Smp ink that last a lifetime? And only one session?

Jrpro

Hello everyone

What do you guys think about the Weston system?

He said his patented Needle design allows his Ink to last forever and He can do it in just one session. One of his videos on YouTube stated that multi sessions is a scam just for you to return for they can make more money. Or something like that. I don’t want to misquote him.

And multi sessions can ruin the top of your head because of scarring from the needle. it’s on YouTube you can see the Videos yourself.

Also, you know how some providers use one Ink and others use 3 to 5 different tones.

Do you think using 3 to 5 different tones can camouflage a scar a lot better with a possible 2d-3d illusion?

Thanks everyone!

Permanent SMP can eventually discolor and turn to blue and then you will be only able to work at the Luxor's blue man show for future career choices..

Half joking but trying to point out that permanent SMP has risks and one of the bigger ones is turning blue.

FUE plus temporary SMP would be a better option though the maintenance factor for SMP touchups and the shaving would be there.

I had permanent SMP done inside a nasty FUT scar from Bosley, and it works wonders at concealing it. But I would never recommend doing permanent SMP on any other area of your head.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Permanent SMP can eventually discolor and turn to blue and then you will be only able to work at the Luxor's blue man show for future career choices..

Half joking but trying to point out that permanent SMP has risks and one of the bigger ones is turning blue.

FUE plus temporary SMP would be a better option though the maintenance factor for SMP touchups and the shaving would be there.

I had permanent SMP done inside a nasty FUT scar from Bosley, and it works wonders at concealing it. But I would never recommend doing permanent SMP on any other area of your head.

There are no risks with my permanent system. I developed my pigments in 1989 and they have never changed color. And they can't change color because there are no off-colors added. It is the newbie providers that use commercial pigments that may turn blue. I just don't use one pigment color; I alternate several tones/shades during the one application. There is no reason to have to apply different shades at each session. It took the USPTO 6 years to test and approve my patent before the finalized patent was issued.

As for the hairline, the hairlines I establish are based on the original lost hairline with an "age adjustment." I am clear about this even before I accept someone as a client. If they insist on a hairline other than their natural one or demand that it be dropped down below the natural one, I decline them as a client. Many men can be seen with the typical "SMP" what is called now the "edged up" look. A 45 year old Caucasian male cannot wear an African-American look like this; and yes, he would look ridiculous at any age. And unfortunately, this look is the vast majority that "SMP" companies are putting out there.

I never said that multi-sessions were a "scam" in my video; I just demonstrated why they have to keep repeating the sessions because of fading. There are many excellent multi-session artists out there (and just as many incompetent ones); but they don't have the proper needles nor my specific application method to be able to offer a one-session application.

Edited by MarkWestonHair

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

As for the hairline, the hairlines I establish are based on the original lost hairline with an "age adjustment." I am clear about this even before I accept someone as a client. If they insist on a hairline other than their natural one or demand that it be dropped down below the natural one, I decline them as a client.

One view at your website's gallery proves the complete opposite to your statement. Just looks really awful imo

https://www.markwestonhair.com/scalp-micropigmentation-caucasian

One view at your website's gallery proves the complete opposite to your statement. Just looks really awful imo

https://www.markwestonhair.com/scalp-micropigmentation-caucasian

As all my galleries plainly indicate: "As The Weston System℠ is a one-session appointment only, all these photos were taken immediately after the completion of the pigmentation and hairlines may appear hard until redness subsides within 24 to 48 hours. The final blending, curing of the color and softening of the hairlines can be seen as early as one week to 4 weeks depending on the man’s individual skin type and condition."

You need to view the long-term-results gallery to view photos after curing of the pigment:

https://www.markwestonhair.com/scalp-micropigmentation-long-term-results

The photos in this gallery stand by my statement.

weston-system-post1month.jpg.7bc4a79dbc279a15d390a263e88f5203.jpg

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

As all my galleries plainly indicate: "As The Weston System℠ is a one-session appointment only, all these photos were taken immediately after the completion of the pigmentation and hairlines may appear hard until redness subsides within 24 to 48 hours. The final blending, curing of the color and softening of the hairlines can be seen as early as one week to 4 weeks depending on the man’s individual skin type and condition."

