Will 22 Days Scabs Post OP after a FUE Transplant have a negative effect?

Hey there,

I had a FUE Transplant of 1500 grafts at an here unkown clinic. Due to my too gentle daily hair washing technique (without rubbing) after day 3 Post OP I had big and sticky crusting on the transplanted region.

Due to poor Post OP care explanation I thought it is a normal process and called the clinic on 22nd day since the cruts were still there for 80%

They told me to get rid of it as quick as possible, so I showered hot and peeled them very gently off (just rubbing did not work because they still were too sticky)

Will the long lasting crusts+peeling them gently off have a negative effect on the regrowth?:(

Thanks for responses

If you use your finger tips and rub aggressively they should rub off. Just make sure that you first get your scalp wet with lots of shampoo suds and once the crusts have softened, they should rub off.

Use a little bit of pressure if they are stubborn. At 22 days post-op, you won't hurt your grafts.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Gilenator, thanks for your quick response. You got me wrong, I got them off after a hot shover + Lotion at day 22 post OP but without rubbing. They were so stubborn that I literally had to peel them off (but slowly and gentle, without force).

My question was if having crusts for so long (22 days) would have a negative effect on the regrowth in the future

No one an idea?

I can't think of any reason why having the scabs still intact after day 22 would have a negative impact on your transplant. The only impact I can think of is cosmetic, IE your appearance.

Generally the scabs should fall off during the day, sleeping and whilst washing the hair after 10-14 days. By day 10 it is safe to gently rub them in a circular motion while they are soft when washing the scalp. You can apply shaving foam to soften them further and wash this off. By day 14 you should be relatively scab free.

Hi Gilenator, thanks for your quick response. You got me wrong, I got them off after a hot shover + Lotion at day 22 post OP but without rubbing. They were so stubborn that I literally had to peel them off (but slowly and gentle, without force).

My question was if having crusts for so long (22 days) would have a negative effect on the regrowth in the future

I don't believe it would have any negative effect on the regrowth of your grafts. That's because your transplanted follicles go dormant post-op and rest for 3-4 months before the regrowth even begins to occur.

As long as the recipient area is clean, you will be fine IMHO...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY