Dr Raghu Reddy V’s Dr Farjo FUE

I’m based in the UK and looking into my first possible HT and after much research it seems that Dr Raghu Reddy and Dr Farjo appear to be the best surgeons in the England?

Can anyone, based on experience advise who is better?

I previously visited Dr. Asim Shahmalak for a consultation who advised I should have 2500 grafts- 1000 on the crown and 1500 at the front. But I have not managed to find enough info on Dr. Asim Shahmalak so doubtfully I will use him.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for the best possible surgeon who will give me the best results.

Happy to pay more for a better result and travel if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Classygentleman,

Welcome to our hair restoration discussion forum. Both Dr. Reddy and Dr. Farjo are excellent in my opinion. I also notice that you seem to be seeking solely FUE. I encourage you to consider both strip and FUE only because each procedure has its pros and cons and some patients are better for one procedure over another. Thus, I encourage you to consider both as you do your research.

I encourage you to visit examples of each surgeons results, consult with both of them and then make your decision :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

• Like 1

Classygentleman,

Welcome to our hair restoration discussion forum. Both Dr. Reddy and Dr. Farjo are excellent in my opinion. I also notice that you seem to be seeking solely FUE. I encourage you to consider both strip and FUE only because each procedure has its pros and cons and some patients are better for one procedure over another. Thus, I encourage you to consider both as you do your research.

I encourage you to visit examples of each surgeons results, consult with both of them and then make your decision :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill, I haven’t totally ruled out FUT but am less keen due to scaring. I like to wear my hair short on back and the sides. I’m also concerned that if in the future I decide to shelve my head there will be a very visible scar with FUT.

Open to all options though.

I think picking the right surgeon is also going to be key but with so many companies out there I want to get as much first hand experience as possible

• Like 1

Interested myself in finding out about how Dr Reddy's reputation is these days. Is he so good that UK people no longer need to look abroad?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Interested myself in finding out about how Dr Reddy's reputation is these days. Is he so good that UK people no longer need to look abroad?

Honestly I don’t know, hence me posting on here.

Would really appreciate any advice people are able to share.

Quality and end results are key for me and will be the deciding factor as opposed to price

Thanks Bill, I haven’t totally ruled out FUT but am less keen due to scaring. I like to wear my hair short on back and the sides. I’m also concerned that if in the future I decide to shelve my head there will be a very visible scar with FUT.

Hi Classygentleman,

I was also worried in the same way as yourself in terms of scarring after having 2150 grafts from Dr Reddy just over four months ago I was amazed at how minimal the scarring was, even straight after MY HT just had my first hair cut a week ago and my hairdresser who is a good friend said he could no not detect any scaring whatsoever even under a close inspection.

If it's of any help I will try and dig out a photo or two (only took one or two of the doner area post op)?

I am of course waiting for my results to show as it's still very early days for me, but so far I could not be happier / over the moon, and as for the two days I was with Dr Reddy and his team they we all outstanding.

For the UK I would also consider Mr Ball at his Maitland clinic. Those 3 are the best in the UK. But do not just limit yourself to the UK, Belgium has excellent clinics for FUE and is very close to travel

Hi Classygentleman,

I was also worried in the same way as yourself in terms of scarring after having 2150 grafts from Dr Reddy just over four months ago I was amazed at how minimal the scarring was, even straight after MY HT just had my first hair cut a week ago and my hairdresser who is a good friend said he could no not detect any scaring whatsoever even under a close inspection.

If it's of any help I will try and dig out a photo or two (only took one or two of the doner area post op)?

I am of course waiting for my results to show as it's still very early days for me, but so far I could not be happier / over the moon, and as for the two days I was with Dr Reddy and his team they we all outstanding.

Thanks John, really appreciate your message.

I would love to see your pics. Are you able to PM me unless you are happy to post publicly.

How many grafts did you have and what was the cost?

Thanks again!

Anybody that is looking for the best possible transplant in the UK must consider Dr Edward Ball in my opinion. There are numerous results of his on the internet, including this forum, Youtube and other social media, and I challenge anybody to find any client less then thrilled with their result and entire experience they received. If I was going for a second procedure in the UK, then Dr Ball would be my first choice. If he wasn't available then I would opt for Fargo. One thing I like about both Dr's Ball/Farjo is that they do both FUE and FUT on a case by case basis, if you have a preference then I'm sure they will take it on board but they will recommend what in their expert opinion is most sensible for you.

The private clinic docs (I think there are four) all appear to do good work from what I have seen, but I believe its exclusively FUE, which is what put me off them, not that I didn't want FUE (I did, and actually ended up having FUE), but I really didn't like that they offered FUE or nothing, without even a thought/discussion about if FUT might be more appropriate in some cases. That said, I know that they do good FUE work - if you haven't seen it already then YouTube "Life of Steve Hair Transplant", one of Dr Reddy's patients did a video diary of his FUE every day for 155 days post op.