You need to view the long-term-results gallery to view photos after curing of the pigment:

https://www.markwestonhair.com/scalp-micropigmentation-long-term-results

The photos in this gallery stand by my statement.

Hi,

Any good pics of guys that grew their hair out after procedure? Wondering about guys that may have had hair transplants before/after your procedure and am wondering if your procedure gives the illusion (realistically) of a light application of DermMatch/Prothik/Couvre for guys who grew out their hair some after your procedure?

Thanks!

Edited by jjsrader

Mark....I have considered SMP as a way to "top off" my transplants. In other words SMP might be able to provide a tad fuller look once a patient allows his transplant to fully grow in and he can see where he might need a little "extra help" that could be improved by SMP. Like jjsrader asked...do you have any pics of guys that wear their hair longer that use your SMP to provide a fuller look? How do you feel about using SMP for this non-buzzed look purpose?

Also can you comment about my one fear about SMP....which is what are the long term effects of the ink "leeching" into the bloodstream? As I am sure you are aware there have been lots of studies especially in Europe that seem to question whether tattoo ink can be linked to cancer or other maladies? There is a poster in this forum that believes his blood cancer is linked to his SMP. I realize SMP primarily uses a different version of ink than the tattoo industry...but still the concern is there about ink in the bloodstream,

Thanks for any feedback on these issues.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi,

Any good pics of guys that grew their hair out after procedure? Wondering about guys that may have had hair transplants before/after your procedure and am wondering if your procedure gives the illusion (realistically) of a light application of DermMatch/Prothik/Couvre for guys who grew out their hair some after your procedure?

Thanks!

I require most men to buzz (not blade shave) their hair to a length of 1/16 inch for my application. Because this is one-time procedure, I don't get men coming back so I can take their photos. Most of my clients are from out-of-state and international because they don't have to come back for additional sessions. So I don't get them "stopping by" to give me the opportunity to take photos, but I have attached (an immediate after) exmaple. Some men send me photos but the photos are not of the quality I would like to post on my website. In addition, I can only recall a handful of men that decided to grow their hair back out after the application of my system as they were all so thrilled with the look and ease of the buzz cut.

But if you go into my Long Term Results Gallery you can see photos post-procedures at various stages. My Hair Transplant Repair Gallery is another page where you can see the befores and afters of my HT clients. My follicle replication camouflages the light areas of the scalp where the is hair either missing or thin, so it does add to the thickness look of a hair transplant the way topicals do. But as one of the above posters misunderstood, be aware that all the photos in my galleries were taken immediately after The Weston System application so hairlines will look hard and dark.

weston-system-long-hair-before.thumb.JPG.f15ad4e3787a6d7049d7f10c6b7f7041.JPG

weston-system-after-long-hair.thumb.JPG.b6aa2bd53789452772d43953396e80c8.JPG

Edited by MarkWestonHair

Mark....I have considered SMP as a way to "top off" my transplants. In other words SMP might be able to provide a tad fuller look once a patient allows his transplant to fully grow in and he can see where he might need a little "extra help" that could be improved by SMP. Like jjsrader asked...do you have any pics of guys that wear their hair longer that use your SMP to provide a fuller look? How do you feel about using SMP for this non-buzzed look purpose?

Also can you comment about my one fear about SMP....which is what are the long term effects of the ink "leeching" into the bloodstream? As I am sure you are aware there have been lots of studies especially in Europe that seem to question whether tattoo ink can be linked to cancer or other maladies? There is a poster in this forum that believes his blood cancer is linked to his SMP. I realize SMP primarily uses a different version of ink than the tattoo industry...but still the concern is there about ink in the bloodstream,

Thanks for any feedback on these issues.

