Hair transplant reversal/removal

Good afternoon readers. I am going to keep this quite breef for the time being & then add to this thread as i go alone. This is my first time posting on a hairloss forum.

So let begin from here, growing up I did not care about hair & always had decent hair & all of a sudden i found myself into watching all these hair style tutorials on youtube & subscribing to all these hair gurus that had wonderful hair & all that. My hair line was not really receding in anyway & i realized (after the transplant) that i just had a naturally huge forehead just like my father. Who at the age of 55 passed away, however still had all his side & donor hair & was only receding at the hairline a little bit. but the shape of my hairline was not straight like all these youtubers & I saw a picture of one of my favorite footballers online (Fabregas) & after the hair transplant his hair looked phenomonenal. I thought sure why not maybe I can get the hair I have always dreamed of. So at the age of 21 my naive self went & got a consultation & soon after that found himself undergoing fut surgery. I am currently 23 & have lived long enough to know that I do not want these transplanted hairs as they are nothing like my real hair.. & the thing that bothers me the most is that i believe the left side is not as dense as the right side & the hairline is too low & straight & makes me have a square face.

I am not too concerned about the scar in the back at the time being as it is not horrendous & if by shaving with a guar size 4 is not really visible, so I am just mainly concerned about the fromt at the moment. Even though it’d be nice to have fue so I can replace them back in the scar at the back however i know that studies have showed that the survival rate of the repositioned grafts is not high so yea like I said, im not too concerned about it.

Like i said i will be adding to this post, but for now I post 2 pictures of my hair with the grafts fully grown out & 2 with the grafts shaved almost two weeks ago & they have since grown back a little but the reason I did so is because i just wanted to see how I looked like wothout the long grafts & in my opinion i look a lot better & am positive that I only want to go ahead & remove the transplant.

Now i undedstand that can be quite diffucult but I am willing to just remove a centimer of the hairline to make it look not as low as it is right now. after readinf about this & the solutions to it for a few months now & i realized the only 3 methods are fue, electrolysis & laser hair removal. none of these which I am willing to undergo & might just have to live with the transplant & let them fully grow out again but if anyone can help me I would be forever grateful. Thanks for reading & hope to hear from all of you soon.

I have been browsinf these forums for months now so most likely I will know the current active users that have helped out other users by commenting. Thanks again

Added: as you can see in the images, my new hairline shape & face is much much better without the artificial low straight hairline from the transplant. If you guys could suggest anything plz.

94D2B451-C02D-48DB-B9DE-87D28A26E7DA.jpeg.07f62473cc29176e84ff6287a9d5409e.jpeg

DF7AAEF1-3E5D-42FF-9D5E-390817E005B0.jpeg.3ad1eb482f9e4ed7184c671550a7a854.jpeg

92DEA1A2-08B9-499B-8A75-BFCC11E5F57D.jpeg.af56d37f6529f42df11d09aebe12e2ea.jpeg

07A1FED5-6715-4EFB-9D7C-96205E2CFC24.jpeg.8d69783c967772858165332a7e1f270b.jpeg

The photos you provided are of such poor quality that one cannot interpret your needs. Photos should be of much higher resolution and should include a perspective view with your brows in the frame so that the relationship of your hairline location to you overall facial dynamics can be assessed. Your conclusion that there are only three options available for repair is wrong.

First of all i wanted to say thanks Dr Raymond for taking the time to respond to my post.

About the pictures, that’s weird you say that they are low resolution because they were taken on my iphone 7 & on my screen they appear perfectly fine, but i am indeed seeking help so I will take some new ones with my brows in the frame if that will allow you to draw a better conclusion for my current situation.

That’s awesome that you are saying my conclusion is incorrect about there being only 3 options to correct the transplant. I will be working on new pics but can I maybe email you or may I ask, what other options is there?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my thread. I really appreciate it.

If you are serious about this I would go to a professonal photographer and do alot of very good/detailed photos and use these as your reference if you are unwilling to travel for a one on one consultation (which you should be).

Anyways...a phone camera still doesn't really cut it imho.

The pictures are okay - but you are considering serious revision/removal of grafts and frankly surgeons really need to see and understand your situation in absolute black and white clarity.

That's all. For your situation several consultations are best in person.

Keep in mind surgeon's may have different opinions. The completely ethical ones will give you balanced advice.

I've done graft removal of frontal hairline but that was from 90's minigrafts so a well-thought-out plan that addresses now and many years into the future should be considered.

Interesting case. Keep us updated.

I have greasy/oily skin and heal well - Dr. Feller took out approximately 40 or so grafts via FUE punch in 2004.

However, I have had my hairline lowered very slightly then and had my left side lowered just a tiny bit in March of '17 and will continue to refine my current hairline in my next surgeries in '18 and '19.

Unless you received big 'plugs' from the 1980's removing grafts is very simple (or using electrolysis) but most surgeon's prefer not to do so on a wholesale basis in one go. That would be a process over several sessions.

Again, think through what you are considering very carefully and consider the response from Dr. Konior - he's not wrong you know.

He RARELY posts here unsolicited - that should tell you something for sure.

peace...

So you had more transplanted hair infront of the scar? To cover the scar?

Congrats on the successful recent surgery in March & Best of luck my man. I appreciate you jj.

I will follow up with Dr Konior& i am very glad he viewed this post. Whatever i do i will come back here & update this post

No scars to 'cover' - they would have healed just fine. They were minigrafts and were punched out without need for stitches.

A little trip back in time for the younger guys here.

My initial hair transplants were done in '91 with small strips that were then divided into I think 1 to 2mm 'minigrafts' that contained multiple follicullar units all in one 'graft hole.' That compresses the grafts and you end up with alot of hairs all bunched into a small hole - pluggy looking.

That was the 'standard' back then and I was 23 or 24 at the time. I had additional minigrafts (but much smaller amount of total hairs) in '94 and '95 before I started getting true follicular grafts in '04 w/Dr. Feller.

Very hearty hairs (my 1st two very small surgeries of 100 and 120 minigrafts) but not natural at all. I still have 2 rows on each side but they are not in my frontal zone anymore.

They blend in very well with my additional follicular units that surround them - even though I kept none of my native hair in my frontal 1/2 of my scalp.

Edited by jjsrader

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded photos that are better resolution than yours but with an older iPhone than yours - perhaps it is not a question of the phone camera but how you are uploading the photos?

I have similar concerns as you, and have also asked Dr. Konior for input in another thread.

• 2 years later...

I also did a laser hair removal recently and I'm really happy with the result. At first, I was very scared because I heard cases when some people had side effects and I was afraid it would not be the same for me, but I looked for a good company that I could trust and in the end,  I called https://www.premierlaserandskinclinic.com/laser-hair-removal who did everything to me at a high level, without any problems.

Edited by LF0rw4rd1