Hair transplant at ahd with dr. Hakan doganay

alex84

I am writing this post to show my experiance with my 2nd (and if it doesn't go as expected, last) ht operation in order to help others in their decision about ht and dr selection. Also, this is writen in real time so i don't know the results yet, but we will find out together.

For those who like it short and sweat read just this first post.

-2590 grafts ht with dr. Doganay (diffuse alopecia, 33 years old male, 2nd ht/repair, big scar on the donor zone from another medical procedure)

-two day operation, 4 day/3 nights stay in Antalya (the doctor suggested a two day op and i gladly accepted it)

-Area of coverage: hair line and temples maximum, middle part medium and upper middle part of the head minimum with no hairs transplanted in crown area as per my request

- extraction: automated, 300 single grafts, 1255 double grafts, 1035 triple grafts (extraction was all done by a tehnician after the doctor consulted him and draw the border lines for the extraction)

-implantation: choi pen all done by Dr. Doganay

-Professionalism at top level; the op was completely painless (except for the anestetic), it was running smooth with no stoping, consutations before every part of the procedure, at least 3 people present at all time during the operation, but mostly 4, minimal to none language barrier vis a vis personal assistant/translator who was present at all time

-Reciving area very clean,minimal bleeding, graft placement excelent, density very good (considering diffuse hair loss and thinning hair with no completely bald spots), great coverage with given amount of grafts

-Donor area with almost no bleeding (second night after pilow case completly clean with not one blood spot), very equally harvested with no big scaring

-For now no swelling any where; day after the first part and the day after the second part i was little bit swollen on my forhed but it is completely gone now (2 days after)

-All expenses included, except for the plain ticket; hotel, driv3r, 3 meals per day (two at the hotel, one in the clinic), personal assistant/translator, post op medications which also included food suplements (biotin), finasterid, hair lotion, hair shampoo, hair serum (for growth) and a silly looking fishermans hat.

Now i just need to see how does the donor heal, then i need to is if there will be any shock loss to my native hair and how well do the transplanted graft hold on, and finaly i need to see how well does my transplanted hair grow.

Expectation before the operation 4/5

Expectation after the operation 5/5

Before

image.png

image.png

image.png

2 days after HT Dr. Doganay

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by alex84

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are some photos from the clinic...

preop and postop:

sluzbene4.png

sluzbene4.png

sluzbene4.png

sluzbene4.png

Edited by alex84

I don't think so because i can compare it to my first HT.

The doctor also said that with this explanation:

1. apparently i have unusually strong blood circulation ergo little more bleeding in the donor

2. my grafts are a bit shorter than normal, so the doctor stggled a bit to place them and he had to cement them or some thing like that

This is what bloody looks like in my case (first bad HT exp):

day after, last pic 2 days after

sluzbene4.png

Hello guys, please comment or share some advice...i have had a very bad 1st HT experience so i need some reassurance from the more experienced mebers

what was the price? :)

Price was the last thing on my mind, but to answer you question: The price was right!:D

His standard price is 2€/graft, but it looks like he has some kind of semi permanent discount.

I had saved up enough to go to any ht surgeon in Turky so i choose dr. Hakan between three of the best. One didn't have such good result for the thing i wanted, the other vetted me so much that it seemed like he was selecting me and not the other way around and dr. Hakan had very good result for the thing that i needed.

Also, i had seen few of my colleges results from dr. Hakan ht and it was very good.

Can anyone please tell me how to change the name of my thread; i want it to say: "DR DOGANAY 2590 GRAFTS FUE HT DIFFUSE ALOPECIA"

Also, how do i add a signature to my post?

Edited by alex84

Five days after the opreration everything looks good...for now.

Donor area scabs had fell off, and my donor looks ok, or so i think. No noticeable scaring and also no swelling. During my first op my donor looked like a golf ball for around three weeks.

Actualy, i didn't have any swelling anywhere after my second day!

