head 3-4 times a week.

So now the dilemma is finding a Veteran artist in TX - (Dallas , Houston , Austin) . I've found some clinics but they do not seem to emphasize on the artist or have many pictures of their work. I would hate to be the guy they dust of the pigmentation gun for ( i do not want to be anyone's training aid).

Any suggestion on a facility ?

Where are you based Texansoldier? Ian Dennis did mine in Houston, i researched this alot and his name kept coming up. Ill send you some photos if you message me, I'm very happy. Not sure what tripignentation is, did you mean scalp Micropigmentation?

Where are you based Texansoldier? Ian Dennis did mine in Houston, i researched this alot and his name kept coming up. Ill send you some photos if you message me, I'm very happy. Not sure what tripignentation is, did you mean scalp Micropigmentation?

Ian Dennis performs SMP-MS (scalp micropigmentation multi-session) not tricopigmentation. He was trained by HIS Hair Clinic and worked for them for years before opening his own shop. SMP (MS) is different than tricopigmentation as they claim it is "permanent" but in fact lasts 5-7 years with touch ups required during that time. Micro Scalp USA with Matt Lulo offers only the SMP-MS (not tricopigmentation) as well.

Tricopigmentation is also multi-session, but they advise you upfront that it is temporary only. If you are looking for tricopigmentation, Ahead Head has many good reviews. Maybe HairThere can comment more on the difference between SMP-MS and tricopigmentation. Don't confuse conventional SMP with tricopigmentation.

I don't offer either, I offer my own one-session and permanent system.

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

Ian Dennis performs SMP-MS (scalp micropigmentation multi-session) not tricopigmentation. He was trained by HIS Hair Clinic and worked for them for years before opening his own shop. SMP (MS) is different than tricopigmentation as they claim it is "permanent" but in fact lasts 5-7 years with touch ups required during that time. Micro Scalp USA with Matt Lulo offers only the SMP-MS (not tricopigmentation) as well.

Tricopigmentation is also multi-session, but they advise you upfront that it is temporary only. If you are looking for tricopigmentation, Ahead Head has many good reviews. Maybe HairThere can comment more on the difference between SMP-MS and tricopigmentation. Don't confuse conventional SMP with tricopigmentation.

I don't offer either, I offer my own one-session and permanent system.

Interesting i did not even know there were other types.

BHILT,

Are you going to post any photos so we can see what your hair looks like now and predict what it might look like with SMP?

And yes, there is a lot to research with SMP just like hair transplant surgery. Many of our recommended physicians (see the drop down box in the right hand sidebar) offer SMP as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

Interesting i did not even know there were other types.

Yes. They all fall under the tattooing umbrella and most people refer to all types generically as "SMP." But there are major differences. Just make sure you do your research. When seeking a company, look at resumes/bios, time in business, accomplishments and contributions to the industry. Read through the websites past the sales pitches and look for good solid information and proven claims. Call and ask to speak to the actual person that will be applying your pigmentation, not a salesperson. Above all, be willing to travel to the company that you feel will best suit your needs. Many hair transplant recipents travel well out of their area to get the best surgeon; this is no different. Don't limit yourself to your local area.

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.