2075 FUE with Dr. Konior

OzzieO

Hey everybody! I wanted to share my recent experience with Dr. Konior and his staff. I just had a FUE procedure done to enhance my receding hairline. I was scheduled for 1,500 grafts for frontal hair restoration and if possible a touch on the crown.

I arrived at the office around 6am and was greeted by his staff. When Dr. K arrived we chatted for a bit and then started drawing a realistic and symmetrical hairline. I will say he took his time doing this both by eye and by using a camera to tweak anything needing changed until it was perfect. Once the operation began I was given Valium for comfort. I will say it helped as you are laying on both sides for an extended period of time and I think it helped time pass a bit quicker. Once the procedure was complete I could not have been happier! I have a new hairline and he had enough grafts to touch up a small area of my crown. I will say this about Dr. K and his staff, they have chemistry and they know how to work well with each other. They have over 20 years of experience working side by side and they all know what to do and what needs to be done. Dr. K demands excellence, this one thing I personally admire about him and his work, I honestly do not feel there are many surgeons like him, so, if you are thinking about hair restoration and are in search of a doctor you can trust, look no further. Over the course of the next three days I went in for several cleanings, all exceptional and well worth it. Pics listed unfortunately are on my iPhone but the results can still be seen clearly. Pics include pre op hairline drawn with buzzed head, and post op pics at the hotel. Again not the best pics but I think they do justice. I am not afraid of my identity being known as I am willing to tell people about my procedure.

Let me know if I am missing anything or have any questions. I don’t know how many 1, 2, 3, 4s,, I have yet but I know Dr K got what he wanted.

35A83A06-537C-4460-998F-A0C8C5DC3A7B.thumb.jpg.9d41e8b68d90877c51389a8bc4bb7dcf.jpg

E7028663-6B87-41CC-95BF-F0A634AD417A.thumb.jpg.3ccc02d6bfb1ed01b8a37ff0b6eff9b1.jpg

5572FF79-DCA1-4229-82F2-A8CBA92CE4A4.thumb.jpg.713b044a8a3a2805af673aaf515aebbe.jpg

1D790600-D75D-4E0A-8AD9-FFF001A8CAE3.thumb.jpg.cc769c017c53387f099d8c874902b0de.jpg

4962109B-F9EE-4507-B0C5-C23A02116183.thumb.jpg.7e57cdd88593bfcc35a215043b415075.jpg

9AF96D66-EFAA-4269-B58E-0BF7D0787B2C.thumb.jpg.96718641773578a98535a3344b3e9c54.jpg

BFED8724-4371-42A5-9BAD-6FD9F996CC84.thumb.jpg.b918bc34559978eb975afc6329ec1f08.jpg

6F71E86D-A063-4996-A28F-5A65E9CF6D2E.thumb.jpg.d489bb98a3e934a03213744ce0a4d21e.jpg

Congrats on choosing an excellent surgeon, in my book the best in the world.

Hope the post-op healing goes well and baby those grafts like precious gold until at least day 10.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The work looks great! Can't wait to see your result!

After about 9-11 days everything looks amazing...Then the shed happens, but don't worry time flies by quickly! Keep us posted and update regularly! Happy growing!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188512-3500-scheduled-dr-cinik-12-12-a.html

Congrats OzzieO! I had my procedure done with Dr. Konior as well about 3 months ago. Was a similarly great experience as you described, and I was also very impressed with how long Dr. Konior spent drawing and perfecting the hairline.

Looking forward to seeing your result develop.

Stephcury30, yes I was a Norwood 3.

I am not taking finasteride / propecia / or rogaine

Dr. K predicts my hair loss will be minimal going forward. I cannot tell you my exact family genes as I do not know my fathers side of family. My grandfather on my moms side kept a good portion of his hair.

looks like excellent work. do you have an idea of how many grafts were used for the hairline and how many were placed in the vertex? from my research 2000 would be stretching it for a hairline like that.

also- how long ago did you book with Konior?

thanks!

