How much does sweating affect the overall result (temporary smp)

So it's obvious that you're not meant to do it from the post op instructions, but with Australia being in a bit of a heat wave, the heat and humidity caused me to sweat quite a bit when leaving the hotel for food. I wasn't leaking beads of sweat like when you exercise at the gyn but was kind of covered in a damp mist that I could also feel on my scalp. Basically sweating enough to wet the scalp but my hair was still dry.

This is all basically immediately after the session (within 4 hours).

It looks fine so far, but could this lead to a massive fading that ruins the result much quicker?

Hi Transhair, You always want to follow postcare instructions as closely as possible and exercise caution. However, I don't think it's anything to be overly alarmed about. Once the pigment is injected into the dermis it's not easy for it to just leak out with sweat. You should do your best though to baby your scalp for at least a week following the procedure while it heals.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Even long after the treatment is completed sweat does fade pigments,   on temperary and the semi-permanent smp (most people call it permanent for marketing purposes but its semi-perm/temp). I run quite a bit and wear hat and bandana to protect from uv exposure and the sweat gets saturated in bandana and over time does cause some fading.  I rinse my head after workouts and running.  So many things fade pigments but #1 causes are sun and cuts to scalp.  Smp is very good but requires alot of routine maintenance ie:touchups, can be a frustrating process watching your $$ fade. Best to have artist near your home or learn to do minor touchups youself at home.  Its actually quite easy.