LA Hair Clinic - Reviews?

hairlossPA

Hi community. Has anyone heard of this clinic in California?

LA Hair Clinic

They have great youtube videos and a great instagram account. I've only read good reviews from these guys.

Attached some pics but you can view more on their IG.

5b32f856cedb4_ScreenShot2018-01-07at3_04_12PM.jpg.9d302b37cbb67640c0d49b92db4c1e80.jpg

5b32f856e4693_ScreenShot2018-01-07at3_04_59PM.jpg.257060ad4d4c0161c17516a8f948486d.jpg

5b32f857048ee_ScreenShot2018-01-07at3_05_17PM.jpg.669b0872654b63aa982033abfbe98844.jpg

5b32f8572594a_ScreenShot2018-01-07at3_06_26PM.jpg.a4dd38ec7f14e985c9666aa1d2cebdcc.jpg

Edited by Admin
Promotional links removed

I have no idea what you are talking about.. I am not Jacques lol

I came across them in my very early days of research (before i found this forum). When I got on this forum I couldn't find anything about them so I decided to ask the community...

I'm not being promotional by any means... Just supplying the information

For those out there searching clinics like this one: spend a few months on this forum researching who are the best surgeons in the world for both FUT and FUE, choose which method suits your case best, and then go with only one of those elite surgeons.

My personal favorites based on a decade or so of research are in my signature.

But don't be afraid to use the search button, and do not go with a surgeon or clinic that has not been heavily vetted by the veteran members on this site.

There are a few affordable ones out there (Maras) and one iffy clinic in Mexico that has a strong following that you can search if you're short on funds.

good luck to all prospective patients

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

What clinic in Mexico are you referring 2 ?

Some of the new people here really don't want to do any research at all. That will definitely lead to people ending up with a subpar surgeon guys!

Actually the whole point of my reply was to recommend to do some research on this site..

I'm not mentioning his full name as I've heard stories of people having to strap cash on their ankles etc and he's not someone I recommend readily, but the first letter starts with N.

Again the point is that if you do enough research on this forum you will find out who the elite surgeons are, and may even find some hidden gems in the process.

good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

For those out there searching clinics like this one: spend a few months on this forum researching who are the best surgeons in the world for both FUT and FUE, choose which method suits your case best, and then go with only one of those elite surgeons.

My personal favorites based on a decade or so of research are in my signature.

But don't be afraid to use the search button, and do not go with a surgeon or clinic that has not been heavily vetted by the veteran members on this site.

There are a few affordable ones out there (Maras) and one iffy clinic in Mexico that has a strong following that you can search if you're short on funds.

good luck to all prospective patients

hspr10,

while erdogen has good results, i feel like like ASMED has been overdoing it with the total amount of grafts used. thoughts on this?

I would 100% agree with this man. Any of us who have done the online consults will always get higher graft recommendations from ASMED. I and others came to the conclusion it is something they pad into their pricing setup. The cost per graft is low but their system makes up for it by quoting more grafts..

However their results and countless ones at that speak for themselves, and I put them up their with Konior in difficulty level to find a failed case or really bad review online.

If you want nearly guaranteed results it's hard to beat those two based on my research.

go dense or go home

Some of the new people here really don't want to do any research at all. That will definitely lead to people ending up with a subpar surgeon guys!

Actually the whole point of my reply was to recommend to do some research on this site..

I'm not mentioning his full name as I've heard stories of people having to strap cash on their ankles etc and he's not someone I recommend readily, but the first letter starts with N.

Again the point is that if you do enough research on this forum you will find out who the elite surgeons are, and may even find some hidden gems in the process.

good luck

Hey hsrp10,

So how someone decides to transport money out of the country when traveling as precaution can effect the result of the procedure ? I’m sure the same guy who decided to travel like that would do it going to any place out of the country as it’s a foreign place and you don’t know what can happen.

I honestly base my selection on results, what method is used to extract the grafts and who does the extractions.

I’m not trying to start anything but I just thought what you said was funny. Now Mexico itself is an iffy place, yes.

