3800 grafts with Dr Emrah Cinik (norwood 7)

Sali

Hi Im from the UK and flew to Istanbul to get a hair transplant. I'm 27 yrs old and started losing my hair about 5 years ago and ended up being a norwood 7. I was looking into a hair transplant for about 2 years but reviews and other peoples comments on this site and many other forums were putting me off. But about 15 months ago a friend of mine who also had hair loss flew out and had a hair*transplant with Dr Cinik and after seeing his results I flew out on the 30th Dec 2017 and had mine done. They took about 3800 grafts from the back of my head my beard and chest. The day started with me being picked from my hotel for 07:30 by the driver. Then I met a member of the clinic at the hospital enterance and was taken to Dr Ciniks office where my donor area was looked at and hair line was discussed. My hair line is higher than I would have prefered but being a norwood 7 and not having great scalf donor area we agreed to the hairline you can see in pictures below. The procedure took about 8 hours I would say and the local anaesthetic was very painful. The grafts were taken out by technicians, then Dr Cinik did the graft holes on the top and the technicians again placed the grafts. I had about three breaks where sandwiches, juices and cakes were given to me. And a translator was with me throughout always asking if I was OK. I was bandaged up given meds and dropped back off to the hotel and bought back again the next morning. The next day was basically removing bandages from donor areas and I bought a shampoo and meds pack for €200 and was given a explanation on how to wash and what to do over the next year.

Im not really a writer so consider this alot from me so far. Any questions just ask. But i will try and updated as often as I can.*

20180105_114759.jpg.775d563e05d806f35a7bef148c8d5654.jpg

20180105_114702.thumb.jpg.3cd302eb1f175a7ed0306c3b04a436d0.jpg

IMG-20180103-WA0100.thumb.jpg.e9f556de9f8ed5adbc38df1b0622d970.jpg

IMG-20180103-WA0099.thumb.jpg.feaf5507363e08aaadd5a27e1e052ed0.jpg

Wow. You had very rapid hairloss ,in 5 years to NW7 , thats quick.

Why you didn't start finasteride earlier ?

I see that you have a lot of body hair, and that is great because you will need all of it to fix your hairloss.

Good luck to you, i was nw5 myself.

Un13 to be honest once i started losing my hair i just shaved and wore a hat for years. And finasteride wasn't something I knew about until i lost so much and didnt think it would work. But I've jumped in the deep end with a transplant and hoping for the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Sali

I’m going to give two pieces of honest advice:

1. You should not have been advised to get a hair transplant without understanding that you had minimal chances of a decent restoration with that donor—you are are heading to an extreme NW7 with a Thin donor. If you are content with getting a little on top that you could comb back maybe that is fine. It will sort of be like Joe Biden. What exactly were you advised would be the plan?

2. You are now going to need a plan for extreme restoration if you go further.That will likely mean a combination of totally maxing our your beard and body hair and using SMP. This is going to take a while and you will need to be in very experienced hands. At least you did FUE so you can keep your hair shorter.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sali

Do you have any updates its been around 8 months since you had a transplant.

Although you don't have good donor area you can get good results with your second or third transplant

Don't give up do what makes you happy,

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi sorry I've not been updating this thread. I didnt realise there was any activity lol. Im also got a thread going on another site which sends me emails every time there is any activity unlike here hence why I stopped checking here. Anyway il post everything so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi sorry I've not been updating this thread. I didnt realise there was any activity lol. Im also got a thread going on another site which sends me emails every time there is any activity unlike here hence why I stopped checking here. Anyway il post everything so far.

Any updates Sal? i'm thinking of going to the same clinic this summer. Would be nice to see how your'e getting on bruv

I have not had a chance to read every reply on this thread, but I do agree with what many have said so far. While not familiar with this surgeon, I agree that it appears that he did a great job with the limited amount of donor hair he could use and on such a large balding area. As others have suggested, the hair loss you are experiencing at 27 years old would be labeled severe / advanced.

Given that hair transplant surgery is about supply versus demand, I trust your doctor made you aware that your demand for hair (the bald or balding area that’s receiving the transplanted hairs - referred to as the recipient area) is much greater than your overall supply (hair on the sides and back of your scalp referred to as the donor area). Thus, as result, you will never be able to achieve a full looking head of hair from front to back. This is why the doctor clearly focused on the frontal region in which, a natural, age-appropriate hairline that will frame the face was created with as much hair as possible put behind it until the donor hair ran out. Subsequent hair transplant procedures will enable your doctor to add more hair behind the hairline and mid region but will likely never get to the crown. But, this and a few subsequent hair transplant procedures could give you a very natural and age-appropriate head of hair even though it may not be as thick or as covering as you would like it to be.

As long as your doctor explained all of this to you, and your expectations of this and other procedures should be realistic. Just understand, that you will never be able to achieve a full walking head of hair that covers all areas of baldness.

We do hope that you continue to update us with regular/monthly photos so we can follow your progress to see how everything grows in and looks over the next year.

Best wishes and happy growing,

Bill

Sali,

You should get email notifications if they are turned on. They are turned on by default. However, our system only sends a couple emails for the first couple of replies and not every reply so it doesn’t bombard you with a hundred emails for example. Send, if you visit the forum again and you are logged in of course, you will then get another couple email notifications when people reply. So as long as you are visiting forum when you get replies, you should continue getting emails pretty much every time somebody replies but not always.

Our new Forum community which we are almost complete with, will send email notifications every time there is a reply so that should be more like what you are used to.

Best wishes,

Bill