Anyone ever had a transplant with Dr. Arocha in Texas?

jttx85

I recently had a FUE transplant with Dr. Arocha in Houston, TX, and I was slightly confused because he only did the hairline incision and not the actual extracting. I was under the impression that he would be doing the extracting too since a lot of other doctors, I read about, actually do the hairline incision and the extraction of the grafts. As long as the results will be the same, it doesn't matter to me, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't an exception and that other patients with Dr. Arocha had the same treatment.

My operation was in 3 parts -

Dr. Arocha draws the hairline and does the incision.

Assistant 1 extracted my grafts.

Assistant 2 and 3 inserted grafts into new hairline.

For those that had the surgery with Dr. Arocha, how were your results in the end in terms of growth, density, and healing of the donor area?

I'm 11 days post op. People weren't lying when they raved about his customer service. He actually contacted me a week after the surgery asking me if I wanted to come in for a check up and then asked me to come in again in 3 weeks for another check up to monitor my progress. So the experience was definitely great, but now these next few months can't come fast enough lol.

Jtx85,

I am honestly very surprised that nobody has responded yet because many patients on this forum have had a procedure from Dr. Arocha and have been very happy. He is one of our recommended and Coalition physicians which means he's had to pass demanding standards and acquire approval by a multitude of people (patients and doctors). He's an excellent physician and a very nice guy - I've spoken with him a multitude of times I recommend consulting with him ASAP.

Best wishes,

Bill

Jtx85,

I am honestly very surprised that nobody has responded yet because many patients on this forum have had a procedure from Dr. Arocha and have been very happy. He is one of our recommended and Coalition physicians which means he's had to pass demanding standards and acquire approval by a multitude of people (patients and doctors). He's an excellent physician and a very nice guy - I've spoken with him a multitude of times I recommend consulting with him ASAP.

Best wishes,

Bill

One thing that impressed me at the consultation was I got to meet him personally instead of just a sales rep. I spent about 45 minutes with an assistant and then Dr. Arocha sat and spoke with me for a good 30 minutes about what kind of loss I was dealing with and what hairlines he would recommend before taking some before pictures.

I think what made me choose Arocha was his before and after pics seemed to provide the best density out of all the other doctors I was considering,and I believe he said he was one of the few doctors that had the skill to use a .7 mm punch. My biggest concern was having an even hairline again but with poor density.

I'm glad to hear that Dr. Arocha, as busy as he is still makes time to sit with prospective patients and shares his personal thoughts with them. In my opinion, that's important.

In my opinion, you've done well if you are selecting Dr. Arocha for your procedure. I hope you'll share your experience and updates here so we can read and follow your progress. We'll watch your transformation like a chia pet :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a 2500 FUT with dr Arocha on July 3rd, 2018, so that puts me at around 6 weeks post op. Slight shedding in one small region in donor area and the recipient area has probably shed around 40% so more shedding to come. Scalp redness is still present but turning light pink and healing well. Arocha made all the recipient sites himself . I have a long way to go before I see results but I am confident, it will be good!

• 3 months later...
On 1/8/2018 at 5:56 PM, jttx85 said:

I recently had a FUE transplant with Dr. Arocha in Houston, TX, and I was slightly confused because he only did the hairline incision and not the actual extracting. I was under the impression that he would be doing the extracting too since a lot of other doctors, I read about, actually do the hairline incision and the extraction of the grafts. As long as the results will be the same, it doesn't matter to me, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't an exception and that other patients with Dr. Arocha had the same treatment.

My operation was in 3 parts -

Dr. Arocha draws the hairline and does the incision.

Assistant 1 extracted my grafts.

Assistant 2 and 3 inserted grafts into new hairline.

Hi, thanks for posting about your experience with Dr. Arocha. I cinsukted with him last week. I think you are around  9 months post up. How are your results? Please update!

• 3 weeks later...