I see that this particular topic has been started to discuss a particular clinic in California and has digressed into a conversation about draft estimates from Dr. Erdogan. So I’ll me to provide my opinion or at least thoughts about both. For starters, I am not familiar with the clinic mentioned above however, to the original poster, we do recommend some outstanding hair restoration physicians in California worth consulting with and considering. They have been prescreened this community and you can find examples of their results posted by both patients and their clinics on this community. So don’t just take our word for it based on recommendations, do your research on this forum and see for yourself.

Regarding Dr. Erdogan, I too have noticed that his graft estimates appear to be on the higher side. However, in my opinion, this is not necessarily wrong or a bad thing. At the end of the day, each physician has their own philosophy as to how to best create the illusion of density. Many doctors will provide a more conservative estimate leaving many grafts available in the donor area for future work if needed. However, others may be more aggressive based on family history of hair loss and decide that it may be highly unlikely for a particular patient to lose much more hair and decide to use more grafts in the interest of providing more density.

While some operate under the “less is more“ philosophy, others represent the “more is more” philosophy. In my opinion, they both make sense under a different set of circumstances. Since I had a decent amount of donor hair, I felt that the “more is more“ philosophy was more appropriate for me. Moreover, I was West concerned about any scarring on the sides and back of my head then I was filling the balding areas and making them as dense as possible.

Anyway, I think it would be nice to hear Dr. Erdogan’s Philosophy on this and why he may typically be on the higher side when it comes to harvesting follicular units.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey hsrp10,

So how someone decides to transport money out of the country when traveling as precaution can effect the result of the procedure ? I’m sure the same guy who decided to travel like that would do it going to any place out of the country as it’s a foreign place and you don’t know what can happen.

I honestly base my selection on results, what method is used to extract the grafts and who does the extractions.

I’m not trying to start anything but I just thought what you said was funny. Now Mexico itself is an iffy place, yes.

Nah what I said wasn't funny at all.

Again my comment has nothing to do whatsoever with Mexican doctors. It was to encourage people to do a little research on the HRN.

I don't recommend going to a place where your personal safety and your hard earned dollars for your transplant may be in jeopardy.

go dense or go home

Anyway, I think it would be nice to hear Dr. Erdogan’s Philosophy on this and why he may typically be on the higher side when it comes to harvesting follicular units.

Bill, I agree with this 100%!

I had asked directly in the results threads they had posted a few times, and never got a response as to why they always use more grafts than other clinics.

If they could clarify that it would help other patients a great deal (then I wouldn't have to answer and get caught up in this ;-)

That does remain the biggest concern among many prospective ASMED patients based on my research.

go dense or go home

What makes it more interesting is that Dr Lorenzo and Dr Erdogan both use the coverage value system so they should both be getting similar numbers in terms of necessary grafts but the estimates are still miles apart. I can never get a straight answer on this either. I've heard from a couple patients on what they believe is the reason but the clinics never come out and said why.

As an Asmed patient (review to follow), I would say that Dr. Erdogan places many more grafts than other surgeons in areas that are thinning but not bald. He seems to be able to do this without permanent shock loss to the thinning hair which comes back after a few months. His strategy therfore seems to be to provide transplanted hair to areas that he feels will need hair in the future. This approach suited me as I woud prefer not to have another transplant for quite some time if at all.

I would 100% agree with this man. Any of us who have done the online consults will always get higher graft recommendations from ASMED. I and others came to the conclusion it is something they pad into their pricing setup. The cost per graft is low but their system makes up for it by quoting more grafts..

However their results and countless ones at that speak for themselves, and I put them up their with Konior in difficulty level to find a failed case or really bad review online.

If you want nearly guaranteed results it's hard to beat those two based on my research.

By what percentage does Asmed typically pad their recommended number of grafts? Double what other clinics suggest?

He uses lateral slits, right? Perhaps he feels like Armani surgeons - that dense packing is his specialty and he's good at it, he has the techs and facilities to do so and naturally he makes more money w/his techs doing 80%+ of the workload.