I would like to comment first that I never refer to my System as "SMP." While my System and "SMP" are both classified as forms of tattoos, my System is an actual follicle replication and not just micropigmentation to the scalp.

Please see my reply to jjsrader regarding hair length. My System adds denseness to areas of the scalp that are thin and/or thinning. I match the color of the man's hair to the length he would like to wear it.

To address the concerns "inks" leeching into the bloodstream, I have been a tattoo artist for over 40 years and have never had a complaint or problem. I am aware of the poster regarding his cancer. Not knowing what type of "ink" was used for his SMP, I cannot really comment. Traditional body art tattoo inks are famous for their bold, bright colors, but they contain iron oxides and other heavy metals which do cause allergic reactions in some people. And these certainly should be avoided on the scalp, although some newbies in the scalp pigmentation field use them, as well as tattoo shops whom now offer "SMP."

I do not use "ink," but pigments I developed in 1989 for cosmetic use. After using commercially-available colors specifically made for permanent cosmetics, I ceased using them because of the color changes to green and blue and the constant fading. I developed my own line of pigments at this time for true "permament" cosmetic use. Again, a one-tine application for those ladies. These are the same base pigments I use now for my patented System. They are strictly carbon-based with no heavy metals and tinted with colors to match a man's natural hair color.

Edited by MarkWestonHair

• 3 months later...

I would be happy to try and get in touch with him, as it has been quite a few years. However, would you kindly contact me through the email address on my website. I would never put a client's personal contact information out for public view.

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2018 at 9:29 AM, MarkWestonHair said:

I require most men to buzz (not blade shave) their hair to a length of 1/16 inch for my application. Because this is one-time procedure, I don't get men coming back so I can take their photos. Most of my clients are from out-of-state and international because they don't have to come back for additional sessions. So I don't get them "stopping by" to give me the opportunity to take photos, but I have attached (an immediate after) exmaple. Some men send me photos but the photos are not of the quality I would like to post on my website. In addition, I can only recall a handful of men that decided to grow their hair back out after the application of my system as they were all so thrilled with the look and ease of the buzz cut.

But if you go into my Long Term Results Gallery you can see photos post-procedures at various stages. My Hair Transplant Repair Gallery is another page where you can see the befores and afters of my HT clients. My follicle replication camouflages the light areas of the scalp where the is hair either missing or thin, so it does add to the thickness look of a hair transplant the way topicals do. But as one of the above posters misunderstood, be aware that all the photos in my galleries were taken immediately after The Weston System application so hairlines will look hard and dark.

weston-system-long-hair-before.thumb.JPG.f15ad4e3787a6d7049d7f10c6b7f7041.JPG

weston-system-after-long-hair.thumb.JPG.b6aa2bd53789452772d43953396e80c8.JPG

Why would you show the unflattering photos of clients immediately after having undergone the procedure?

Doesn't seem like a good marketing move to me. 

You can see how potential clients will be confused, thinking that this is the final outcome look.?

On 8/31/2018 at 3:08 AM, True said:

Why would you show the unflattering photos of clients immediately after having undergone the procedure?

Doesn't seem like a good marketing move to me. 

You can see how potential clients will be confused, thinking that this is the final outcome look.?

I give MarkWeston kudos for answering all questions here. I honestly think that is admirable. But if I look on the website to see the results I think the quality of his work is less than admirable. All other SMP/MHP providers require clients to come back multiple times for a reason.

• 1 month later...

There is no such thing as a one session  treatment that lasts forever,  the body does not work that way.  SMP is a process, shorter for some and longer for others depending on your body chemistry and lifestyle. Every technician who has done at least one treatment is very aware of this fact. Not to mention,  Maintenance over the years is also definitely required.  If a provider tells you they have a special technique and/or pigments and needles that will allow you to only require one session,  they are lying and are only looking to spend as little time working on you as possible,  but will charge you 4-5 grand for around 6-8 hours of work.  Go somewhere else if they claim you will only need one

Edited by SPF_777_JC