FUE donor area look, 40 days Post OP - Is it normal ???

HelpSeeker

Hi Guys,

I have gone through HT around 40 days back. And attaching some before and after pictures for donor area till 40 days Post Op for guidance

Currently I am in huge confusion after HT since some gaps are visible at donor side after 40 days in comparison to my earlier donor density.

1- Is it normal density at donor side at 40 days Post Op.

2- When would these gaps can be expected to be filled, which are visible currently at donor side.

3- Are these gaps are due to shock loss at donor side.

Please guide.

Regards,

HelpSeeker

BeforeDonor-1.thumb.jpg.74a75ae777b88167fac24fe2b8949cb8.jpg

BeforeDonor-2.thumb.jpg.031de751e4f49a5d7181f06f1e847d38.jpg

BeforeDonor-3.thumb.jpg.9643dc868d4a70366b84aac54bd95610.jpg

Day-16.thumb.jpg.087625eeee7987a71ad44456f35e70d7.jpg

Day-30.thumb.jpg.c5484af5b9a7ff1e7acb98f477116c4c.jpg

Day-40.thumb.jpg.ebe9a8922581f0025a066d99f5057597.jpg

It looks like the donor area has healed very nicely. Don’t get too excited about the donor area. You may have experienced some shock loss but it will grow back in time. Hairs you may have lost have a natural dormant cycle which has been a naturally occurring experience your whole life. You shed hairs this way and the follicle becomes dormant for a few months and then starts growing a new hair. In 3-5 months when your new transplanted grafts start growing in, your donor area will look much more like the photos prior to your surgery. If you want to compare (although everyone’s growth rate is different), you can look at my photos at 40 days post surgery. Go to My FUE Hair Transplant and go into the archives to October of 2012. I’ve chronicled my entire experience for years with many pictures. Post some new pictures to this website in a few months and let us see the difference. I think you will be pleased. As always with hair transplants.....the patient HAS to be patient. Happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you very very much JohnCasper & HLS2015 your words are truly a motivation to look forward to!!

I am hoping positively that in 2-3 months hair should be okay for the donor area...

Also please let me know when hair trimming is advisable just to align all the donor side hair to same level.

You should have no problem with a hair trimming. My wife is a hair dresser and once the donor area had healed, she was able to trim my hair. As always, just be careful but you should be fine. I’m looking forward to seeing pictures in a couple months when that new hair starts filling in. Keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think that looks fairly normal, and I know that my own donor area got better and better with time. The difference you should see between now and 6-12 months from now should be quite significant, so don't fret. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

"Pkipling" is correct. It's amazing how resilient the donor area can be. It will recover quite quickly. I've had over 7,000 grafts taken from my donor areas and at the Hair Restoration Conference in Chicago several years ago... other doctors examined my donor areas and said I could easily relinquish about 2,000 more grafts. I'm not interested in doing that but it was encouraging to hear. I'm attaching a picture of my donor area prior to my second surgery. About 1,750 grafts came from this area and as you can see, any FUE scarring is less than discernible in the picture.

5b32f86180d83_LeftDonorPre.JPG.33a219734d6011fb61adde19cbe8bb2f.JPG