I would think one would have to ask him in person and even then would he say the same thing to a patient vs his staff?

Not judging - just interested as well. Good thread w/good posters!

As an Asmed patient (review to follow), I would say that Dr. Erdogan places many more grafts than other surgeons in areas that are thinning but not bald. He seems to be able to do this without permanent shock loss to the thinning hair which comes back after a few months. His strategy therfore seems to be to provide transplanted hair to areas that he feels will need hair in the future. This approach suited me as I woud prefer not to have another transplant for quite some time if at all.

and this is what I keep hearing from patients, it seems unnecessarily reckless. There is no rhyme or reason as to who will have shock loss and why and it if it will come back or if it won't. If you're going into a minaturized area you're playing with fire, it's like creating demand by causing the problem in the first place. I would hope this isn't what the clinics doing.

and this is what I keep hearing from patients, it seems unnecessarily reckless. There is no rhyme or reason as to who will have shock loss and why and it if it will come back or if it won't. If you're going into a minaturized area you're playing with fire, it's like creating demand by causing the problem in the first place. I would hope this isn't what the clinics doing.

Have to disagree with you there. Erdogans methods are justified by the consistently excellent results that are posted by the clinic and by patients across several diffent hair loss forums. If you don't like his approach then fair enough, go to another clinic. As far as having permanent shock loss, yes this can happen but it's considered that any lost hair was on it's way out anyway and the transplanted hair will be in place to replace it. Not that I think this is a problem with ASMED as I haven't seen any of their patients complain about permenent shock loss.

• 1 month later...

I had a reasonable amount of grafts into miniaturised areas and it worked out very well, there was no noticeable shockloss even in the short term. I didn't really have a choice because if I was to have a thick hairline and frontal third it wasn't going to work with a thinned out and sick looking forelock.

I disagree its "like playing with fire", his clinic has had the same approach for years and years and I've genuinely never see a single person have an issue with permanent shock loss at ASMED. If you can find one from the hundreds and hundreds of Erdogan results online that include placement into areas of miniaturisation then feel free to share it, but otherwise it just sounds like fearmongering. Plenty of other surgeons work on patients with diffuse pattern hairloss also, there is a 5000ish graft Arocha case on a patient with diffuse and it had nothing but compliments, being a strong result. Of course its more acceptable blame someone breaking the rules when they're a Turk rather than American.

But genuinely, if people are going to make the shock loss argument to a surgeon that has had this approach successfully for so long they better damn well show some evidence using results of the surgeon they're critiquing.

Also this from you in another thread

"As for other doctors who would be good to consult with as a diffuse patient. Dr Lorenzo, I had him as my doc and I'm a diffuse patient he's got lots of vids on youtube showing his work with diffuse patients"

I respect your opinions and you obviously have a good knowledge of what you're discussing, but don't be a bullshit artist because clearly that's what's going on here. This is a post from a day ago of you admitting that you had a transplant as a "diffuse patient" (miniaturised hairs), and yet here you are criticising Erdogan for doing so. Laughable hypocrisy.

When Erdogan uses his coverage value system which typically results in higher potential graft numbers than other surgeons it ALWAYS results in criticism.

When Lorenzo uses the EXACT SAME SYSTEM and gets the same giant numbers, absolutely no one complains.

When Erdogan operates on a 22 year old like I was, he cops criticism for being unethical or reckless.

When Feller or Hasson and Wong do the same with a hairline no less aggressive or dense than mine was, they receive zero criticism or simply mention that they were on medication and understood the risks and its all fine and dandy.

When Erdogan gets a very rare poor result while being one of the surgeons with the most results available to view online in the world (up there with Lorenzo in regards to consistency of high yields also) people tend to jump on the trash talk bandwagon.

When Feriduni or Lupanzula get a bad result (and boy are there a lot of them), no one gives a shit. "There are risks with every surgery, you'll likely need another pass". Of course this is accurate, but where was the same comment in the case of Erdogan?