HairlossPA, thanks! And thanks to all who commented this far, I am looking forward to the final outcome! I appreciate all of the kind words! I don’t have an exact amount but I know it was 1,700, dense pac, rest was in vertex. My original consulatation was mid January 2017, his 1st availability was January 2018 at the time, so I booked a year out. I asked how far out he is now and he is about 14 months out.

• 3 weeks later...
Looking good. Hope you get some great hair gains. How' the redness? seems like it is still noticeable even after a month.

Totally normal.....especially since there was absolutely no hair there before. He is going to be red/pink for a couple months likely....I know I was. It does go away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey Ozzie,

How much Dr K charge for a graft?

Kaya, most of that information is on his website, or you can schedule a consulatatikn and get an idea on price that is suited for you.

It's been some months, any update?

jimbrann, I will post at 5 months. Right now I have a lot of fine hairs sprouting and right where I should be in the process.

Congrats on the surgery, Ozzie.

I actually have a nearly identical hairline to yours, same age, and do not take Propecia/fin either (although do take Minox which is marginally helpful). Already met with Dr. K and done tons of research. The only thing from keeping me pulling the trigger is fear of needing to play 'catch up' with another surgery in 2 years or so.

Without taking stabilizing meds (Fin, Propecia) how are planning on managing future hair

loss?

Any thing that you realize or know now that wished you would have known prior to taking the plunge?

Any light you can shed is helpful.

Hi hairandnow,

Thank you!

To my knowledge Dr. K is booked a year out, so in response to your fear of pulling the trigger due to playing catch up and having another transplant in 2 years doesn’t make sense to me. Hair loss is impossible to predict and therefore there is no reason for you to keep waiting and be worried about losing more hair in 2 years.

If you met with Dr. K I believe he would have told you if staged hair transplants would be needed. Or I think he would have given his opinion if he thought you would have significant hair loss in the next two years. Keep in mind Dr. K sets realistic expectations and would not proceed with a hair transplant unless he thought you were a a good candidate.

In regards to hair loss stabilization, my only plan is to have hair transplants. At my age with my current amount of hair loss I am not expected to be a Norwood 7, So I think I can last Several years before having another hair transplant. I know I have more in my donar area and I am ok with having a second procedure if needed.

In response to your final question, no. I researched 7 years before deciding on Dr.K as my doctor, my questions were answered at my consultation and prior to my surgery. The hardest thing for me currently is to remain patient and wait for all the hairs to grow so I can see the matured/final result. I have no doubt my procedure will meet my expeditions, in fact, what doctor K did with my hairline already exceeded my expectations and has given me a major boost in confidence. I am close to five months post op and people are starting to notice the difference. I will post pictures at my 5 month mark to view. I hope this helps you and I hope I have answered your questions.

Thanks for all the info, Ozzie. You bring up good points and invaluable info.

It looks like the shape of your hairline, coverage, and density are all very similar to mine.

I have some thinning around the transition/edges of hairline, maybe .25 - .33 inches as it slowly recedes. It looks like Dr. K went in beyond your hairline into that transition area to dense pack your areas that were thinning.

Did your pre-existing hairs in that transition zone fall out for you (shockloss)? And if so, have they returned?

Thanks for all the info, Ozzie. You bring up good points and invaluable info.

It looks like the shape of your hairline, coverage, and density are all very similar to mine.

I have some thinning around the transition/edges of hairline, maybe .25 - .33 inches as it slowly recedes. It looks like Dr. K went in beyond your hairline into that transition area to dense pack your areas that were thinning.

Did your pre-existing hairs in that transition zone fall out for you (shockloss)? And if so, have they returned?

Hairandnow1

Yes, a dense pack was performed and the transplanted hairs were transitioned into my thinning hair. I did have a very small amount of school loss after the hair transplant and it has all returned.