Stripping in the transplanted area?

saty11

Hello HRN, This is my first post but I have been chatting with few folks here through direct messaging. I finally took the leap to do the transplant (FUT). It has been 10 days since my surgery. I noticed stripes, void of hair since 7th day (coinciding with the removal of sutures). Initially, it was one narrow stripe which grew into a full network in the last 3 days.

I am following the post care instructions very carefully, except that I am washing my hair only once (I have cold problem with excess head wash). I have run this by my doctor and she said its fine as long as I dont sweat or soil my scalp too much.

I would really appreciate any feedback from the network on the stripping issue and how it can be stopped.

TIA!

20180108_195524.thumb.jpg.2b0047a7f13b54478772c296b86b4d43.jpg

I had them too. But, I am not really sure if it is okay to have them. I had them pretty late though, like in the 3-4 th week. I thought I was shedding. So, dint do anything about it.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Tbh, I don't recall ever seeing anything like this. I would send these pics to your surgeon and see what they have to say about it, regardless of any advice or input you receive here.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

This looks like an unusually pronounced example of a common phenomenon known as 'valleys', for obvious reasons. It sometimes happens shortly after surgery and I've never known it to impact upon the success of the procedure. In time it'll go and you shouldn't* notice any sign of that pattern in the final result.

*I say "shouldn't" rather than a more confident "won't" because there is always the chance that you'll be unlucky, but I really don't think you should worry. I've seen patients with your issue many times.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Apart from shampooing once a day, i didnt do anything else. I hit my 15th day mark yesterday and applied coconut oil. I am planning on applying oil for next few days to moisturize the skin. Lets see if that takes care of the valleys.