And of course here, in the thousands of Erdogan results I have seen there isn't a single case where a person has had visible issues with permanent shock loss or brought it up. Of course however he gets criticised for implanting into diffused areas by someone like yourself due to riskiness, when you LITERALLY HAD THE SAME THING DONE TO YOURSELF BY ANOTHER SURGEON.

lel.

Also this from you in another thread

"As for other doctors who would be good to consult with as a diffuse patient. Dr Lorenzo, I had him as my doc and I'm a diffuse patient he's got lots of vids on youtube showing his work with diffuse patients"

I respect your opinions and you obviously have a good knowledge of what you're discussing, but don't be a bullshit artist because clearly that's what's going on here. This is a post from a day ago of you admitting that you had a transplant as a "diffuse patient" (miniaturised hairs), and yet here you are criticising Erdogan for doing so. Laughable hypocrisy.

When Erdogan uses his coverage value system which typically results in higher potential graft numbers than other surgeons it ALWAYS results in criticism.

When Lorenzo uses the EXACT SAME SYSTEM and gets the same giant numbers, absolutely no one complains.

When Erdogan operates on a 22 year old like I was, he cops criticism for being unethical or reckless.

When Feller or Hasson and Wong do the same with a hairline no less aggressive or dense than mine was, they receive zero criticism or simply mention that they were on medication and understood the risks and its all fine and dandy.

When Erdogan gets a very rare poor result while being one of the surgeons with the most results available to view online in the world (up there with Lorenzo in regards to consistency of high yields also) people tend to jump on the trash talk bandwagon.

When Feriduni or Lupanzula get a bad result (and boy are there a lot of them), no one gives a shit. "There are risks with every surgery, you'll likely need another pass". Of course this is accurate, but where was the same comment in the case of Erdogan?

And of course here, in the thousands of Erdogan results I have seen there isn't a single case where a person has had visible issues with permanent shock loss or brought it up. Of course however he gets criticised for implanting into diffused areas by someone like yourself due to riskiness, when you LITERALLY HAD THE SAME THING DONE TO YOURSELF BY ANOTHER SURGEON.

lel.

If you pick and choose which comments of mine to display you can make it sound like I am against Dr Erdogan which is far from the case, I have said consistently that he is an elite fue surgeon and I recommend him almost daily on this site. You will find infinitely more positive comments from me about this doctor than negative. I also have said that Dr Lorenzo thinks very highly of Erdogan so that just reinforces what I already believed. that said I can question things and one of my main questions as it is to so many here is why are his quotes higher. They do have the same coverage value system so why are the quotes different, you're saying they quote the exact same numbers but that wasn't my experience, I was quoted 1100 more grafts by Dr Erodgan. I have my own theory, and I believe I said it before in a thread, I think he just knows ultimately the worst case scenario for your hair loss and how many donors you have and hes willing to use up the donor to get the best result possible. Lorenzo takes a more measured approach, he goes in stages, it can in the end up in similar graft counts or it could be significantly less if the patient ends up happy with the coverage in one stage. There isn't a right or wrong in that just personal philosophy.