And no pain whatsoever, so that's cool...

screenshot_191.png

screenshot_194.png

thanks for your answer..Of course the price is not most important..thats resultat! and i think you will be..

One question, why was you not happy with first HT? what happend?

i will follow this thread..keep it alive :D

Thx, i do hope so...

In my first HT i was scammed, horrible HL, they lied about the number of transplated grafts, didn't plant them where i wanted, i lost a part of my donor...

The worst thing is the shock of going from a guy with "not so great hair" to a "diffused guy" that can't cover up his head even with longer hair!

And also, i lost my money, and just so you understand, 2000€ in my country is like 5-6000€ in your country... doctors in my country earn from 1500-2500€ per month.

You can see what happened here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188801-bad-experience-sante-3000grafts.html

You keep following and commenting, and i will keep this thread alive for at least a year.

Edited by alex84

Ten days after op my donor looks almost healed, redness is barely visible. :)

Scabs from the recipient area didn't fall off yet, but that may be because i am still using tapping technique to wash my hair...

I am thinking of using corticosteroid solution (alpicortF) to heal recipient area, but not sure if it is safe for the transplanted hair. I will ask dr. Doganay and see what he thinks about it.

screenshot_197.png

screenshot_197.png

• 2 weeks later...

All of the recipient scabs are gone, and my transplanted hair looks so great...why can't it stay like this? :(

As instructed by the doctor, i am not using anything on my hair until day 30 (alpicortF and nanogen hair growth serum).

It did take a while for the last scabs to fall off, but i am satisfied because i didn't see many hair fall off with the scabs so i am guessing that it means that my transplanted hair successfully attached to my scalp.

My donor is healing well, there is some redness, but it is not noticable. I will give my final judgement about the donor after two months when all the redness is gone and i see how well my longer hair covers the whole area.

pictures with flashlight

screenshot_207.png

screenshot_207.png

first with flashlight, second without

screenshot_207.png

pictures without flashlight

screenshot_207.png

screenshot_207.png

Also, there is one sad little person who keeps claiming that i made a mistake with my choice for this HT, and keeps wishing my results fail, although i really do not know why.

To be honest, my expectations were a bit lower before the op, but when i look at results so far i am expecting more than before...i got exactly what i wanted: graft placement is like i asked, my hair line is corrected as much as i wanted (dr wanted to correct my HL in full, but i said no because i didnt want to spend a few hundred grafts there), i had almost no swelling (only a day or two after and just two cm below my hair line), no bleeding after HT (donor or recipiant), no visible scarring, no itching and so on... you can see everything in the photos.

If i am being subjective, please point me to any mistake because for now i dont see any. :)

Also, there is one sad little person who keeps claiming that i made a mistake with my choice for this HT, and keeps wishing my results fail, although i really do not know why.

To be honest, my expectations were a bit lower before the op, but when i look at results so far i am expecting more than before...i got exactly what i wanted: graft placement is like i asked, my hair line is corrected as much as i wanted (dr wanted to correct my HL in full, but i said no because i didnt want to spend a few hundred grafts there), i had almost no swelling (only a day or two after and just two cm below my hair line), no bleeding after HT (donor or recipiant), no visible scarring, no itching and so on... you can see everything in the photos.

If i am being subjective, please point me to any mistake because for now i dont see any. :)

sorry to hear that, the forum is for the most part supportive. Dr Dogonay has burnt a few people in the past so there may be some hurt feelings out there still which is understandable but any animosity that exists should be towards the doctor not patients, nothing but best hopes for patients. The doctor has since those days made a concerted effort to turn his practice back into the top notch facility it was in years past and his results have reflected that and I am sure your result will reflect that as well. Your hairline does indeed look great enjoy it for the next few days cause the ugly duckling is coming for you, like it did for us all lol. Keep us updated!

sorry to hear that, the forum is for the most part supportive. Dr Dogonay has burnt a few people in the past so there may be some hurt feelings out there still which is understandable but any animosity that exists should be towards the doctor not patients, nothing but best hopes for patients. The doctor has since those days made a concerted effort to turn his practice back into the top notch facility it was in years past and his results have reflected that and I am sure your result will reflect that as well. Your hairline does indeed look great enjoy it for the next few days cause the ugly duckling is coming for you, like it did for us all lol. Keep us updated!

