#BAM #BeforeAndAfterMondays Filling it In” 67-Year-Old Woman (1730 grafts): Carlos K.

This 67-year-old woman underwent a follicular unit transplantation (FUT) session with Dr. Carlos K. Wesley in which a total of 1730 grafts were placed

Her hair follicles were incubated in autologous (her own) platelet rich plasma (PRP) throughout the duration of the procedure. This, combined with an ATP-containing storage solution has been shown to enhance survival of transplanted hairs.

As with all of Dr. Wesley’s patients, she was NOT required to shave her hair for the procedure. As a result, this patient was able to return comfortably to work and social activities within approximately 7-10 days of his procedure.

The patient returned one year after her procedure and images of the patient can be seen below.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide9.jpg

That's amazing. It'slways great to see a successful female hair transplant represented here. As awful as hair loss can be for men, I have to imagine that for a woman it's even worse, so I'm always delighted to see these success stories.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I prefer 'parted styled hair' before shots (not combed away emphasizing baldness) to 'parted styled hair' after shots.

I find these before/after shots somewhat disingenuous - you need to have baseline to baseline photos (same exact hairstyles if you are going to have the hair same length before/after).

Lots of clinics do this to show 'before' baldness but it is somewhat misleading.

Overly messy and flyaway hair that is purposely parted to emphasize baldness in before shots then have to be compared in the same way with the after shots.

Also her hair is slightly lighter in after shots which also makes the results look more dense - but that's her own hair coloring maintenance thing - clinics can't control that.

That being written you do good work for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Attached are the pattern pictures

unnamed-4.jpg.2313f25823ad2c767d3b01bcfc4d3282.jpg

unnamed-5.jpg.98f261669b0fdd2b6228fe6ca69ebb0c.jpg

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

• 1 month later...

Here’s a picture of her donor area :)

E08F8B9B-FE30-411A-A164-92A4983955E3.jpeg.783a9a3d8fc818666bd22a644a7acff4.jpeg

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com