Walking and cold weather immediately after FUE

Hi everyone! I had a big hair transplant recently (3,500 FUE) in Europe and have a few questions regarding aftercare, particularly with regards to immediately after the hair transplant.

Firstly, I'm on holidays and I wanted to do some sightseeing around Europe while im here. Does walking for maybe 4 hours a day impact the hair transplant at all?

Secondly, does exposure to the cold winter temperatures (2-5 degrees celcius) have any impact on the outcome?

I'm getting a little paranoid now as 48 hours after my transplant i was doing lots of walking and have been exposed to the cold weather between day 2 and day 20 post my transplant.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Light walking will not impact the grafts at all and cold winter with little sunlight and less chance of heavy sweating is actual ideal postop weather.

I wouldn't put yourself in a position to get frostbite, but the cold itself should not pose any harm except if you were to get hit with a snowball or by a falling icicle.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

20 days post op your hair is settled, but I'd cover your head with a warm cap to protect it.

No sense risking scalp damage from sun exposure or cold exposure.

Truthfully, you need to keep your head covered outdoors for several months now.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I walked the streets of Ottawa, Canada after my FUE procedure, wearing only a surgical cap, and the February temperatures of -15C (or perhaps even lower) did no harm to my result.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com