Hair Transplant Result - 1 year after – 3500 FUE – NW4 – HDC Hair Clinic

This is a 33-year-old patient coming from Poland. His goal is to cover all the baldness, front and crown. To finish this job, it has been estimated that about 5000 grafts were needed.

As the concern of HDC Hair Clinic is to complete the coverage without depleting the donor, it was decided to break the amount of 5000 grafts into 2 sessions. We proceeded with 3500 grafts to cover the front as shown below.

The coverage with natural look was achieved in the front and top area. The donor is also demonstrated 1 year after for you to see the meaning of respecting the donor and leaving is ready for 2nd and 3rd FUE Hair transplants if needed.

We will post later also the surgery on the crown for this patient.

In addition, you can see more information about avoiding donor Depletion in the our article below:

https://www.hairtransplants-hdc.com/blog/item/avoiding-scarring-and-depletion-of-the-donor-in-large-fue-sessions

Regards,

Giuseppe

Before

1_zpsy1xmupbk.jpg

2_zpsd4nstwvq.jpg

3_zpsx33ls7ri.jpg

4_zpsfqkjaqlh.jpg

Immediately after

5_zpsutgpj68y.jpg

5 days after

6_zpsku1vg9qz.jpg

1 year after

7_zps8vuexuym.jpg

8_zpswjoagtuk.jpg

9_zpsdq4m414e.jpg

10_zps4bn5qbgz.jpg

12_zpsgnteojd0.jpg

Donor after 1 year

11_zpsddbwo9dy.jpg

Giuseppe Grezzi 

Representative of HDC Hair Clinic and  Head  Hair transplant Technician

Email : giuseppe@hdc.com.cy    Whatapp +357 97 741250   HDC Whatsapp +357 99 205741

Question: What difference does it make if someone did all of their donor available in 2-3 sessions over say 3-5 days (not for me) vs the approach in this post.

Hair is hair and it is my understanding that going back after 1st FUE (significant time later) that the damage is already done to surrounding blood supply, etc...

Just wondering...

Outstanding natural work as always!

Was the surgeon Dr. Maras?

The second procedure should provide the extra icing on the cake for the crown and overall density.

But he no longer looks bald in the frontal third (crown area aside of course) and definite major cosmetic improvement.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

In response to “jjsrader” post... I had 5,125 grafts transplanted in September of 2012. A little over 2 years later I had another 2,000 grafts transplanted. My donor areas and blood supply was absolutely fine. In fact... I was on display at the International Hair Restoration conference in Chicago a couple years ago where dozens of hair surgeons examined my hair and donor areas. Several physicians were so impressed with the strength of my donor area...they suggested moving 2,000 more grafts to my crown area.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

jjsrader you might want to educate yourself about FUE. I keep seeing talking crap about it. Ever had a fue procedure? Ever had a transplant at all? Hmmmm

It's all good my friend. Yes, I have had 8500 grafts (8000 FUT) & 500 FUE thus far.

I'll have another 3K FUT in Oct' '18 and then finish off with 5.5K (3K and 2.5K a year apart in '19 and then '20) FUE. I believe my main surgeons and treatments and such are on my profile.

I am not talking trash - I just realize that too much FUE too soon and in too large mega-sessions can compromise further sessions.

I'm always open to learning more about the nuances of hair restoration. I'm a veteran at this game though.

peace...

Edited by jjsrader

Maybe; but I've got an extremely large head. My last FUT surgery was in March '17 and I've lost 70lbs+ since then and if I'm at 175lbs that'll be 95lbs of weight loss.

In October '18 I'll see how much flexibility I have for my final FUT.

Was told that w/alot of weight loss (I'm way over 6ft and carried my girth well) at 12-18 months after one can usually go back at the most recent scar and take another big chunk. It feels like I have alot of laxity back at 9.5 months post op.

I'm guessing I can get another 3K.

After another 12-18 months I'll have my FUE possiblities checked out by a few surgeons.

Keep in mind without surgeries/hair loss treatments I would be a NW7 by age 60 (I'm 50 now) so I don't mind having my FUE 'thin out my native' healthy hair zone quite a bit - but not to 50% or anything silly.

I'm guessing I'll have total 5K FUE available in 2 final surgeries. I wear my hair grown out so I don't care about 'dots' or 'scars.'

I did a write up my most recent surgery in March '18 in the most recent Dr. Suneet Soni thread.

We'll see how everything goes - if I end up 2K short of my estimates I'll still consider it a success.

I have very fine (Swedish/German heritage) brown/auburn hair - w/a very pale white scalp so I need the grafts to have full coverage.

I know a couple internet posters that have had 15K head hair grafts - so it is not unprecedented if one is willing to go through all of this.

I don't even recommend hair restoration but I started in '1991 - so I'm locked in for the duration of my life.

To be bald for me is simply not acceptable.

I would like to see you case, but mathematically it is hard to believe for me. How can you get 17 kGrafts out of a donor which is heading towards NW6 or NW7. Independent of the extraction method (FUE or FUT) this sounds amazing.

Also FUT thins your donor or shrinks the area (or both) so it is really a miracle to me.

I have yet to see a case with above 10 FU from scalp only.

I 'would' be a NW6 or NW7 without hair-loss treatments by age 60. I have used finasteride since the 90's and then began dutasteride in 2002 and began minox 2% in the early 90's and have upped my minox to 30% (compounded at a pharmacy) over the years. Also, long-time 20+ year user of Nizoral 2% Shampoo 2X's per week.

Finally, I use a 440 diode laser helmet. Without any transplants I would be a 4A on the Norwood scale at this point. Without treating my hairloss with medications or transplants I would be a NW6 at this point.

I am considering PRP w/ACELL as well this year but need a proper evaluation from Cooley and a certain doctor in Georgia I can't mention by name here.

Unfortunately I have been losing my hair since age 21 - very slowly but somewhat steadily. I will post my next hair transplant experience in the fall of '18 and have doctor and my sister take high-resolution detailed photos.

Yes, the back of my head looks like a war zone due to several small strip surgeries in the early-mid 90's but I only shave down for surgery.

Frankly, due to my very fine hair caliber and straight hair and slightly below avg. normal density of donor hair my current 8.5K transplants probably don't even look as good as alot of guys 3.5K restorations.

Thus why I am going to do more surgery spaced out. I noticed more hair loss from '10 through '14 in my mid-vertex and slowly creeping into my crown and that's why I did a mega-session of total 5K in March of '18 (to address this region for now).

I'm not proud of still having surgery at my age nor do I want to be the person to end up with so many grafts - it is just I don't identify as a bald man. I'll be that guy with coverage but never outstanding hair.

Perhaps w/my final strip surgery in fall of '18 I'll have enough coverage to satisfy myself for several more years. I won't know until another 18 months after that to assess properly.

So be it.

It's all about genetics. Usually I don't even think about surgeries and my regimen and 75% of the year I keep my hair fairly short 'cause longer hairstyles don't work well with my hair.