If I have one piece of advise...it's make sure you speak to a Doc like Ball or Farjo who routinely do BOTH FUE and FUT, they will give you a professional opinion/explanation as to what they think would be most suitable in your case.

Edited by Hassler

I had a procedure with Dr Ball in August and the results are outstanding, I couldn't recommend him highly enough. My biggest worry was my expectations (they were like sky high) and he didn't just meet them, he exceeded them, I had no idea the result could be this good. If I was going for a second procedure in the UK, then Dr Ball would be my first choice. If he wasn't available then I would opt for Fargo. One thing I like about both Dr's Ball/Farjo is that they do both FUE and FUT on a case by case basis, if you have a preference then I'm sure they will take it on board but they will recommend what in their expert opinion is most sensible for you.

The private clinic docs (I think there are four) all appear to do good work from what I have seen, but I believe its exclusively FUE, which is what put me off them, not that I didn't want FUE (I did, and actually ended up having FUE), but I really didn't like that they offered FUE or nothing, without even a thought/discussion about if FUT might be more appropriate in some cases.

If I have one piece of advise...it's make sure you speak to a Doc like Ball or Farjo who routinely do BOTH FUE and FUT, they will give you a professional opinion/explanation as to what they think would be most suitable in your case.

So dr Fargo, Dr Ball and Dr Reddy are all in the top 3 now!

Can I ask how many grafts you had and what the cost was?

Thanks

It's all here including the results up to 4 months:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188587-1400-fue-dr-ball-4-months-post-op-results.html

I think the FUE cost between Ball/Farjo and Reddy is all pretty much the same at around 5 GBP per graft. Note that for something like 2500 grafts, then FUT starts to look very attractive price wise, and if you ended up going FUT with Dr Ball or Farjo then the cost would be quite a bit less I believe.

It's all here including the results up to 4 months:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188587-1400-fue-dr-ball-4-months-post-op-results.html

I think the FUE cost between Ball/Farjo and Reddy is all pretty much the same at around 5 GBP per graft. Note that for something like 2500 grafts, then FUT starts to look very attractive price wise, and if you ended up going FUT with Dr Ball or Farjo then the cost would be quite a bit less I believe.

Results looks fantastic, but to be fair you had pretty good hair before your transplant!

In terms of FUE/ FUT- ideally I want FUE due to minimal scaring. The increased cost is worth it I think. I will however listen to the Dr I chose and follow their advice.

I know....and thats exactly what Dr Ball said to me at my consultation "You've got pretty good hair for a 46 year old". I said "I know, but I want to make it better...can it be done?"

I think you have a cracking short list there. Speak to all 3, there is no real difference in cost, so you will just gravitate towards the one you feel most comfortable with. I looked in Ed's eye and instantly knew that he believed my result would be truly top notch (he didn't try to sell it to me), that did it for me.

Thanks John, really appreciate your message.

I would love to see your pics. Are you able to PM me unless you are happy to post publicly.

How many grafts did you have and what was the cost?

Thanks again!

Hi Classygentleman,

I had 2150 grafts over two days at around about the cost on the private clinic website.

Couldn't work out how to post the photos onto the forum see below links to 4 photos, went on holiday after my HT :( wish I was there now...

Day 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CfJ5WrBpg1WE3NU2qfm6uIAEG-3hMQtv/view?usp=sharing

Day2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ThJrk-p9WyX_c6OSzFxZ4a3gNdwSYQOU/view?usp=sharing

Day 12

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FVYM5OHArnUa9sWc0tyfWjY5-CSbJGj1/view?usp=sharing

Day 21

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEOzpi_LFLKFFpV3USk4RfikDZ5Kt6gG/view?usp=sharing

Hi Classygentleman,

I had 2150 grafts over two days at around about the cost on the private clinic website.

Couldn't work out how to post the photos onto the forum see below links to 4 photos, went on holiday after my HT :( wish I was there now...

Day 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CfJ5WrBpg1WE3NU2qfm6uIAEG-3hMQtv/view?usp=sharing

Day2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ThJrk-p9WyX_c6OSzFxZ4a3gNdwSYQOU/view?usp=sharing

Day 12

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FVYM5OHArnUa9sWc0tyfWjY5-CSbJGj1/view?usp=sharing

Day 21

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEOzpi_LFLKFFpV3USk4RfikDZ5Kt6gG/view?usp=sharing

Looks like nothing happened by day 14!

Do you have pics of the actual transplant area?

Looks like nothing happened by day 14!

Do you have pics of the actual transplant area?

Thank you, not had a chance to go through photos but here are a couple that will give you an idea.

Photos are before op and at 2 weeks post op.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kxiY12MfoFRUgrZH_TcdNtdvmUfDput8/view

I was worried about scars but also worried about redness in the recipient area which for someone like me it would be a big problem with no hair to hide it, but could not be happier on both counts and family members were none the wiser after I came back of holiday that I had anything done (i didn't tell them only my wife knew).

Regards,

John.