This Erdogan patient said something different than what I had believed and that was that he anticipates loss, that was what I thought sounded reckless, we don't know if that is what Erdogan is doing at all so I was discussing that point alone. Going into an area that has signficant loss and has some minaturized hairs as well but accounting for those to be lost is just game planning but that is different from saying well 5 years from now you'll probably be thinning in the midscalp so Im just gonna add a thousand grafts there in anticipation which is what it sounded like this patient was saying, that sounds like asking for trouble... You are also confusing my saying I am a diffuse patient with I am currently in a deeply minaturized state, diffuse loss is just one way the loss shows itself but it doesn't necessarily mean the hair is in an advanced stage of minaturization. If an area is heavily minaturized of course it is dangerous to implant there for any doctor and all should have a level at which it is too risky. My hair had diffused along the crown, there was enough loss to warrant going in and meds had steadied the rest of the area so Lorenzo was able to go in, if it wasn't safe he would not have gone in...but there is a skill to working on diffused patients as you can transect hairs in a diffused area quite easily if you're not careful as there are usually still numerous natives present. I have 0 doubts as to Erdogans clinics ability to do fine work on diffuse patients, I just know Lorenzo has specific examples I didnt research Erdogans site thoroughly enough to know if he did or didnt so I didnt mention him to markee but it wasn't meant as any slight just that if you want feedback from another dr reach out to Lorenzo hes worked with a lot of us myself included, see what he has to say plus he'd already heard from Erdogan. Getting back to what I said, if the prediction/anticipation thing is true then I think that can be reckless as you're implanting in either areas that are in early stages of minaturization or healthy in which case you're risking shock loss so im not sure I entirely buy that reasoning as I think its too good a clinic getting too good results to be that risky. It wasn't a criticism of the clinic but of why I thought that reasoning didn't make sense to me.

I never criticized his clinic for working on you or any patient, each patient has his own variables so there is no cookie cutter answer as to who should be worked on, its a case by case basis, do not put words in my mouth. I also never said anything about his hairlines being too aggressive, Ive said he does very good hairline work. You're getting very defensive about your doctor when Im a fan of your doctor so im not sure where this is all coming from.

I have commented in cases where works werent good enough and said they werent good enough from every doctor who had one. I can't recall saying that in an Erdogan case, it mightve happened but off the top of my head I can't recall. I saw a Lupanzula miss, a Feriduni miss and I saw Bisanga botch some temple points and I commented on all of them and said they werent good enough and I had commented on Dutchies thread when his result wasnt good enough so I dont pick on any doc, I just call it like I see it.

Im sorry you seem to think this makes me a bs artist and a hypocrite but I dont think I was disingenuous in any way, I think the world of my doc Lorenzo im definitely guilty of probably talking him up too much but we all get that way about our docs when we're happy but I certainly don't take anything away from Dr Erdogan so please take my comments in their entirety, and don't isolate individual comments, I said one thing about a theory a patient had but that doesnt eliminate that ive been nothing but a fan recommending him a hundred other times.

Edited by mikeyhwk

If you pick and choose which comments of mine to display you can make it sound like I am against Dr Erdogan which is far from the case, I have said consistently that he is an elite fue surgeon and I recommend him almost daily on this site. You will find infinitely more positive comments from me about this doctor than negative. I also have said that Dr Lorenzo thinks very highly of Erdogan so that just reinforces what I already believed. that said I can question things and one of my main questions as it is to so many here is why are his quotes higher. They do have the same coverage value system so why are the quotes different, you're saying they quote the exact same numbers but that wasn't my experience, I was quoted 1100 more grafts by Dr Erodgan. I have my own theory, and I believe I said it before in a thread, I think he just knows ultimately the worst case scenario for your hair loss and how many donors you have and hes willing to use up the donor to get the best result possible. Lorenzo takes a more measured approach, he goes in stages, it can in the end up in similar graft counts or it could be significantly less if the patient ends up happy with the coverage in one stage. There isn't a right or wrong in that just personal philosophy.

This Erdogan patient said something different than what I had believed and that was that he anticipates loss, that was what I thought sounded reckless, we don't know if that is what Erdogan is doing at all so I was discussing that point alone. You are also confusing my saying I am a diffuse patient and I am currently in a deeply minaturized state, diffuse loss is just one way the loss shows itself but it doesn't necessarily mean the hair is in an advanced stage of minaturization. If an area is heavily minaturized of course it is dangerous to implant there for any doctor and all should have a level at which it is too risky. My hair had diffused along the crown, there was enough loss to warrant going and meds had steadied it so Lorenzo was able to go in, if it wasn't safe he would not have gone in...but there is a skill to working on diffused patients as you can transect grafts quite easily if you're not careful as there are usually still natives present. I have 0 doubts as to Erdogans clinics ability to do fine work on diffuse patients, I just know Lorenzo has specific examples I didnt research Erdogans site thoroughly enough to know if he did or didnt so I didnt mention him to markee but it wasn't meant as any slight just that if you want feedback from another dr reach out to Lorenzo hes worked with a lot of us myself included, see what he has to say. Getting back to what I said, if the prediction thing is true then it can be reckless as you're implanting in either areas that are in early stages of minaturization or healthy in which case you're risking shock loss so im not sure I entirely buy that reasoning as I think its too good a clinic getting too good results to be that risky.