Thanks, and i completely agree with every word you said, but that kid was not involved with dr doganay... i would understand if that were the case.

Anyway, i am far from any real results but i am optimistic because this looks like a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

So, my shedding has started...i see hair falling off every time i wash my hair. Other than that everything is ok. I started using alpicort F and some hair growing serum,but still holding off from exercising. It doesn't seem that i had any native hair loss, but i will know for sure after all my transplanted hair sheds.

screenshot_239.png

screenshot_238.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am guessing that all of my transplanted hair has fallen out, it is hard to tell...also i am not sure if any new hair started its growth. Anyway it is a waiting game from now on.

This pictures are 45 days after the HT without any haircut since.

screenshot_252.png

screenshot_252.png

screenshot_252.png

OP, sorry to hear that you had a bad HT before. As an Istanbul native, I've never ever heard of a clinic called Sante. How the hell you people find out about those clinics that even we Turks don't know?

I think you have made a good decision by going to Dr. Doğanay. He is very experienced at repair transplants. You will be fine ;)

OP, sorry to hear that you had a bad HT before. As an Istanbul native, I've never ever heard of a clinic called Sante. How the hell you people find out about those clinics that even we Turks don't know?

I think you have made a good decision by going to Dr. Doğanay. He is very experienced at repair transplants. You will be fine ;)

Hahaha, it is good for your health that you never heard about Sante Plus :)

Aggressive marketing strategy, that is how i heard about them...we don't have any HT clinics in my country, also we don't have any real knowledge about HT...

i never heard anyone mention HT, not even a doctor.

Sante guys knew this and opened up two clinics not far from me and started advertising over internet, facebook and our national hair loss forum.

Sante Plus Aesthetic | www.santeesthetic.com &

P.S. the guy in the FB photo is the one that operated on me :mad:

Hey Alex, just checked your first HT with that clinic called Sante. No way in hell they transplanted more than 1500 grafts. It might be even lower than 1000 grafts. What a scam artist that doctor is! Still, consider yourself very lucky. At least they did not waste your precious grafts. You lost some money but that's it. Could've been a lot worse. Now you are on the right path my friend ;)

Are you from Montenegro?

Edited by Turk

Hey Alex, just checked your first HT with that clinic called Sante. No way in hell they transplanted more than 1500 grafts. It might be even lower than 1000 grafts. What a scam artist that doctor is! Still, consider yourself very lucky. At least they did not waste your precious grafts. You lost some money but that's it. Could've been a lot worse. Now you are on the right path my friend ;)

Are you from Montenegro?

No i am from Croatia or as you call it Hrvatistan.

Yes i know; i even tried to count the grafts and came to the same conclusion as you.

They told me that they implanted the maximum amount of grafts considering my hair density. So my hair was so densethat they couldn't plant more :) :) :)

This is hair perfection for them! :D

First img 1month after 1st HT, second is 40 days after 2nd HT

screenshot_259.png

Hey Alex, I'm considering Dr. Hakan, but my worry is that the donor area seem to be very thin in a lot of his patients, is that something you can comment on in your stage of the treatment? is it concealed well or is it in a bad state?

Hello Tucuyunubor,i am not sure what are you worried about...if he can harvest a weak donor and thin hairwith no visible scarring than he can do even better with good donor or/and thick hair. You probably see more results with weak donor from him because he is not that selective with his clients as some other doctors; you dont have to have a finger thick hair with a donor capacity of 15ooo grafts for him to take you as a client... as long as you have realistic expectations you will be satisfied.