I never criticized his clinic for working on you or any patient, each patient has his own variables so there is no cookie cutter answer as to who should be worked on, its a case by case basis, do not put words in my mouth. I also never said anything about his hairlines being too aggressive, Ive said he does very good hairline work. You're getting very defensive about your doctor when Im a fan of your doctor so im not sure where this is all coming from.

I have commented in cases where works werent good enough and said they werent good enough from every doctor who had one. I can't recall saying that in an Erdogan case, it mightve happened but off the top of my head I can't recall. I saw a Lupanzula miss, a Feriduni miss and I saw Bisanga botch some temple points and I commented on all of them and said they werent good enough and I had commented on Dutchies thread when his result wasnt good enough so I dont pick on any doc, I just call it like I see it.

Im sorry you seem to think this makes me a bs artist and a hypocrite but I dont think I was disingenuous in any way, I think the world of my doc Lorenzo im definitely guilty of probably talking him up too much but we all get that way about our docs when we're happy but I certainly don't take anything away from Dr Erdogan so please take my comments in their entirety, and don't isolate individual comments, I said one thing about a theory a patient had but that doesnt eliminate that ive been nothing but a fan recommending him a hundred other times.

I largely agree with you, it's more of a general rant of what seems commonplace here than specifically against you (although the specific comment in question seemed odd), overall your opinions are very much worthwhile and well informed.

I don't at all want to argue because again largely I think you're a top-end poster but I thought this was a little disingenuous too when it effectively its just playing semantics.

"deeply minaturized state, diffuse loss is just one way the loss shows itself but it doesn't necessarily mean the hair is in an advanced stage of minaturization"

I would also agree that Erdogan does err to the side of allowing higher risk decisions than other surgeons and allowing the patient to take responsibility on this end, when other surgeons might avoid these actions entirely. Personally I don't consider that a negative if he has a strong track record of success in actions many typically regard as high risk (eg. 5000-5500 graft FUE megasessions). People can make up their own minds.

I largely agree with you, it's more of a general rant of what seems commonplace here than specifically against you (although the specific comment in question seemed odd), overall your opinions are very much worthwhile and well informed.

I don't at all want to argue because again largely I think you're a top-end poster but I thought this was a little disingenuous too when it effectively its just playing semantics.

"deeply minaturized state, diffuse loss is just one way the loss shows itself but it doesn't necessarily mean the hair is in an advanced stage of minaturization"

I would also agree that Erdogan does err to the side of allowing higher risk decisions than other surgeons and allowing the patient to take responsibility on this end, when other surgeons might avoid these actions entirely. Personally I don't consider that a negative if he has a strong track record of success in actions many typically regard as high risk (eg. 5000-5500 graft FUE megasessions). People can make up their own minds.

No worries, I can see how you took it as you did but I hope you get where I'm coming from now. I totally get where an Erdogan patient can get defensive, he does get more flack than other docs in general but when you're the leader in the industry and he has to be doing the most procedures in the world youre going to get the most attention negative and positive, its not easy being the king lol

I agree with you that it isn't a negative that Erdogan lets his patients take higher risk decisions if it makes sense for them, it comes down to personal approach, like drs patients also have their own personalities, I like the slower approach cause it lets me fine tune but its also a bitch in that I gotta shave my head every time for a tune up lol to some that would be painful when they could do it in one go...we all gotta do what we are all comfortable with and pick a doc that matches our temperament so its good to have docs of all sorts and let the patients decide. Whats for sure is Erdogan is a great surgeon